Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

Yoccos, that is testing GOLD right there. Way to go buddy. Love that you took the time to put it on a monitor.

Nice review Yoccos! Is the PGA SS pretty easy to walk in with other clubs to use their simulators or do you have to pay for time on it?

good stuff Yoccs. love the confidence with the Mashie!

Great review Yoccos! Would love to see how it compares to a Cleveland DST hybrid of comparable loft since that's what I have in my bag. I really like that club and wonder how much improvement the Mashie with the Miyazaki shaft would be. Anyone have one?

Great review Yoccos! Would love to see how it compares to a Cleveland DST hybrid of comparable loft since that's what I have in my bag. I really like that club and wonder how much improvement the Mashie with the Miyazaki shaft would be. Anyone have one?

Ill tell you what. I have both the DST and Mashie both with same exact shaft. You can try them out at the outing.

Excellent write up yoccos. How does the shaft length compare between the two? I know the super black has a longer shaft, what about the pro black?

Ill tell you what. I have both the DST and Mashie both with same exact shaft. You can try them out at the outing.

JB you know I can't wait that long! Seriously, since you have both, how much difference does that Miyazaki make over the standard shaft that came in the DST. The DST is pretty darn good now but I would imagine it's way better with that shaft.

Thanks man! I love looking at numbers. Drives me nuts but so much fun. So many different things to look at. Plus it just puts good cold hards behind everything you're doing. It's great because they give you SS, Ball Speed, Launch Angle, Sidespin etc..

Yoccos, that is testing GOLD right there. Way to go buddy. Love that you took the time to put it on a monitor.

Thanks buddy! It is actually. There are a couple of options. I paid for my yearly membership (it was $99 at the time) which included unlimited practice sessions in the practice bay. Just they make you leave headcovers up front and no bags are allowed anymore. I just leave headcovers in my car. They also offer single use of the practice bay but it's a pay per use

They also have the main simluators where most people go to test clubs they want to buy. Huge screens and the same computer program as the practice bays. They differ in some ways to me. I don't get SS and the distances are off a little from the practice bay. I have been there so much though I can usually calibrate them though haha.

Nice review Yoccos! Is the PGA SS pretty easy to walk in with other clubs to use their simulators or do you have to pay for time on it?

JB you know I can't wait that long! Seriously, since you have both, how much difference does that Miyazaki make over the standard shaft that came in the DST. The DST is pretty darn good now but I would imagine it's way better with that shaft.

A HUGE difference for me. Just the feel and shot dispersion alone are worth it for me.

The DST comes with a Diamana shaft that isnt too shabby itself. Lots of people swear by them.

The DST comes with a Diamana shaft that isnt too shabby itself. Lots of people swear by them.

I believe it is a made for Diamana shaft though. I quite liked the shaft myself. I used the DST for over a year and it was good to me. But when I got the chance to put the Miyazaki C. Kua in the DST right before the last outing, I jumped at the chance. I have not looked back since.

good stuff yoccos! this is kind of what i'm seeing out of the Mashie myself, in that it's considerably long when comparing to my 18* club, which happens to be an iron. i think a lot of that has to do with the ball flight. it's nice to know that it will get up and carry that kind of distance. afterall, isn't that what we all seek in a hybrid? something that goes long, high and lands soft.

you've got me very excited about my round of golf today. thanks.

Appreciate bro. The Adams shaft was a Voodoo stiff and it's length (according to the website) was 40.75". The C Kua has a shaft length of 41". At address I didn't feel a difference at all.

Excellent write up yoccos. How does the shaft length compare between the two? I know the super black has a longer shaft, what about the pro black?

KB! I tried JB's club at the last outing. I don't know about numbers but the feel was a lot different to me. I like the DST's a lot. The Mashie just felt more solid and I hit better shots with it (eye ballin haha). I made sure to pay close attention to the two at the outing and was one of the comparisons I remember most.

Its great! Such an awesome confidence club to have.

good stuff Yoccs. love the confidence with the Mashie!

yoccos makes a good point about the feel of the Mashie in that it feels solid, and i would agree. it definitely offers a unique sound at impact and solid may be the perfect word to describe it. it's really hard to explain, you just need to find out for yourself when you can, but i've come to really like it.

TC - If you are able, can you drop a few balls in the deep rough and take some shots with the Mashie to see how it compares (for you) to your previous hybrid and your irons?

TC - If you are able, can you drop a few balls in the deep rough and take some shots with the Mashie to see how it compares (for you) to your previous hybrid and your irons?

i don't think i'll have to drop a few in there buddy, this course is a tight one and one i'm familiar with the rough on, haha. it's bermuda grass rough so the ball will sit down in it, should be a good indicator. fwiw, i rarely would hit hybrids out of rough much in the past, i preferred using irons for that but i'll be sure to use the Mashie bro.

in fact, i've already thought about my round and i believe i'll be able to use the Mashie a ton today.

Agree with you 100% TC! I had some serious carry on the course with I don't think is always captured in a simulator. Landed a good one from over 205 out onto a green and it didn't go more than a yard and half past the landing point. It's just accurate as can be with a real good distance. The ball flight and feel is just incredible to me. High but piercing.

I'm excited to see what it brings for you on the course today man.

good stuff yoccos! this is kind of what i'm seeing out of the Mashie myself, in that it's considerably long when comparing to my 18* club, which happens to be an iron. i think a lot of that has to do with the ball flight. it's nice to know that it will get up and carry that kind of distance. afterall, isn't that what we all seek in a hybrid? something that goes long, high and lands soft.

you've got me very excited about my round of golf today. thanks.

i don't think i'll have to drop a few in there buddy, this course is a tight one and one i'm familiar with the rough on, haha. it's bermuda grass rough so the ball will sit down in it, should be a good indicator. fwiw, i rarely would hit hybrids out of rough much in the past, i preferred using irons for that but i'll be sure to use the Mashie bro.

in fact, i've already thought about my round and i believe i'll be able to use the Mashie a ton today.

Yea, try it out. I found that a steep swing down on the ball worked awesome in deep rough. Before I tested the Mashie, I didn't really understand why people would hit a hybrid out of the rough (except when it was perched on top).

I believe it is a made for Diamana shaft though. I quite liked the shaft myself. I used the DST for over a year and it was good to me. But when I got the chance to put the Miyazaki C. Kua in the DST right before the last outing, I jumped at the chance. I have not looked back since.

Ive hit the DST quite a bit too and Ive hit your DST with the C. Kua in it. I agree with what you said earlier, huge difference in feel. And I agree the Diamana isnt a bad shaft but I was quite surprised how much better your DST felt with the Miyazaki shaft in it.

I think the Mashie has more going for it then the shaft though. Something just really works about that club. Maybe its the new head along with the shaft but its just a solid club that was love at first swing for me.

Ive hit the DST quite a bit too and Ive hit your DST with the C. Kua in it. I agree with what you said earlier, huge difference in feel. And I agree the Diamana isnt a bad shaft but I was quite surprised how much better your DST felt with the Miyazaki shaft in it.

I think the Mashie has more going for it then the shaft though. Something just really works about that club. Maybe its the new head along with the shaft but its just a solid club that was love at first swing for me.

glide rails baby!

glide rails baby!

Yeah but so does the Cobra Baffler Rail Hybrid. It even has it in the name lol.

Yeah but so does the Cobra Baffler Rail Hybrid. It even has it in the name lol.

but it doesn't come equiped with a miyazaki and it can't touch the Mashie in the looks department. the sheer fact that this hybrid comes with the tech packed in to it should put it on anyone's radar. not only is it good tech, it flat out works.

I can't see a better value and I don't even know the final price. High end shaft, high end club head and you don't have to pay extra for either. That's a HUGE plus. Making the good stuff more accessable to everyone is a good thing.

but it doesn't come equiped with a miyazaki and it can't touch the Mashie in the looks department. the sheer fact that this hybrid comes with the tech packed in to it should put it on anyone's radar. not only is it good tech, it flat out works.

So youre saying the results are much different even though the two both have rails? I would agree with you. And you know that. Motore vs Miyazaki shaft. No contest. Plus I think the Mashie head is on the juice.

I can't see a better value and I don't even know the final price. High end shaft, high end club head and you don't have to pay extra for either. That's a HUGE plus. Making the good stuff more accessable to everyone is a good thing.

spot on!!! incredible value for a club that just delivers.

So youre saying the results are much different even though the two both have rails? I would agree with you. And you know that. Motore vs Miyazaki shaft. No contest. Plus I think the Mashie head is on the juice.

yep, the only thing they have in common are rails. mashie ftw!

Back