Cleveland Halo Hybrid Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
New hybrid from Cleveland Golf called Halo and we have a full review on the home page here.

Awesome Cleveland brought the Halo back loved that club back in the day! Will definitely have to try one of these out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of my all time favorite hybrids was a Cleveland with the hibore crown, nice to see it back. I agree with sentiment about wanting a hybrid to go to a specific distance, and going that distance consistently. This looks like a solid club for sure.

Awesome Cleveland brought the Halo back loved that club back in the day! Will definitely have to try one of these out!

I was so excited when I saw this one for the first time. Revamped shaping of the crown and adding some mashie-ness to it, oh man. It's pretty darn good looking and obviously I thought the design was effective.

@ddec thats a solid review sir!

Man those rails look mean.

And I for one love that it’s not just a balls to the wall rocket launcher but more of a gap hitter. We need more hybrids that flow into rather than destroy gaps imo.

I was so excited when I saw this one for the first time. Revamped shaping of the crown and adding some mashie-ness to it, oh man. It's pretty darn good looking and obviously I thought the design was effective.

Yeah I’m an endorser of the rail tech with other brands which has me hitting three wood off the deck better than I ever have! Put that in a good looking hybrid I’m all in!

Yeah I’m an endorser of the rail tech with other brands which has me hitting three wood off the deck better than I ever have! Put that in a good looking hybrid I’m all in!

My dad still has this in the bag(taken a few days ago) because of the rail design.
f5ac80693eb4d878dbe2df10c227bb71.jpg

@ddec thats a solid review sir!

Man those rails look mean.

And I for one love that it’s not just a balls to the wall rocket launcher but more of a gap hitter. We need more hybrids that flow into rather than destroy gaps imo.

You know my thoughts the moment I looked at some numbers. Ball speed for me was good, yardages were certainly consistent, and on top of it, the rail relief makes me think I can hit it out of anywhere.

Like the rails but like the review article said I’m bummed there is no higher loft options given I game 20/23/26* hybrids.

Guess it's time to replace my Hi-bore XLs...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Like the rails but like the review article said I’m bummed there is no higher loft options given I game 20/23/26* hybrids.
Gotta remember though, as a line it makes sense for Cleveland as with the new HB or UHX being flowed into the need for a higher lofted hybrid isn’t as significant.

Great review Dean. This clicks a lot of boxes. Sole design is a big part of the story. Looks to be priced well and is a solid performer.

Anything in particular keep it from being a contender to make it into the bag?

Great review Dean. This clicks a lot of boxes. Sole design is a big part of the story. Looks to be priced well and is a solid performer.

Anything in particular keep it from being a contender to make it into the bag?

I have dropped it in for the time being. This time of year the rough gets a little longer and holds more moisture, so I like having this club for that situation. Long term, I don't know, will just have to see how things set up. I've played the same 4h since December 2015. Its a hard club to kick to the curb.

The Gliderails, YEAH!!! Sign me up, the original glide rails were some of my favorite on the hybrids and woods.

Great review Dean. The original Halo was my first hybrid. This iteration sounds like it has a lot to offer from a performance and technology standpoint.

I mean I get it, it's basically what James said. But I'd love this one in a 5 hybrid form.

The rails on these look mean!!!

The rails on these look mean!!!

They’ve made them look way more aggressive than the me original iteration! Love the consistent numbers Dean was getting. Might have to try the 2/16* out

These look interesting. Hopefully I can get my hands on one to try. I’ve always liked the Cleveland hybrids, very easy to hit.

This is were Tour Edge is doing better than Cleveland in the max forgiveness category. Tour Edge has many loft and club options in its HL4 line, Cleveland has no higher lofted FW and hybrid options. I know JMan says this line is supposed to transition nice into each other. But options are always a positive and what the company thinks is right for me doesn’t maybe fit my game. I understand it is a SKU thing, but this what makes Tour Edge the advantage because they are have more options. Keep growing Cleveland

This is were Tour Edge is doing better than Cleveland in the max forgiveness category. Tour Edge has many loft and club options in its HL4 line, Cleveland has no higher lofted FW and hybrid options. I know JMan says this line is supposed to transition nice into each other. But options are always a positive and what the company thinks is right for me doesn’t maybe fit my game. I understand it is a SKU thing, but this what makes Tour Edge the advantage because they are have more options. Keep growing Cleveland

Oh they be growing. Like TE, they have had a nice year sales wise.

I really like the rail design, makes a lot of sense.

Looks like the stock shaft will be the Miyazaki CKUA 60. Anyone have any thoughts on it?

I really like the look of these, but just wish they were available in higher loft options.

Yeah, I like the look of that hybrid. I will keep an eye on that for next season!

Back