Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo Irons

Great information there, @OITW... I keep wanting to game my srixons (which I really like) but I didn't take to them as quickly as with the launchers and I have a bit more confidence with the launchers right now... Look forward to hearing more

Great information there, @OITW... I keep wanting to game my srixons (which I really like) but I didn't take to them as quickly as with the launchers and I have a bit more confidence with the launchers right now... Look forward to hearing more

Play what makes the game fun dude. If you have any specific questions I'm more than happy to give my take.

So my review here is on the Original Launcher HB irons with Miyazaki regular flex graphite shafts.

FEEL: So far I’m loving the matching of the Miyazaki Graphite shaft and the HB launcher head....good overall clubhead and gives nice balanced feedback during swing. I MUCH prefer the overall feel of this clubhead/face at impact over the 588 Altitude set.....huge improvement and difference in this are. Yes, I can feel my misses when not in sweet spot....but it’s without the “thin feeling” and occasional sting in the hands that I got with the 588 Altitudes. I’ll add sound into this category as well....and the sound is a pleasant solid click as opposed to a metallic “clink” from the altitudes. I compare the HB Launcher irons to the HB3 in a lot of ways.

DISTANCE: I previously played a set of Wilson D100 irons and Wilson 3-5 hybrids. Prior to that was a set of Ping Karsten irons and Ping Hybrids. I have LOST approximately 1-2 clubs in distance since switching to the HB Launcher irons.....despite all of them having similar strong lofts and standards .....this is concerning to me as I am getting older and have a few injuries....so distance is an important factor to me!

ACCURACY/FORGIVENESS; As many have mentioned, here’s where these Launcher HB (and I’m sure Turbo even more so), SHINE!!! It is very, very difficult to hit a BAD shot with these Cleveland Launcher HB irons. Can’t tell you how many times I have put a swing on these, and felt like “Crap, I missed that one”....only to look up and watching the ball going just a LITTLE off line from my original target line....but know full well that even with my prior sets (although Karstens were pretty incredible as well).....I would be MUCH further offline or even into deep trouble!). These Cleveland Hybrid irons are just plain FUN to play and make your MISSES better!!

OVERALL INITIAL IMPRESSIONS: At this stage of my testing and play with these I am EXTREMELY impressed! I am giving up a lot of distance , but because I am more accurate with these, I am scoring better. So far, I am good with that! Having some shoulder issues, the lightweight yet high quality Miyazaki Graphite shafts in these..give tremendous balance and feel, and because they are all hybrid clubheads ....the feel and great turf interaction...are great for any of you folks that are getting older or dealing with injuries/arthritis! These irons will bring a lot of fun and ENJOYMENT back into your game!!! I sincerely can not recommend enough that EVERYONE regardless of handicap should give these irons and the new Turbo Edition a try!!!

I play the current Turbos, not the ones you mentioned, but if you are giving up 2 clubs of distance, you may want to explore what is causing it. Whether that be impact or ball flight, something is amiss, because these are pretty darn long.

Concur with what @JB said about distance...I am playing the non-turbo launchers and they are longer than every other iron I’ve hit...

Yeah I picked up the 5-10 yards I lost going to the OG launchers with the turbos. I would say they are a good half to full club longer.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I’ve found the Turbos to be freakishly low spinning. I’m guessing a significant amount compared to my Altitudes but I have no data yet between them just data on the Turbos.

For me I need launch and spin and the descent angle for me with the Turbo 7i was on the shallow side of what I’d like to see. I’ve opted for the Cobra T-Rail as I’m getting more launch and spin between the two.

I’ve found the Turbos to be freakishly low spinning. I’m guessing a significant amount compared to my Altitudes but I have no data yet between them just data on the Turbos.

For me I need launch and spin and the descent angle for me with the Turbo 7i was on the shallow side of what I’d like to see. I’ve opted for the Cobra T-Rail as I’m getting more launch and spin between the two.

‘I’ve been wanting to try these out...

‘I’ve been wanting to try these out...

Love love love mine. Once I get my finances sorted out I’ll be filling in the set with 7-GW of T-Rails.

I am not getting that with the Turbos, but the launch could be increased for you because T-Rail has more offset.

As a big fan of the Altitudes, I love following along with this thread.
One day I will get around to finally demoing the Launcher HB Turbos!

I play the current Turbos, not the ones you mentioned, but if you are giving up 2 clubs of distance, you may want to explore what is causing it. Whether that be impact or ball flight, something is amiss, because these are pretty darn long.
Yeah not sure....from all reviews on other sites and Cleveland’s website seems that predominant thing I’ve heard the most is FORGIVENESS and accuracy with these, but they werent as long as a players current set. I think that the lower spin and lightweight graphite shaft and swing weight may also be a factor for me to consider....thanks for your feedback

Yeah not sure....from all reviews on other sites and Cleveland’s website seems that predominant thing I’ve heard the most is FORGIVENESS and accuracy with these, but they werent as long as a players current set. I think that the lower spin and lightweight graphite shaft and swing weight may also be a factor for me to consider....thanks for your feedback
Swing weight should be similar to many other sets and is easily adjustable.

the other two things could actually help promote distance. 2 clubs shorter is a huge number so if that is being seen, I would definitely check a few things out. At our recent shaft event these were definitely one of the longer irons, based on THPer reviews and we had just about every iron on the market there.

That’s not to say you aren’t seeing that, just if you are, you may want to either try a fitting or check impact location.

Hi what shafts do you have in your set ....thanks

I had stock steel in my OG launchers and went with stock graphite in the new ones. That might also have to do with the distance, not 100% sure.

Swing weight should be similar to many other sets and is easily adjustable.

the other two things could actually help promote distance. 2 clubs shorter is a huge number so if that is being seen, I would definitely check a few things out. At our recent shaft event these were definitely one of the longer irons, based on THPer reviews and we had just about every iron on the market there.

That’s not to say you aren’t seeing that, just if you are, you may want to either try a fitting or check impact location.
Great ideas....Thanks JB....will try to do fitting with these and make sure these are correct for me

I am not getting that with the Turbos, but the launch could be increased for you because T-Rail has more offset.

Could very well be the offset. They do have more than the Tudes and Turbos.

Although to be fair to the T-rail they have some offset but probably less than alot of GI/SGI irons out there.
IIRC in the 6i they have about 3mm offset compared to most GI/SGI 6i having about 5mm.

At the end of the day, both the TRails and Turbos are solid offerings and I hope people try them because I absolutely love gaming the hybrid style irons.
The Tudes came at time when my iron play was really struggling. I had gotten to around a 17 cap at the time and started trending to around a 20+.
Along came the Tudes and they have lowered and lowered my cap the more I game them.
Hoping the T-Rails can take me even further this season.. play to around an 8-9 cap right now.

Could very well be the offset. They do have more than the Tudes and Turbos.

Although to be fair to the T-rail they have some offset but probably less than alot of GI/SGI irons out there.
IIRC in the 6i they have about 3mm offset compared to most GI/SGI 6i having about 5mm.

At the end of the day, both the TRails and Turbos are solid offerings and I hope people try them because I absolutely love gaming the hybrid style irons.
The Tudes came at time when my iron play was really struggling. I had gotten to around a 17 cap at the time and started trending to around a 20+.
Along came the Tudes and they have lowered and lowered my cap the more I game them.
Hoping the T-Rails can take me even further this season.. play to around an 8-9 cap right now.

I want extended time with the TRails, as someone who has spent extensive time with the Turbos and Wilson LPs (with the Turbos being the best for accuracy and dispersion) I wonder how the third set compares.

Good luck with the TRails this year.

I didn’t hit the Launchers well in my limited time with them, but on the few good strikes I had they were longer than the T-Rails. Don’t have LM data, but I believe the Cobras do spin more and launch a bit higher.

I think the Launchers are the class of the hybrid irons, but the T-rails work better for me. Kind of a similar experience to erock.

Just hit about 40ish balls and was absolutely crushing them. That's probably a lot to do with swinging them well tonight. I was even hitting my woods well on skytrak which has been the banee of my existence for a while.

I didn’t hit the Launchers well in my limited time with them, but on the few good strikes I had they were longer than the T-Rails. Don’t have LM data, but I believe the Cobras do spin more and launch a bit higher.

I think the Launchers are the class of the hybrid irons, but the T-rails work better for me. Kind of a similar experience to erock.

Would love to get your thoughts on the LPs if you could get them in hand

My wife was struggling to get her iron shots up in the air or to hit them solid at all. We went to the local golf shop and she was messing with some hybrids. I asked her to try the Launcher HP Turbos and she hit almost everyone solid and straight. So, I bought her a set. For her, it seems to be perfect. Time will tell.

was talking with a 1 hcp, and he has titleist irons up to 7 iron, then has 6, 5, and 4 in HB turbos. Says his dispersion is the best it's ever been. May go try hit a few of these.

I picked up a used set of Turbos for my son, making these his first set of adult irons. I’m excited to see him enjoy hitting the ball high and further...and smiling to myself when he thinks it’s him.

Back