Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

Brought my Mashie out with me for the first time to play (other than range time). I was short on time so I just quickly played 9 holes of a par 3 course near my house. The longest hole is 180 so I decided to break it out. Hit a beauty to about 10 feet from the cup with the Mashie. I absolutely cannot wait to bring it on a full course.

Thanks man. Never have I been accurate so far out than I am right now. I'd almost rather hit Mashie, Mashie than be left with a 110 yard shot :)

thats awesome, seems like just about everyone has nothing but good things to say about these!

Thats awesome Dev. Keep us posted on your round when you get out there. If it works with your swing, I don't see many hybrids that can match the Mashie's performance.

Brought my Mashie out with me for the first time to play (other than range time). I was short on time so I just quickly played 9 holes of a par 3 course near my house. The longest hole is 180 so I decided to break it out. Hit a beauty to about 10 feet from the cup with the Mashie. I absolutely cannot wait to bring it on a full course.

that's a @marcawesome shot Yoccs!

I had a few memorable shots with the Mashies this weekend but my favorite was a 200 yard shot. #18 at ASU Karten has a lot of water to the left. So naturally I push my Tee shot left and we have to use my little brothers. We end up at 198 to the flag. There is about a 10 yard cushion to the green but you cant land it short or itll probably be wet. My brother hits somewhere around the green and I the other two were duffs. Up to me but I figure what the hell, Ill attack. I nail the M3... It's looking on track. My buddy says, "That's gonna hit the flag"... Sure enough I hit the flag on the fly coming down and the balls rolls just to the back of the green. Lol. What an amazing feeling to be that accurate. For once. On purpose haha.

I had a few memorable shots with the Mashies this weekend but my favorite was a 200 yard shot. #18 at ASU Karten has a lot of water to the left. So naturally I push my Tee shot left and we have to use my little brothers. We end up at 198 to the flag. There is about a 10 yard cushion to the green but you cant land it short or itll probably be wet. My brother hits somewhere around the green and I the other two were duffs. Up to me but I figure what the hell, Ill attack. I nail the M3... It's looking on track. My buddy says, "That's gonna hit the flag"... Sure enough I hit the flag on the fly coming down and the balls rolls just to the back of the green. Lol. What an amazing feeling to be that accurate. For once. On purpose haha.

Thats sick buddy!!!! Ice in your veins bro

don't be wasting those shots now bro, we'll need them in August!

don't be wasting those shots now bro, we'll need them in August!

you kidding? He has to aim away from flags anyway. He just wanted to hit this one to prove a point!

you kidding? He has to aim away from flags anyway. He just wanted to hit this one to prove a point!

it's his way of announcing his presence with authority! @marcawesome is going to win some serious points at TMC

Lol. Dude my aim is so bad sometimes. If the Mashie had a DART like alignment aid, I'd never miss.

Lol. Dude my aim is so bad sometimes. If the Mashie had a DART like alignment aid, I'd never miss.

I have about 3 of the dart stickers. Try it. It has to work!

Lmfao. Man, still one of the funnier moments on THP. Virtual rep buddy. hahahahaha.

You know it!!! If Graeme and Westy had a Mashie... they'd be the ones winning US Open's by 32 strokes.

it's his way of announcing his presence with authority! @marcawesome is going to win some serious points at TMC

thats freaking hilarious!

Took the plunge on an M1 & M3. Got to say a big thanks to the testers on this forum. Having a great experience with the M3. The M1 isn't getting much use yet but it will. The shape on my shots has completely changed for the better. Getting 200-210 yards from the M3 and have so much confidence with it. Down from 18 to 13.8

Damn! You have almost my exact same set up now minus the driver and wedges. I guess not exact but we think alike with the irons.

Congrats on lowering the CAP!!

Took the plunge on an M1 & M3. Got to say a big thanks to the testers on this forum. Having a great experience with the M3. The M1 isn't getting much use yet but it will. The shape on my shots has completely changed for the better. Getting 200-210 yards from the M3 and have so much confidence with it. Down from 18 to 13.8

Great shot Yoccos!!! I am sure the shot was a beautiful baby draw. Way to hunt that pin!

Hahaha... dude it was nice. I wish I could've recorded it and just played it over... and over... and over... and over....

Great shot Yoccos!!! I am sure the shot was a beautiful baby draw. Way to hunt that pin!

I just got my M3 today!

Looks perfect with my black VDR grip. Thanks Blind9.

I can't wait to take this out for a test drive.

I just got my M3 today!

Looks perfect with my black VDR grip. Thanks Blind9.

I can't wait to take this out for a test drive.

keep us posted on how you do with it!

so long story short: the lightweight stiff mashies were not my friend. Way too stiff - causing flight issues. I barely got them off the ground. Leading me to all kinds of confidence issues with them to the point i removed them from my bag. It was completely my fault - i am no stiff player, ive come to accept that.

So after hitting the heavier shaft in reg flex - and seeing what ballflight should be with them. I was immediately set on ordering a new set of mashies to try. I went with the M2, M4, and M5. Ive been hitting my 5 iron well - but if i can get to hitting a consistant m5 - i think its a better longer club. I ordered them with the heavier 83g shafts - as i tend to transition too fast and a lighter shaft doesnt help that fast transition. I def need heavier shafts in my graphite clubs.

So i took them out for my first range session yesterday before work and I must say I have been missing out! The first M2 i hit was higher than any mashie ive ever hit! I was elated. I immediately grabbed another ball and striped it straight as an arrow, high again.

I hit all 3 mashies in the next 30 minutes and didnt duck hook one! (which seemed like the only thing i could do with the stiff flex mashies) I am super pumped for this weekend (club event) and 2 more weekend tourney's in July.

these may be the club i need to reach those 220 yard shots. Ive always held back in the past - bc im not accurate at that distance. But i think these mashies will be the answer to my long yardage accuracy. Can't wait to get some more practice in before work today - and gaming them sat/sun.

Weather absolutely sucks - but its worth it to get out there - they just want to be hit again and again and again.

I think my slower tempo is perfectly suited for the heavier shafts - it keeps me aware of where the club is, slows my transition down, and gets my club into a great position at impact. I am loving the heavier shaft after one session.

(( special thanks to Blind9 again for getting me into these bad boys! your help is always greatly appreciated)

so long story short: the lightweight stiff mashies were not my friend. Way too stiff - causing flight issues. I barely got them off the ground. Leading me to all kinds of confidence issues with them to the point i removed them from my bag. It was completely my fault - i am no stiff player, ive come to accept that.

So after hitting the heavier shaft in reg flex - and seeing what ballflight should be with them. I was immediately set on ordering a new set of mashies to try. I went with the M2, M4, and M5. Ive been hitting my 5 iron well - but if i can get to hitting a consistant m5 - i think its a better longer club. I ordered them with the heavier 83g shafts - as i tend to transition too fast and a lighter shaft doesnt help that fast transition. I def need heavier shafts in my graphite clubs.

So i took them out for my first range session yesterday before work and I must say I have been missing out! The first M2 i hit was higher than any mashie ive ever hit! I was elated. I immediately grabbed another ball and striped it straight as an arrow, high again.

I hit all 3 mashies in the next 30 minutes and didnt duck hook one! (which seemed like the only thing i could do with the stiff flex mashies) I am super pumped for this weekend (club event) and 2 more weekend tourney's in July.

these may be the club i need to reach those 220 yard shots. Ive always held back in the past - bc im not accurate at that distance. But i think these mashies will be the answer to my long yardage accuracy. Can't wait to get some more practice in before work today - and gaming them sat/sun.

Weather absolutely sucks - but its worth it to get out there - they just want to be hit again and again and again.

I think my slower tempo is perfectly suited for the heavier shafts - it keeps me aware of where the club is, slows my transition down, and gets my club into a great position at impact. I am loving the heavier shaft after one session.

(( special thanks to Blind9 again for getting me into these bad boys! your help is always greatly appreciated)

Great to hear CG.

Dayum CG. Glad you found a Mashie that works for you. The C Kua shaft in these is definitely worth another look and happy to hear you found one that fits you. Good luck with your club event.

glad to hear the new purchase is working out for you!

Glad to hear the heavier shafts are working for you. I was having some of the same issues that led me to looking into the 83g shaft. However, nowhere around me has any that I can hit, so I'll have to buy one sight unseen if I want to try it out... Oh well, if it doesn't work out at least I'll be able to sell it in the marketplace!

Last edited:
I also ordered an M3 with the C.Kua 83 shaft, but in stiff, sight unseen. An interesting thing to note is that you can get a midsize grip of this combination, which you can't get with the stock C.Kua 59 shaft.

Would love to test the Mashie with the heavier shaft, but can't find one to test in my area :(

Tappin' for world peace!

Back