Cleveland Huntington Beach Collection Putters

Recently purchased a 33" HB#1. The satin finish is perfect!
The color and design of this putter just suits my eye so well.

I think this HB #1 will be in my bag for a while.

I got the HB1 in hand last weekend and really liked what I saw, it will be a fun one to test

The standard grip is a shape I don't usually use, but I actually enjoyed it a lot. I've been thinking about removing an oversized grip and going back to the original, and beyond the shape it has a really nice texture to it too.

Swapping out the stock grip for a Winn really made the putter feel a lot better for me. I have SuperStrokes on my other putters, and prefer a larger grip so it’s definitely personal preference. But upgrading the grip made the putter go from “it’s ok” to “this isn’t leaving my bag” for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just pulled the trigger on the HB #1 after hearing some great things about the collection. Think I'm going to use the standard grip it comes with for now, but wondering what you all think about throwing a flat cat or superstroke on it?

I like the standard grip too. It's the first time I've used that shape (paddle?) and even my fat old mitts fall into a natural and comfortable position. I wouldn't throw anything after market on there until you've given the standard a go.

Hope you get on with it :good:

FWIW, I paired up with a bloke using a Cleveland 2135 #1 with a SuperStroke3 a couple of weeks ago, and he preferred both the standard grip, and the feel off the face of my HB #1.

I like the standard grip too. It's the first time I've used that shape (paddle?) and even my fat old mitts fall into a natural and comfortable position. I wouldn't throw anything after market on there until you've given the standard a go.

Hope you get on with it :good:

FWIW, I paired up with a bloke using a Cleveland 2135 #1 with a SuperStroke3 a couple of weeks ago, and he preferred both the standard grip, and the feel off the face of my HB #1.

I've been able to get 4 rounds in with this putter and even though it took some getting used to at first, I'm really starting to like the feel on the grip and putter! Going to ride with the standard grip for the next couple months at least, been really enjoying it. I feel very confident in my shorter putts with this in my hand.

I've been able to get 4 rounds in with this putter and even though it took some getting used to at first, I'm really starting to like the feel on the grip and putter! Going to ride with the standard grip for the next couple months at least, been really enjoying it. I feel very confident in my shorter putts with this in my hand.

I tried the stardard grip on the putter a few weeks ago and I liked it, very classic style. I almost regretted not sticking with it

I tried the stardard grip on the putter a few weeks ago and I liked it, very classic style. I almost regretted not sticking with it
What did you stick on it instead, if I may ask?

What did you stick on it instead, if I may ask?

I ordered mine with a Rosemark grip, I know I will like it, no worries there, but the stock grip felt great

From what we saw in the Live thread, the HB #1 / Rosemark combo appears to be suiting you very nicely MP :good:

So for the Game Changer, I chose the HB #1 putter, 34" with a Winn 1.32 grip. I haven't used a blade putter in years and have a garage full of mallet and midmallet putters and wanted to try something different. Initial thoughts on it... i love the clean look, but the head felt really light. This is most likely due to the heavy winn grip, and me being used to much heavier putter heads (380g +.)

First round with it, I definitely struggled with how light it felt. My speed control was way off. Day 2, I added 14g of weight to the head and it was a completely different putter. My speed control was better, and I hit my lines better. The grip though, i still wasn't sold on it. When I ordered it, I didn't think it would be THAT big.

Fast forward to today... I played another round with it in Az before heading back to Cali. This morning, I ran out and bought a Superstroke Pistol GT for it, and installed it a couple hours before the round. The result was one of my best putting days on some pretty tough greens... 26 putts today. I missed 1 putt inside 10' today, and that one lipped out, and no 3jacks. I love the soft feel off the face, and how true the ball rolls with it. Below are some pics of my HB #1.

da79fc3a7742f1d812697059cc5645cb.jpg
2da50eec8d1d41a699f1334da964bb39.jpg
6a45e64089deda146e94e398f4021138.jpg

From what we saw in the Live thread, the HB #1 / Rosemark combo appears to be suiting you very nicely MP :good:

I stuggled a lot with the reads in AZ, but made a couple fantastic putts as you read.

today was very diffent, this thing was on point! I made so many putts it wasn't even funny.

I have to say, I love the aggressive milling on this, it gives this putter a very soft feel, I would have no issue comparing this to putters that cost 4 times the price.

another round today and another great putting round, I am getting used to my Huntington beach #1 and it is a great feeling putter, I have confidence in the feel, and speed control is on point. I had a few clutch two putts today from 50 and 60 ft, and made a sick birdie putt from 25 ft. we'll see how it goes, but I have never putted that well at this stage of the season.

The more I play with the HB1, the more I like it. My buddy liked it so much he went out and bought an HB8 haha!

The more I play with the HB1, the more I like it. My buddy liked it so much he went out and bought an HB8 haha!

it really is a solid putter for the price, I enjoy the aggressive milling and it's soft feel

it really is a solid putter for the price, I enjoy the aggressive milling and it's soft feel

The only thing that bother me about it is the little bit of grass that gets in the grooves on the club face haha

The only thing that bother me about it is the little bit of grass that gets in the grooves on the club face haha

I can't say I have had this issue, do you putt from the rough?

I can't say I have had this issue, do you putt from the rough?

No, but I do from the fringe/fairway quite a bit. It's more of tiny mowed up pieces of grass. They clean off easy though.

The Clevelland Huntington Beach #10 and CBX Wedges are the only clubs in my bag that are solidly "locked in" at this point. They are that good for me.

Great looking putter collection. Price point is what I can handle for value and my ability.

The Clevelland Huntington Beach #10 and CBX Wedges are the only clubs in my bag that are solidly "locked in" at this point. They are that good for me.

Same here. My putting has improved significantly since switching from the Odyssey White Hot #1 to the Cleveland HB #1. If I ever have to replace it, it’ll be with another HB #1. My confidence has gotten so high with this. 3 putts are way fewer and it’s not surprising anymore to sink the majority of my putts within 10 feet. And my distance control is so much better, I consistently leave myself within tap-in or gimme range on misses, even longer putts. I wish would’ve bought this last year.

Last edited:
Cleveland Huntington Beach Collection Putters

I am really interest in the Cleveland HB #6. Does anyone here have one?

Last edited:

I have no experience with the #6, but I can say that all the putters from this line are solid, if the shape suits your eye and your stroke, I say go for it, you won't find a better putter for the price

I have a center shafted 6. I really enjoyed it. Set up was similar to my see more I was previously gaming.

I was talking with some of the guys from the #gamechanger event earlier, telling them that this huntington Beach #1 was the biggest surprise for me in the bag. In April, I fully expected to come back from that trip and go back to my fateful Seemore, but I've been putting better than ever with this club.

Today, I had my best putting day in ages, I didn't make any long bombs, but I never had a second putt longer than two feet. and I didn't miss a single putt under 15 feet! On my way to a personal best of 81.

it is one of the softest feeling milled putter out there, exactly what I want. the weight is spot on, the fit is fantastic for me and I don't see this putter going anywhere, I even told my wife she should have the seemore if she wanted.

I’ve had the HB 6 for close to a year now. Absolutely love it. The mid mallet has always been my go to style and I have enjoyed this putter. It’s honestly been great for my game. I’ve never rolled a high priced putter, but I can’t imagine a big enough difference to make me spend the extra money. For $100 or less this is a quality putter that I think just about anyone would be happy with

Back