Cleveland Launcher XL Halo Irons

It would be fun to have four demo sets of these for a "Launcher XL Halo round" with your pals. It would be interesting to see what type/level of player is affected the most/least from their normal set of irons.

After watching @Canadan again, and reading more info on these, I’d love to have some of these to take out for my “night golf” walks on the course. (You know, when no one would rag me about having them in the bag.)

I bet they’d be an absolute blast to play. Heck, I’ll even volunteer to test ‘em 90 days for THP.

I am wanting to try these!

Just spent about 20 minutes in the last day or two with the 7 iron and continue to think that for the steeper swinger, the rails are going to provide some pretty darn good speed. In everything I threw at this, the speed was consistent across the face and heavy, thin, etc. Impressed.

I think our video shows off a number of different things, which illustrates how far hybrid irons have come.
JB, Has Cleveland mentioned why the set wedges do not have the rails ? I thought the cobra T-Rail irons with their set wedges having the rails was a pretty neat idea. At night sometimes I lay awake missing those set wedges 😀

TXG just did a review on these a couple days ago as well. Hearing all good things. I am thinking about picking up a 4 iron, that is where I could use more consistency and have been looking at different hybrid options. $114 bucks is not bad.

It’s hard to watch that TXG review and not realize how good this set would be for so many players. It amazes me how many won’t consider them because of “ego” especially since shooting better scores should help their ego a lot more than having a “cool bag.”
Just an aside, I wonder how happy Titleist is with this video? As much as the boys talked up the T300’s, the Halo’s blew them away in every category.
These two sets we’re my top choices a month ago, and I went with the Halos. So far I’m very happy with my choice.

It’s hard to watch that TXG review and not realize how good this set would be for so many players. It amazes me how many won’t consider them because of “ego” especially since shooting better scores should help their ego a lot more than having a “cool bag.”
Just an aside, I wonder how happy Titleist is with this video? As much as the boys talked up the T300’s, the Halo’s blew them away in every category.
These two sets we’re my top choices a month ago, and I went with the Halos. So far I’m very happy with my choice.

If my local shop ever gets these in I will give them a shot. I'm pretty happy with my Cobra OL set, but these are definitely intriguing for a high handicapper like myself.

Hey SC LEFTY, Have you played with them yet? Just ordered my set at GG and it's due for delivery in 2-3 weeks. I demo'd them at a driving range and noticed it was hot with a very high launch. Hopefully, not too high where you lose distance. But, it went very STRAIGHT!

The whole line up felt great. I particulary liked the Lite driver and 5 wood.

Last edited:
Hey SC LEFTY, Have you played with them yet? Just ordered my set at GG and it's due for delivery in 2-3 weeks. I demo'd them at a driving range and noticed it was hot with a very high launch. Hopefully, not too high where you lose distance. But, it went very STRAIGHT!

The whole line up felt great. I particulary liked the Lite driver and 5 wood.
Congratulations, I think you’re going to be very happy. What makeup did you go with? I’m 4-PW.
I’ve played 4 rounds with mine, and I love them so far. My confidence with these is off the charts right now, which is a 180* from how I felt with my prior set. I’m getting the same distance I was with my much more strongly lofted Rogue X irons, probably because these are so much easier for me to hit higher. The forgiveness is as advertised, and my scoring has been really good. *you’re going to love these for chip and pitch shots, they are so easy, it’s like cheating.*
I haven’t hit any of the woods in the Halo line yet, but I’m pondering a Halo launcher 3 hybrid. If I can get similar results with an 18* that I do with the 20* 4 iron, I might take out my 5 wood.

Congratulations, I think you’re going to be very happy. What makeup did you go with? I’m 4-PW.
I’ve played 4 rounds with mine, and I love them so far. My confidence with these is off the charts right now, which is a 180* from how I felt with my prior set. I’m getting the same distance I was with my much more strongly lofted Rogue X irons, probably because these are so much easier for me to hit higher. The forgiveness is as advertised, and my scoring has been really good. *you’re going to love these for chip and pitch shots, they are so easy, it’s like cheating.*
I haven’t hit any of the woods in the Halo line yet, but I’m pondering a Halo launcher 3 hybrid. If I can get similar results with an 18* that I do with the 20* 4 iron, I might take out my 5 wood.

Thanks! I also got the 4-PW, in store they are selling 5-D. Glad to hear this is going to be good. My chipping can use some help. I'm sure the hybrids will be good. Curious about the hywood which is labeled 3+

I have a feeling this thread might match the Altitude thread in the next few years

Ordered a 9i for grins. I suspect the Cypher shaft is a bit light but may work with the head. Don't know until you try...

When you talk about hitting them higher, how high is that? I only ask because I have played the T-Rails and found that they launch too high. I almost 60 and I have no problem gaming hybrid irons. But, I was losing distance and hitting moon shots with the short irons and wedges in the T-Rails.

I was hitting moon shots with a 7 iron. But, it felt pured. It's kind of hard to tell if there was a distance loss on a driving range.

Last edited:
Just an aside, I asked a few of you about the set HC’s, and mentioned I ordered them. It was a good move IMO.
@Carolina Golfer I recommend you do the same… very easy on and off and they eliminate just about all the chatter in my bag.
When you talk about hitting them higher, how high is that? I only ask because I have played the T-Rails and found that they launch too high. I almost 60 and I have no problem gaming hybrid irons. But, I was losing distance and hitting moon shots with the short irons and wedges in the T-Rails.
I wasn’t hitting my Rogue X irons high enough, I can tell you that. What’s too high for you might feel right for me, but I think I know what you’re talking about though with the t rails.
I had the same thing happen to me with my friend’s Altitudes when I hit a few balls years ago with them. These are nothing like that. I think it’s more a case of the ball getting up very quickly than too high with these, if that makes sense? It was a very strange “look” to me at first because of how low I was hitting the X’s.
I’ve had a few people who played previous versions tell me to avoid the set D wedge though, because that does seem to balloon for a lot of players. I can’t speak to that myself however, because I play a 50* CBX wedge in that spot.

I was hitting moon shots with a 7 iron. But, it felt pured. It's kind of yard to tell if there was a distance loss on a driving range.
Remember what I told you two weeks ago, each of the first 3 days I tested the 7, I hit it a little further. I think that was a combination of getting used to the head, and also having the confidence to go after these harder when i saw all the forgiveness they have.
Obviously, that’s since leveled off, but I’m easily getting the same yardage with the 30* halo 7 as I was with the 27* Rogue X, and maybe a couple yards more.
Probably because I’m hitting the halo higher and straighter, but I think the forgiveness has something to do with it also. I’ve gotten a few pretty good shots from some not very good swings.

Last edited:
Just an aside, I asked a few of you about the set HC’s, and mentioned I ordered them. It was a good move IMO.
@Carolina Golfer I recommend you do the same… very easy on and off and they eliminate just about all the chatter in my bag.

I wasn’t hitting my Rogue X irons high enough, I can tell you that. What’s too high for you might feel right for me, but I think I know what you’re talking about though with the t rails.
I had the same thing happen to me with my friend’s Altitudes when I hit a few balls years ago with them. These are nothing like that. I think it’s more a case of the ball getting up very quickly than too high with these, if that makes sense? It was a very strange “look” to me at first because of how low I was hitting the X’s.
I’ve had a few people who played previous versions tell me to avoid the set D wedge though, because that does seem to balloon for a lot of players. I can’t speak to that myself however, because I play a 50* CBX wedge in that spot.

Thanks. It’s more of what I would term moon shots, especially with the short irons and the PW and GW. The ball launches very high and ends up short.

Thanks. It’s more of what I would term moon shots, especially with the short irons and the PW and GW. The ball launches very high and ends up short.
Yep, I knew exactly what you were talking about.
As I said, the PW has been fine, I’d stay away from the Gap (DW) though. You will get more than enough forgiveness from a 50* CBX wedge if that’s what you need.

Wished they would have used the same shaft in both to get a true comparison.

As for the t300’s it all depends on the fit. If you are somebody who needs some help but hits the ball too high with too much spin the T300s would be a better fit. Mattie whether right or left handed always needs more spin and launch. For him the Halos worked better.
I’m the same way. Need launch and spin. The halos would likely work better for me as well.

Wished they would have used the same shaft in both to get a true comparison.

As for the t300’s it all depends on the fit. If you are somebody who needs some help but hits the ball too high with too much spin the T300s would be a better fit. Mattie whether right or left handed always needs more spin and launch. For him the Halos worked better.
I’m the same way. Need launch and spin. The halos would likely work better for me as well.
Honestly, I think they did Titleist a little dirty, lol.
the better comp would’ve been the Halos and the T400’s. I know they were showing the difference between GI irons vs SGI, but a lot of people might not realize that, and Titleist was kinda hung out to dry.
They gave the T300’s a lot of praise, but I don’t think the boys over at Acushnet are loving this video. 😉

I like the ad, it says to kiss your swing thoughts goodbye! Waiting patiently for the 4-W to arrive!

They ship quick. You should have them within two weeks from order, assuming no custom.
One thing I’ll tell you, they arent trying to outdo PXG when it comes to packaging them though. Expect a big, long plain brown box like a driver would come in, and the 7 heads bunched in two bunches with the cellophane heads wrapped in two balled up pieces of brown packing paper.
It’s not the most important thing of course but it’s definitely the cheapest packing job I’ve ever seen from an OEM with a new set of irons.
btw I told you I got the head covers, and I’m glad I did…

Per request. Next to the XL irons and these are 7 irons.

C414DB89-47DB-4EC9-8CAB-FDB8BDED12D2.jpeg

Per request. Next to the XL irons and these are 7 irons.

View attachment 9026631

Just for grins you should add a T100 for reference. Also curious on the size of the Halo compared to G425 7H. Looks like it is a bit shorter front-back.

A combo set of these would be nice. I am told today that my xl halo irons are shipping 10-7 and I ordered them on 9-3. The suspense is killing me. It's kind of weird, the Cleveland rep at the demo day said, they will ship in two weeks. I guess during Covid, everything is delayed. At least, they are not pings taking 4 months.

Back