Cleveland Launcher HB Irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
These look great. I can't wait to hit these on Thursday!

Awesome looking set. Really remind me of my old HiBores. If I ever leave the C200s, this could be the line.

I hate Tapatalk

Dean of THP breaking it down! Progressive set and hi launching, I think people will like these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any pics ? The video never really showed them up close and personal.

Glad to see them back in the iron game

These should be a huge benefit to a lot of golfers out there. Will be interested to hear what the shaft options are.

Based on the cult following of the Altitudes, these could be the star of the line. I'd love to hit the 4 and 5 irons.

Man I loved me some Altitudes. Unsure how they could be improved upon but they have my attention.

I love it. I still sometimes play the Altitude 5 and 6 irons, such great clubs. I will definitely be trying these out in some long irons.

Digging the light blue. One of the prettiest looking irons I've seen in a while.

I never hit the altitudes well because of a mental block of these looking so big. I know folks loved the previous iteration so I am looking forward to seeing and learning about the improvements they made. Can't wait to give these a rip!

Digging the light blue. One of the prettiest looking irons I've seen in a while.

The Launcher HB's don't have blue on them.
The blue accents are on the CBX irons.

Some interesting observations when looking at the HB specs:

No more 19* 3i
Set runs from 4i-SW.
4-5-6 are same lofts as the Tudes
7-8 are 1* stronger (odd)
9-PW same loft
D - 1* weaker
S - 56* - 2* weaker

Overall 1/4" shorter shaft wise than Tudes and 0.5* more upright. Swing weight is 1 pt less (probably due to the shorter length).
Offset is the same as the Tudes and still minimal compared to other irons in this category.

I like the shorter length and min offset.

Launcher HB Irons Sound Test

[video=youtube;26B_D5l6t-0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26B_D5l6t-0[/video]

Yep, they sound good!

Sound is nice.

Definitely good sound on that. Was that a 5i?

Thanks JB. Looks like a fun set

Lots of fun obedt. Dean and I played them for most shots on the course this past weekend and I have had a set in play for about a month now.

Look similar to the HB3, of which I still have my set. Really liked those irons/hyrons.

Lots of fun obedt. Dean and I played them for most shots on the course this past weekend and I have had a set in play for about a month now.

Seeing anything performance wise that really differentiates them from the Altitudes?

Did you guys notice that the lower lofted irons were just as easy to play as the higher lofted variants?

Driver looks really interesting, wonder if the step down will help aerodynamics and increase swing speeds?

Clearly the article needed more videos posted in the write up :)

Can anyone comment on the black cavity paint fill? Similar like the Altitude cavity paint that holds up well without needing covers ?

Back