Cleveland Launcher XL Halo FW Woods and Hybrid Preview

I am going to try the 18 degree 5 wood. I should have it in play this weekend. I’ll let you know my thoughts.

I just looked at Cleveland‘s site and found this picture. The irons have number and loft on it. Like only Cleveland does it. Are these new irons too?

cd339fe0b2f6597b7bd30769bf66d1ef.jpg

Best,
Henning

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

🤐

I just looked at Cleveland‘s site and found this picture. The irons have number and loft on it. Like only Cleveland does it. Are these new irons too?

cd339fe0b2f6597b7bd30769bf66d1ef.jpg

Best,
Henning

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Launcher XL
One of the online shops had them up when the Halo irons dropped my mistake. If you want some pics PM me. Want to honor the embargo.

Ok so…
I’ve been thinking about replacing my Super Hybrid, at first I just assumed I would just get a Epic Super Hybrid, then I hit the Halo Launcher 3+ HyWood today.

Wow this club is legit, now I’m on full ponder mode.

Last edited:
Ok so…
I’ve been thinking about replacing my Super Hybrid, at first I just assumed I would just get a Epic Super Hybrid, the I hit the Halo Launcher 3+ HyWood today.

I’m starting to pay real attention to “easier to hit” golf clubs. Always ignored them in the past but technology keeps advancing on MOI, launch, etc., that it now seems masochistic to resist.

Ok so…
I’ve been thinking about replacing my Super Hybrid, at first I just assumed I would just get a Epic Super Hybrid, the I hit the Halo Launcher 3+ HyWood today.

Mine is being built by Cleveland at the moment and I will get it next week some time. Glad to hear that you like it.

I’m starting to pay real attention to “easier to hit” golf clubs. Always ignored them in the past but technology keeps advancing on MOI, launch, etc., that it now seems masochistic to resist.
I used to try all the “Pro” models. I have embraced the forgiveness in clubs and haven’t looked back.

Ok so…

That might be the best I have ever seen you hit a low lifted hybrid. The funny part is, in typical internet golfer way, you want a shaft change, despite hitting it perfectly.

That might be the best I have ever seen you hit a low lifted hybrid. The funny part is, in typical internet golfer way, you want a shaft change, despite hitting it perfectly.

I mean stock can't be any good haha

It is on the light side, I would want to go a little heavier…

This may 3 card monte its way into my bag.

I have had a PING G400 5-wood in the bag (18*) and a G410 22* hybrid. The 22* hybrid was my security blanket club. Unfortunately the head flew off at the range Saturday. It could be repaired, but not until Tuesday. In true golf board member fashion, I used it as an excuse to buy the G425. But I don't like it as much as the G410.

The 5-wood was never great from the fairway for me. I'm thinking of using my PGA TourSS playability option and trading it for the Cleveland Hywood and getting my old G410 repaired. (i'm assuming the Hywood will be considered a 'like' kind of club for playability.

It seems to have the size/shape to be more playable from the fairway - and still a good tee option.

It is on the light side, I would want to go a little heavier…
What were your numbers with it? Seems like if you were striping it, weight be damned.

What were your numbers with it? Seems like if you were striping it, weight be damned.
He hit it really really well. He is quite aggressive at the transition, so I could see something a bit more firm might be beneficial, but it was pretty funny. He hit it a handful of times and was striping it. Then looked for a shaft change online haha. Its just so on brand.

I would love to see more reviews of the Hy-Wood and XL Halo hybrids. Not a lot out there yet.

So it looks like only the 40 Cypher HYB Shaft is available for this club from Cleveland.
Do I have that right?

Last edited:
So it looks like only the 40 gram Cypher HYB Shaft is available for this club from Cleveland.
Do I have that right?
Yes. It is a 50g Shaft for all flexes.

I would love to see more reviews of the Hy-Wood and XL Halo hybrids. Not a lot out there yet.

I have the hybrid. Anything in particular you are looking for?

How does it compare to the last version? The last version was ok, but I am hoping that the XL version is more refined.

Actually reread your article an it seems you’ve answered all of my questions ( I get an F for reading comprehension). I guess I am wondering more about ball flight et… from the course. My favorite Cleveland hybrids were the CG Black version, I wasn’t playing when the mashie was around. But these look very promising to me.

Last edited:
I demoed the 3&5 woods at Edwin Watts. Ended up walking out with both. I love the flat profile with that little extra crown for tee shots. Haven’t hit them off the grass yet. Just the simulator but the numbers and dispersion were good for me. I’m not a big hitter. Accuracy is my strength. These will be replacing my Cobra F9 Speedback 3&5. If they perform on the course.

Playing a tight track on Friday. Plenty of shots for both clubs. I’ll report back!

Last edited:
I haven't yet been able to have my 5W regripped. I should have it done next week and I will put it into play as soon as possible thereafter.

we got a ton of rain last night. With that in mind, I'm thinking of throwing this 3 wood in the bag instead of my trusty Steelhead. Just live the turf interaction and with it wet, I get the feeling these rails will help.

we got a ton of rain last night. With that in mind, I'm thinking of throwing this 3 wood in the bag instead of my trusty Steelhead. Just live the turf interaction and with it wet, I get the feeling these rails will help.

Just what we needed - more rain.

Back