Cleveland Ladies Mashie

What would the reasoning be that Clevleand wouldn't throw in a Miyazaki in these? If anythign at least the lightest/softest men's shaft?

Agreed. That's what I thought the beauty of the International Flex Code was for, creating a code to suit any golfer. Surely a "ladies" flex could be made.

What would the reasoning be that Clevleand wouldn't throw in a Miyazaki in these? If anythign at least the lightest/softest men's shaft?

good question, however I did get the new GolfWorks catalog yesterday and noticed that the Miyazaki shafts did not have a ladies flex. I'm sure with the International Flex code you could create one, but there wasn't one listed.

I think it's Miyazaki, but it's not branded as one. But we were told that it would be the C. Kua Premium 59 Series, Ultralight Technology, but with a 49g shaft.

at least someone besides me is thinking this way as well....good on ya 9i!
Agreed. That's what I thought the beauty of the International Flex Code was for, creating a code to suit any golfer. Surely a "ladies" flex could be made.

How did I miss this yesterday? I can't wait to hear what you think of this club as I'm about to buy myself a mashie and if this works well for you I might pick one up for my mother as well She just bought her first hybrid, another brand and is very excited to get it out there. She will like this one even more. It's crazy how she's still going strong on the course at 80, lol.

if that's the case that's just plain odd to me....witht he big push by Srixon/Cleveland/Miyazaki to bring customization to the consumer right off the bat you'd think they'd want the Miyazaki name on it...seems odd to me
I think it's Miyazaki, but it's not branded as one. But we were told that it would be the C. Kua Premium 59 Series, Ultralight Technology, but with a 49g shaft.

good question, however I did get the new GolfWorks catalog yesterday and noticed that the Miyazaki shafts did not have a ladies flex. I'm sure with the International Flex code you could create one, but there wasn't one listed.

Which begs the question.... why not?

at least someone besides me is thinking this way as well....good on ya 9i!

Thanks. This just doesn't make sense to me. Why have Miyazaki's in the men line and not the womens when one of (if not the) best selling features of the 2011 Clevelands is the Miyazaki shafts?

From everything I have been told this is a specially made shaft for Cleveland Golf that caters specifically to a woman's swing.

Here are the pictures:

The ladies is on the right
1196507952_386Vw-L.jpg

1196508322_tLiH3-L.jpg

Here the ladies is on the left:
1196508317_KboEs-L.jpg

1196508555_4g3eC-L.jpg

FLTC would like for someone to clean the Mens version. Check out the glare difference on the ladies finish. Thanks for the pics GG!

There seems to be more shine on the ladies. Looks to be a tiny bit smaller too.

I have also reached out to Cleveland to get some more answers about the shaft and the club heads and as soon as I hear back I will let you all know.

Ya the head does look different, JB needs to clean that bad boy.

FLTC would like for someone to clean the Mens version. Check out the glare difference on the ladies finish. Thanks for the pics GG!

There seems to be more shine on the ladies. Looks to be a tiny bit smaller too.

The ladies has a darker finish to it. I am not so sure there is really that much more glare I thin it's just the way the flash picked it up. I took them outside and didn't see much difference in the sun. Plus the men's has been used and the ladies is brand new so it's still all shiny and pretty.

GG: you're probably going to hit the mashie before I do :) I just bought mine on Monday and haven't had a chance to hit with it :( I have been swinging with it though, just not hitting any balls with it yet :sad: Brought it with me to my lesson the other night, but we were working on the driver, so didn't have a chance to hit with it, BUT took it out of my bag and showed my instructor who approves :good:

The ladies has a darker finish to it. I am not so sure there is really that much more glare I thin it's just the way the flash picked it up. I took them outside and didn't see much difference in the sun. Plus the men's has been used and the ladies is brand new so it's still all shiny and pretty.

From what I remember of the Mashie from the last Outing, there was no glare at all, even outside in the sun. Strange how the ladies shows some reflection inside. Never noticed any relfection on the mens version.

Maybe it's the angle but the ladies' looks more rounded? promoting more forgiveness?

From what I remember of the Mashie from the last Outing, there was no glare at all, even outside in the sun. Strange how the ladies shows some reflection inside. Never noticed any relfection on the mens version.

The ladies one appears to have a clearcoat on it, while the men's has a matte finish.
Just like the R11/Whatever other driver paint discussion.

OK, I heard back from Cleveland and this is what they had to say:

The women’s Mashie’s Drivers and Fwy do not use Miyazaki shafts as the Miyazaki products are authentic after market items that have not yet been developed for women’s flexes and are tour driven. The club heads are the same structure as the men’s but the overall club design and swing weight is specifically designed for women. A special Cleveland shaft was created for this product.

OK, I heard back from Cleveland and this is what they had to say:

Hmmm..... interesting. Thanks GG! Maybe a "ladies" flex Miyazaki will be in future lines down the road? Doesn't seem too fair otherwise.

my initial thoughts as well...too bad for the ladies

Hmmm..... interesting. Thanks GG! Maybe a "ladies" flex Miyazaki will be in future lines down the road? Doesn't seem too fair otherwise.

Exactly! A flex code for everyone except the ladies? Seems very odd.

Am I the only one that noticed the Mashie in pink? :alien: I think it looks great!

Exactly! A flex code for everyone except the ladies? Seems very odd.

To respond to the comments above. I don't think it's weird or unfair at all. Most ladies clubs are for beginner golfers or I should say women who don't play a ton. Once a woman starts getting more serious about her game and/or fit she will more than likely end up with a men's or senior shaft and/or clubs anyhow. Therefore, I see nothing wrong with them not putting a Miyazaki shaft in this or any of their clubs.

Am I the only one that noticed the Mashie in pink? :alien: I think it looks great!

You do realize this is the ladies mashie right?

It just says Cleveland Golf on it. With a woman's flex and 49g.

GG:

Thanks for the answer and thanks for checking with Cleveland regarding the differences between the Mashies. Looking forward to hearing how you like your Mashie. I love mine. My wife's favorite clubs are her hybrids. Might have to buy her a Mashie.

-Steven

Back