Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

I am on the quest for the mashie and i dont know which ones to get. Im thinking of going with the m3 and the m5. I hit my woods very well i am horrible with my long irons so i want to fill the gap between my 6I and my 5 wood. Im hopeing just the two will do good. i need from about 175 ish to 200. I am really wondering if any one knows what the m5 hits for average distances because my local course has a few long par threes and i want a dependable accurate club to use on those holes

I am on the quest for the mashie and i dont know which ones to get. Im thinking of going with the m3 and the m5. I hit my woods very well i am horrible with my long irons so i want to fill the gap between my 6I and my 5 wood. Im hopeing just the two will do good. i need from about 175 ish to 200. I am really wondering if any one knows what the m5 hits for average distances because my local course has a few long par threes and i want a dependable accurate club to use on those holes

Obviously, everyone is different but I have owned the M3 and M5. M5 was a 175 club for me and M3 was a 205 yard club. They each aligned very well with the distance that I would get out of the equivalent iron.

My M2 continues to impress me as well as the guys I play golf with. It's just super easy to hit. M4 soon to join the bag.

Obviously, everyone is different but I have owned the M3 and M5. M5 was a 175 club for me and M3 was a 205 yard club. They each aligned very well with the distance that I would get out of the equivalent iron.

i think they will be a great add to the bag. the m3 will be nice on those long par 5's and i can work the m5 around on those long 3's

i think they will be a great add to the bag. the m3 will be nice on those long par 5's and i can work the m5 around on those long 3's

They are solid clubs - no doubt. Only reason I sold the M5 was because I am testing the Nike irons and wanted to make a real commitment to them. I carried only 6 iron up for awhile and used Mashies to fill the bottom end of the iron set.

I have the M2 and M3, I can hit the M3 off a tee about 235-240 and thats flat smoking for me. The M2 is a bit further but off of a fairway lie the M3 goes anywhere from 200-215 and the M2 I would say 215-230. If I really try and go after it a serious hook comes into play, so if I take an easy swing I have a 10-15 yard draw. I really am amazed at how good the Mashie is and the ease of hitting it. I may buy the M4 and get rid of my 4 iron, thats about the only iron I have that can give me fits. I can honestly say that after buying these 2 clubs my scores have dropped. I rarely need to hit driver anymore and I am only losing 20 or so yards by hitting the Mashie off the tee. Great job Cleveland!

As much a I liked the Mashie it has been replaced as I found a club that I was hitting even better

I strongly recommend people trying the Mashie though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk because I am away from my Mac

As much a I liked the Mashie it has been replaced as I found a club that I was hitting even better

I strongly recommend people trying the Mashie though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk because I am away from my Mac

What club?

Tap tap taparoo

The Mashie is very solid but i like the Rescue 11 a lot better. I'd say the Mashie is the best hybrid for the money but if you can afford to put up a little bit more then i'd go with the Rescue 11 from Taylormade.

I have the M2 and M3, I can hit the M3 off a tee about 235-240 and thats flat smoking for me. The M2 is a bit further but off of a fairway lie the M3 goes anywhere from 200-215 and the M2 I would say 215-230. If I really try and go after it a serious hook comes into play, so if I take an easy swing I have a 10-15 yard draw. I really am amazed at how good the Mashie is and the ease of hitting it. I may buy the M4 and get rid of my 4 iron, thats about the only iron I have that can give me fits. I can honestly say that after buying these 2 clubs my scores have dropped. I rarely need to hit driver anymore and I am only losing 20 or so yards by hitting the Mashie off the tee. Great job Cleveland!

I, too, have sidelined my driver for the M2. It's absolutely awesome. I lose about 20 yrds compared to my driver but the consistancy I get with the M2 keeps it in play on the tee box.

[/B]

I, too, have sidelined my driver for the M2. It's absolutely awesome. I lose about 20 yrds compared to my driver but the consistancy I get with the M2 keeps it in play on the tee box.

When I have to be in the fairway, I hit the Mashie. I still hit driver but really only hit it 2-5 times a round. Course management and the Mashie go hand in hand.

I havent had much luck with the M1, but my neighbor is a believer

he hit the green on a par 5 from 250 with the M1

then teed it up and hit it 275 with hardly any roll, was unreal

I havent had much luck with the M1, but my neighbor is a believer

he hit the green on a par 5 from 250 with the M1

then teed it up and hit it 275 with hardly any roll, was unreal

Don't you just hate people like that? My best friend hit my 3w off of the tee the other day and his ball landed on the green, which was 320 yards away. The guys in front of us had just finished the hole and were walking to their carts. They were amazed, but having seen that all too often with him, I just shook my head.

Don't you just hate people like that? My best friend hit my 3w off of the tee the other day and his ball landed on the green, which was 320 yards away. The guys in front of us had just finished the hole and were walking to their carts. They were amazed, but having seen that all too often with him, I just shook my head.

exactly, all I could do was laugh and say nice shot

I had the m3 in both stiff and regular on the range for a few hours today. I hit it well. It felt great. The problem is I hit my Adams a3 3h just as well, it feels as good, goes as far and I don't hook it. I REALLY wanted to bag the Mashie. You guys always give such great advice and you were spot on with this club. I just can't justify shelling out the bucks, albeit not much, for a club that doesn't really give me an advantage over my current setup. I posted my best score ever yesterday (78) and never touched my 3w. The a3 is staying in the bag for now.

I had the m3 in both stiff and regular on the range for a few hours today. I hit it well. It felt great. The problem is I hit my Adams a3 3h just as well, it feels as good, goes as far and I don't hook it. I REALLY wanted to bag the Mashie. You guys always give such great advice and you were spot on with this club. I just can't justify shelling out the bucks, albeit not much, for a club that doesn't really give me an advantage over my current setup. I posted my best score ever yesterday (78) and never touched my 3w. The a3 is staying in the bag for now.

Great round! If your hitting your Adams good than no need to change and spend money.

Who has the M1 15.5? I have the M2 and hit it 220. Was thinking of getting the M1 and pulling my 3 wood and maybe M2 also.

My longest club would be my 4 iron that I hit around 185-190. Then Mashie M2, M1, then Driver. As I get better with my 4 iron that gap will close some. Or I could pull the M2 and add a lob wedge.

Who has the M1 15.5? I have the M2 and hit it 220. Was thinking of getting the M1 and pulling my 3 wood and maybe M2 also.

My longest club would be my 4 iron that I hit around 185-190. Then Mashie M2, M1, then Driver. As I get better with my 4 iron that gap will close some. Or I could pull the M2 and add a lob wedge.

There is a ton of info in this thread on the M1. Lots of people testing what you did and posting their results.

Ok. I tried to do a search narrowing it down so I didn't have to read thru all of the posts. There's so many. Anyway I wasn't so successful in my search. I am sure its been asked before and was hoping I didn't strike a nerve by asking.

I work a 24 hour shift with the FD tomorrow so I'll have all day to sift through the info. Thanks again.

I have the M1 and like others I have found it more difficult to hit than the other mashies. For now it is in a time out. Others have found the club to be great for them and are using it in the bag on a regular basis. Just depends on the person. I would say go to a local golf store and take a few swings with it and see if you like it, then base your decision on that.

Yeah. I have a GG and a few other stores down where I work at. They are closed when I get off work at 7am. May have to drive to hagerstown Md and try one at dicks. I have the m2, m4, m5 and kill all of them easily. Would hope that it would not be any worse than the m2. I have Clevelands new lightweight 3 wood in 13* and mash it off the fairway. Not sure the distance between the 1 + 2 would be worth the yards gained.

Last edited:
Yeah. I have a GG and a few other stores down where I work at. They are closed when I get off work at 7am. May have to drive to hagerstown Md and try one at dicks. I have the m2, m4, m5 and kill all of them easily. Would hope that it would not be any worse than the m2. I have Clevelands new lightweight 3 wood in 13* and mash it off the fairway. Not sure the distance between the 1 + 2 would be worth the yards gained.

Based on those two comments I would say not to worry about the M1 and stick with the 3w and the M2. I dont think you are going to see that much more distance from the M1 vs the M2, maybe 5-10 yards and if you already hit the 3w great, why spend the extra $$$. But that is just my opinion.

I think you are correct. My only hope was to maybe pull the 3 wood and 2 hybrid and combine them with the M1. I guess that would narrow my options.

Back