Cleveland Launcher UHX Irons

The UHX are going to be high on the list to try. Really hoping to find something to replace the M4's late this year or early next.

Nice write-up JB.

I’m excited by the UHX irons. $169 for a utility iron.

The seamless blending of essentially a mixed set packed with forgiveness is exactly what I’m looking for.

Added v-sole is a huge bonus.

$799 for a steel set is an awesome pricepoint.

The looks are fantastic as well.

Is the UBX replacing the CBX ? I was told by the owner of my local fitting center that the CBX remains “current” in the Cleveland lineup.
CBX - GI
UBX - GI/Distance
HB - SGI

Looking forward to the trying the UHX! Seems to be a perfect match tot he CBX 2 wedges and may be the perfect fir for my game to keep it consistent.

From what I heard, they are keeping they CBX line for now with plans to "maybe" update it in the future.

UHX look great. Top line surprised me a bit in JB's photo...in a good way.

Very hard to beat the price point of a set of these. You can see the forgiveness in them .

Wow, the UHX irons are nice looking. We still have a set of a prior iteration of the Launcer HBs in my household - that design is superb for what it’s intended to do.

I wouldn't mind taking a few swings with these. Cleveland reps frequent a couple courses in the area so I am sure I can get a few swings in sometime soon.

Love that theses guys arent playing it safe. Improvement in almost every category.

Looking forward to the feedback on the Launcher HB turbos. I am still very happy with my HB3's. But, these look really good on the bottom of the club.

Looking forward to the feedback on the Launcher HB turbos. I am still very happy with my HB3's. But, these look really good on the bottom of the club.

The Launcher HB Turbo thread is here.

Hmmm, I was gushing over the F9 irons in my “single digit playing GI clubs” post, but these may get a shot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got to see these first hand tonight. The size surprised me a bit they are smaller than I thought. Great looking irons and I really liked the Utility club. I hope they have these at my fitting next month.

I think this is a pretty brilliant decision by Cleveland to bring this set to market. Have a tech question though, and it's pretty in depth.

They've been able to bring out a (very good by all accounts) hollow body wedge. Other OEMs have managed to build full hollow body iron sets. Was wondering if Cleveland considered going full hollow body to then transition to their CBX, and if not what were the drawbacks with that thought process. Perhaps it had to with their ability to manage spin at those lofts, but was wondering if there was a tech reason there where it works in wedges, but not necessarily in the higher lofted irons.

I'm intrigued by the UHX irons. So far, I like what I've read and heard about them. I look forward to reading more from those who put them in play.

I have to hit these. They look great and I bet they perform even better.

I think this is a pretty brilliant decision by Cleveland to bring this set to market. Have a tech question though, and it's pretty in depth.

They've been able to bring out a (very good by all accounts) hollow body wedge. Other OEMs have managed to build full hollow body iron sets. Was wondering if Cleveland considered going full hollow body to then transition to their CBX, and if not what were the drawbacks with that thought process. Perhaps it had to with their ability to manage spin at those lofts, but was wondering if there was a tech reason there where it works in wedges, but not necessarily in the higher lofted irons.

There is always going to be a give and take. In some instances, hollow construction will have diminishing returns, especially when precision is more necessary (ie scoring clubs). Then add in the goal to create gaps that both make sense and work for the golfer and you have a general idea of why design decisions are made.

Saw these in hand today and they look fantastic. They didn’t have any LH demos yet so I was unable to take any swings but they will be in the bag

e37c101ffd65cba1bc351b43da845c82.jpg

Just fell in love with my new set of 2017 HB Launchers. You club pushers will not tempt me. I will resist...I will resist...:nono:

The UHX clubs look awesome.

Yeah those looks great

Super super clean. I could do without the red in the loft but that's being picky. I do like the red accent better than the blue accent in the last model though.

I hit these and the new Launcher Turbo woods yesterday. The entire line is absolutely ridiculously easy to launch. I am scheduled for a full fitting this weekend with appropriate lofts and flexes. May just displace the F9’s....

Those are slick. Sounds like it is a great continuation of the Launcher line.

Out of curiosity are the UBX’s about equal, easier to use, or more demanding when compared to the CBX irons.

Back