Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

Chunkylover77

Proud JakeNation Member
Reaction score
Handicap
Just go with it. I am experiencing the exact opposite thing with my fade. Some reason I can't just accept that I am a paltry fade player now. Except that I score so much better when I play a fade.
I miss my old fade. I could control the fade a lot better than my current draw.

Tmex

Paul Casey, WINNER!
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 14.2
I learned from the best dude. DDec is a beast! These Mashies are giving me a good run as they go into hibernation. Man, what a club.

Wow that sounds like some legendary ball striking sir!

DevRickus

The Dirty Jerz
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
Took my Mashie out on the course for the first time Monday. Only had 1 mishit (I was having a bad day) but the balls I hit well were unbelievable. From a good lie in the rough from 185 out I put it to within 15 feet for a birdie putt (which I missed of course). When I hit it, I just stood there in amazement. I love this club so much.

VA. Vince

SC bound...
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN: 15.1
All I can say is wow! I hit the M2 and M3 today and now I have to now rethink the Cleveland 3wood I was after. My miss hits were still better than a miss hit with the new 3wood and were very close in distance. What a sick club!

Howzat

I'd Rather Be At The Hideaway
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Hit the M3 for the first time today. I did hook it most of the time which I was afraid of with the offset. I tried to leave the face open and that did seem to turn it into a manageable draw. The distance was very good. I seemed to hit the M3 as far as I was hitting my Z star 5 wood. I will have to spend some more time with it and see how it goes.

Question on offset. Is the offset there to help players who tend to fade/slice, or is to help get the ball in the air, or both?

keto

Reaction score
Handicap
I hit mine for the first time today (M2 & M4) and may be able to shed some light on the above question, as I'm a hacker, a slow and short hitter with a slice. I was hitting a nice draw with both clubs. So, for me, the WOW~!!@! factor was off the charts - I hit them great, about 6x with the M2 and 3-4 times with the M4.

I only had one mishit, a toe shot that still went a reasonable distance. I had excellent contact out of some reaaaallllly ugly lies, and I hit the M2 about as far as my K15 3W. I had no problem getting the M2 in the air off the fairway or out of the rough, something I had mild pre-concern about given my slow swing speed. I used it off the tee on a layup par 4 and almost put it through the layup area (it ended up at *the perfect* spot, but that wasn't what I was expecting when I teed it up). I can honestly say these clubs saved me 5 or 6 strokes today, a day when I was hitting both my driver and mid irons abysmally. Over 9 holes, I chipped and putted great (14 putts including 1 3whack) and still scored decently for me at 47.

So, for me, the Mashies appear to be a godsend and they get this hacker's ringing endorsement.

keto

Reaction score
Handicap
doubletap apologies.

TexasHacker34

SVP - Jordan Speith Fan Club
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Trending ^
Everything I hear about the mashie is amazing. I may have to order one with my next paycheck

Tap tap taparoo

MikeF

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Question on offset. Is the offset there to help players who tend to fade/slice, or is to help get the ball in the air, or both?
My take on this is that it is a help to those who fade/slice. My natural shot is a fade but with my M3 I can hit a draw very easily with it. On the other side I can also hit my natural fade with ease as well

MikeF

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Everything I hear about the mashie is amazing. I may have to order one with my next paycheck

Tap tap taparoo
I would demo one first to make sure you like it, whilst the Mashie is a great hybrid it may not be the one for you

Jaggie99

Reaction score
Handicap
I would demo one first to make sure you like it, whilst the Mashie is a great hybrid it may not be the one for you
Demo'd M3 at GS and bought it ! Crushing 210-220 with a power draw. Let the mashie"ng" begin. If I like how it plays, plan to get the M4, and M5.....M6 M7 M8
:banana:

Dr. Teeth

Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX 0.8!
I got to play my TM2 and TM4 yesterday and i got to hit it out of some crazy lies and conditions. This was one thing I was worried about playing the smaller head of the tour version, and it performed so well! I couldn't be happier with these hybrids!

Carter

Reaction score
Handicap
So whats the general consensus on the M1 as a 3 wood alternative?

Currently gaming the M3 and loving it! best club in the bag.

GrantD

Formerly Known as DMB012
Reaction score
Handicap

I use the M1 as a 3 wood alt. I love it. It beats out any 3 wood I have ever hit off the deck and in the rough. The distance is a hair bit shorter, because it doesn't roll out as much.

Tapatalk makes meetings so much fun.

Fairway2Green

The Obstacle is the Path
Reaction score
Handicap

I preferred the Z-Star 3 wood over the M1 and went with that and a M2 over the M1.

TexasHacker34

SVP - Jordan Speith Fan Club
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Trending ^
Of course. I dont plan on buying anything before I demo it anymore. It usually leads to a return and another purchase costing me $$ I dont have

MikeF

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Didn't get to use my M3 as much tonight as I did last week. 2 Tee shots on par 3's and twice from the deck.

To think I was contemplating getting rid of it, now there is no chance.

Once of the par 3's was 202 uphill and into a wind. A nice solid high flighted soft fade left me 6 ft for birdie (sadly missed)

DevRickus

The Dirty Jerz
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
My best shot of the day was the par 3 8th. I believe it was 180ish. Teed up my Mashie M4 real low and hit a beauty fade to within 10 feet. Missed the birdie putt.. Lol I love that I can literally hit it from anywhere.

Tap tap taparoo

mikedean441

6X HOF
Reaction score
Handicap

Tap tap taparoo
im thinking the same thing, but I gotta try one out first to be safe

Griff

Hey Man, Nice Shot
Reaction score
Handicap
Yes, try one first. I am warming up to them after mixed results at earlier demo days. My swing is a little on the quick side and the Mashie seems to like smooth swings. Can't argue with the results when the right swing is used.

Colt

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN: 9.7
I started working on using a bit stronger grip and changed up my swing just a tad and all of my my irons have now lost that 5 yard baby fade and have became straight to a small draw for flight path. But now would you believe it...I cannot get my Mashie to do anything but slice, slice, aanndddd slice. Haven't hit a straight Mashie in two range sessions! AAAAHHHHHH!!! I don't even see how this is possible.

Kujan

Reaction score
Handicap
Try weakening your grip. It could be that the strong grip is only good for your irons.

blugold

Autobots, roll out!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
12 or so.
I went to the range today and hit a small bucket with the M1. Amazing how much easier it is to hit with my weight on the left side and my head behind the ball. I was sliding a little too much into my contact and I was hitting everything fat.

Griff

Hey Man, Nice Shot
Reaction score
Handicap
I went to the range today and hit a small bucket with the M1. Amazing how much easier it is to hit with my weight on the left side and my head behind the ball. I was sliding a little too much into my contact and I was hitting everything fat.
Oooo I hate that slide action.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in