Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

i really need to get on course with one of these, a hook is my miss so im kinda scared ill be hooking the mashie every time

Heck, Ole Gray is the biggest hooker I know and he hits the Mashie great. He just sets up with his aim a little right and it draws in as pretty as a picture. He was very surprised that he can control it as well as he does.

TC - you asked if there was one thing you would change about the Mashie, what would it be. The only thing I can think of is the white lettering on the bottom of the clubhead. What were they thinking? It's a pain to keep clean.

Last edited:
Heck, Ole Gray is the biggest hooker I know and he hits the Mashie great. He just sets up with his aim a little right and it draws in as pretty as a picture. He was very surprised that he can control it as well as he does.

Gotta pay for clubs somehow right Kelly? LOL

TC - you asked if there was one thing you would change about the Mashie, what would it be. The only thing I can think of it the white lettering on the bottom of the clubhead. What were they thinking? It's a pain to keep clean.

I can fix that problem for you.

This is not the greatest post in the world, this is just a tribute.

Thats good to know, im also kinda worried about the lightweight and small grip, i like my clubs to be a little heavier than normal and i use a Midsize NDMC grip since i have big hands.

Thats good to know, im also kinda worried about the lightweight and small grip, i like my clubs to be a little heavier than normal and i use a Midsize NDMC grip since i have big hands.

Well if you were considering it, I put midsize winn lites on mine and they feel great, and if you have a smooth swing then the shafts will work great for you, if not you can always get the 83 gram version.

i really need to get on course with one of these, a hook is my miss so im kinda scared ill be hooking the mashie every time

Well if you were considering it, I put midsize winn lites on mine and they feel great, and if you have a smooth swing then the shafts will work great for you, if not you can always get the 83 gram version.

I have the M4 in the 83 and even with that the hooks come out when I get quick on the swing. Smooth tempo does work out (not slow). My one complaint I have is that it feels like a toothpick with the stock grip. I don't have the biggest hands and standard grip size is what I normally have and this grip feels unusually skinny. I'm hoping if I stick the Winn Lite Firm on it, with its rigid core, it'll feel more stout.

Yep, but at 60 his income is not quite the same as it used to be. :D

Haha, my wife now thinks I'm crazy for laughing at the laptop screen again! :laughing:

Went to try the Mashie for the first time after work today. And damn. I understand what the fuss is all about. You simply cant go wrong with that club!

Really enjoyed Mashie time again today. Hit a few stinkers with it, but nothing that was the club's fault. Actually hit it too far once, which was quite a surprise. I did nail the green from 185 with the M4 today. Just a beautiful shot that hit and rolled around 10 feet. Pretty amazing that it stopped so fast since the greens were literally frozen less than 1/2 inch below the grass and very fast.

I tried the M2 at Golfsmith today using their Vector launch monitor and I was pleased with the performance of the Mashie. I bag the 4h Cobra Baffler Rail, which I love, but the feel of the Mashie is so different and better imo. The only confusing part was the distance I was seeing on the monitor. My numbers were either equal or a little less than my 4h and I was hitting the M2.
I am interested in trying this on the range, the feel at impact and how easy it swings can't be argued from my experience

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

M2 is now the truth, I was struggling with it at first but after a lesson the other day and my commenting to the pro that I was having trouble hitting it, he had me take 3 swings with my M3, which were all hit great, and then 3 swings with the M2 which were all mediocre to bad. He then just said, I'm arm swinging with the M2 and coming over the top, cause I'm trying to get too much distance out of it. I just started swinging smoothly and hitting the ball with my core and I'm seeing exactly what I'm looking for, about 220 carry with the great Mashie ball flight.

I am happy to hear this. I am struggling with my M2 from time to time. The M4 is my favorite club. I will put in more range time to see if I can be as consistence with the M2 as I am with the M4. I am thinking about the M3....

I played so bad today I kept fatting the Mashie's. Probably the worst Ive hit the Mashie ever.

I played so bad today I kept fatting the Mashie's. Probably the worst Ive hit the Mashie ever.

Kevin, that's called golf and we all have those days.

So will you be putting the Mashie's up on Ebay now? hehehehe

I hope not! I hope you still have Mashie Love!

No way! I actually have kept all three in the bag. My swing is another story though

I hit a few of those yesterday too. That's when I re-named the club to a Mushie

I went out today for a quick nine. The course was in terrible shape. I don't know if the soaked fairways or freshly aerated greens were worse. I ended up using both Mashies a several of times. Since I was the only one on the course I played two balls the whole nine too. I will give you the run down of each ball.

1st Hole, Par 4- I didn't take time to go to the range before I played. I decided to hit one old range ball off the tee for practice and then go "serious" after that. I used the M1 off the tee, since I was lying up in front of some water that was 240 out. The range ball had a nice hook off the tee. After hooking my warm up shot off the tee, I tried to clam down my "serious" shot and just put it down the middle. I ended up hitting a short shot to the right of the fairway. I didn’t hit a 2nd ball from the tee. My next shot was about 200yds out, since I hit my first one about 50 yds short. I decided to go for it with the M3. I ended up about 10 yds short of the green. This shortness was just a foreshadowing to the day. I guess the 40* temperature really does make a difference. I chipped on and two putted for a bogey. Man I hate aerated greens.

2nd Hole, Par 5, I hit two balls of the tee. One was in the middle of the fairway and the other one went about 10 yds off the left hand side of the fairway. Not to bad with the R11. I was still about 260 yds out. I decided to use the M3 and leave myself a nice chip into the green. The first one out of the fairway was in a wet spot. This really messed up my shot. I ended up hitting just behind the ball and the wet fairway caused me to duff the shot a bit. I still hit the ball about 160 yds. That left me with 100 yds to go with the next shot. The other ball that went off the left of the fairway was in some rough. I used the M3 again for this shot. It came out clean and left me a 75 yds shot into the green. I ended up chipping on and two putting for a par. Nice.

9th hole, Par 5- I ended up hooking one of my shots off the tee into the woods. (Trying to knock the stuffing out of it.) I had to just chip out and left myself with a 240 yd shot to the green. Out came the M1 and hit a nice shot straight down the fairway. I ended up about 10 yds in front of the green. Thanks again Mashie for the save.
I had a really great day with the Mashies. I know I started off the first hole a little rough, but I accredit that to no warm-up. The M3 is still holding up great. I have had it for about 2 – 3 months now. The grip is still in great shape and the headover is holding together fine. The white on it has gotten a little dirty, but not bad at all. I might attempt washing it sometime soon.

Took my daughter to the dome to hit a few balls. The first two M3 shots she hit were rockets right into the hanging target on the back wall. Then she hooked most of the rest of the shots with both the M3 and M2. Oh, oh.

I think she needs to mess with ball placement a little and make sure she doesn't get too quick.

Kevin

Took my daughter to the dome to hit a few balls. The first two M3 shots she hit were rockets right into the hanging target on the back wall. Then she hooked most of the rest of the shots with both the M3 and M2. Oh, oh.

I think she needs to mess with ball placement a little and make sure she doesn't get too quick.

Kevin

Those are the two things with the Mashie, once you get them down, it is an awesome addition to anyone's bag.

So, I got the chance to go to a Cleveland/Srixon event this past weekend and hit the Mashie and I was blown away. I couldn't believe how solid this thing felt. Cleveland really did a great job with it, it really makes me with that I would have waited for this to come out before buying my Adams hybrid.

The club head color wasn't great, I thought I would like it but just wasn't a fan. The Miyazaki shaft that comes with the club felt great, it was the first time I had the chance to hit one and I can definitely see what all the hype is about. I think that most of what needs to be said about this club already has been, if you haven't yet, go check this thing out!

Good stuff B&G, glad you enjoyed it. I love thiese clubs....LOVE!

Kevin

Out at the Currie dome Esox? I can't wait till we get a little warmer around here, but it doesn't look like that will be anytime soon...

Back