Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo Irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
New irons from Cleveland called called Launcher HB Turbo and we have the full details on the home page here.

Glad to see Cleveland continuing the HB line.
Having seen these already in hand, to my eye they looked great and probably my favorite looking of all the HB/Hibore irons to date. Hoping to demo this week.

Adding a little bit of ball speed is probably all that was wanted from the prior set. These could be even bigger sellers for Cleveland.

• Admin
Adding a little bit of ball speed is probably all that was wanted from the prior set. These could be even bigger sellers for Cleveland.

To me the sound was improved as well.

This always strikes me as a line perfect for beginning golfers and those that struggle to hit irons. Keep thinking about a women's set of these for my wife.

From what I have been reading Cleveland is saying about a half club distance increase without jacking the lofts.
This would be huge for me.
I switched from the Altitudes to G700's because I got 5-7 yds more with them.
But to be fair I prefer the hybrid like appearance of the HB/Altitude irons because they have less offset than most GI irons.

If the Turbo's get half club gains from the tech, count me in.

This always strikes me as a line perfect for beginning golfers and those that struggle to hit irons. Keep thinking about a women's set of these for my wife.

While these would benefit many players, decent players don't sleep on this line.

I recently put my Altitudes back in the bag and my last 5 rds with them have been 78, 79, 81, 80, 80 helping me back into the single digit handicap (9.8) range. Was pretty much 10-11 cap all season.

Glad to see Cleveland continuing the HB line.
Having seen these already in hand, to my eye they looked great and probably my favorite looking of all the HB/Hibore irons to date. Hoping to demo this week.

erock9174, do the new turbo's look more like the HB3's or Altitudes looking down at them at address. I know you like the Tudes. But, the look of them crept into the prior gen. If the new Turbos tleans towards the HB3's finish, it would be tempting. Thx!

erock9174, do the new turbo's look more like the HB3's or Altitudes looking down at them at address. I know you like the Tudes. But, the look of them crept into the prior gen. If the new Turbos tleans towards the HB3's finish, it would be tempting. Thx!

Honestly I’ve never hit the HB3’s.

Are you talking about the black cavity finish ?

The HL3 I think had more of a satin finish like last year’s Launcher HB’s.

The Turbos finish is more of a matte black finish like the Tudes.

The Launcher UHX.... those look great. I want to hit those bad boys. And for that price... oh my.

Honestly I’ve never hit the HB3’s.

Are you talking about the black cavity finish ?

The HL3 I think had more of a satin finish like last year’s Launcher HB’s.

The Turbos finish is more of a matte black finish like the Tudes.

Not sure, how I would describe the HB3's other than they have a smooth finish and are more similar to grey. Will hopefully be checking out a Cleveland demo day on Sat. If I get there, will report back.

You got both irons and the utility at Cleveland last month and I know we have had the clubs at HQ for about 3 months. They sound so much better than a lot of hollow body sets.

You got both irons and the utility at Cleveland last month and I know we have had the clubs at HQ for about 3 months. They sound so much better than a lot of hollow body sets.

Are you seeing the 1/2 club gain over the prior model that Cleveland is touting ?

Been some requests on social media for some comparison images so here ya go. This is the 7 iron from the Altitude, the HB Launcher and the HB Launcher Turbo.

Soles.jpg

Backs.jpg

Toes.jpg

Topline.jpg

Offset.jpg

That is awesome JB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
What is the last pic measuring offset ?

You are very welcome. And wait till you ditch tapatalk and check out the forum from your mobile browser. You are going to love the new features.

Yes.

Thanks !!

@JB
Any chance you could measure the offset of the HL4 ironwood for comparison ?

@JB
Any chance you could measure the offset of the HL4 ironwood for comparison ?

No, those were sent to our TEEm Tour Edge members, which is a group of Albatross Club Members that get free equipment from Tour Edge quarterly.

You are very welcome. And wait till you ditch tapatalk and check out the forum from your mobile browser. You are going to love the new features.

Yes.

Does it measure in millimeters ?

Went to the demo day. The Cleveland rep was very nice. Working hard! Comparing the HB Turbo's irons against the HB3's to me was not a big change. As I reach age 60, I am thinking of a change to a sr shaft. That would be the only reason to change. It felt sweet and some new unleashed power. They didn't seem to be as hook biased, which is nice.
I liked these better than the Altitudes. Also, they do have demo days not listed on their web site. Next Sat they will be at 12 Oaks in Holly Springs, NC. So, check with your local rep for their schedule. I tested the turbo driver which was fine. But, others on the range were VERY pleased. If you have never used the HB hybrid irons series, I strongly recommend them.

Last edited:
I've been reading everything I can find on the new Launcher HB Turbos and have seen nothing about optional shafts being available. Perhaps this info will come later with the actual release or when pre-ordering opens on Monday. It would be cool if one could get fitted into the "optimum" shaft

Back