Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

I also ordered an M3 with the C.Kua 83 shaft, but in stiff, sight unseen. An interesting thing to note is that you can get a midsize grip of this combination, which you can't get with the stock C.Kua 59 shaft.

Man - now I may have to go get another one. The only thing I would change about my M1 is putting a midsize grip on it. Thanks for the info!

I also ordered an M3 with the C.Kua 83 shaft, but in stiff, sight unseen. An interesting thing to note is that you can get a midsize grip of this combination, which you can't get with the stock C.Kua 59 shaft.

So I can't put a midsize grip on the 59? Just curious as I'm planning on regripping once I settle on one...

So I can't put a midsize grip on the 59? Just curious as I'm planning on regripping once I settle on one...

If you go to the shop on Cleveland's website you can customize the club there. On the 59 there is no option for a custom grip. On the 83 shaft there are tons of options. Not sure if that means it cannot be done at all.

If you do it yourself you should be able to.

Would love to test the Mashie with the heavier shaft, but can't find one to test in my area :(

Tappin' for world peace!

Talk to Patty or Dennis at Blind9 ( link at top of the page) they will help you find it!!

Talk to Patty or Dennis at Blind9 ( link at top of the page) they will help you find it!!

Ty for the info, the problem is I live in Sweden. So not sure if they can help me with that :p

Tappin' for world peace!

Birdied 2 par 5's today using Mashies.

On the first par 5 I hit mashie #2 from the tee to lay up short of a creek. Then hit the #2 again to get over the creek and down the fairway. On my 3rd shot I had 175 yards up hill to the hole. Used the #3 mashie and hit to 6 feet of the hole. Made the putt.

On the second par 5 I hit the #3 mashie off the tee to stick it in the fairway short of the bunker and the dog leg left. From there I hit the #2 mashie well down the fairway. Used my #8 iron on my 3rd shot from 130 yards and placed it 8 feet from the cup. Made the putt.

The mashies are great clubs. I benefit from the offset. Can hit these puppies like irons. Just put the club down and let it go.

So I came home from work hoping that by some miracle my Heavy Driver was going to be waiting for me, no such luck. BUT.... There was this! The Tour Mashies I ordered from Blind9golf arrived today! YES! I can't thank Dennis and Patty enough. The tour Mashie heads were back ordered, so they contacted the tour van and they made my clubs custom on the tour van and shipped them to me. They look fantastic and They were able to get my favorite grips on them. I will say the Tours look pretty funny to me..

18157961-ee88-f615.jpg

18157961-ef07-9fe9.jpg

Last edited:
So I came home from work hoping that by some miracle my Heavy Driver was going to be waiting for me, no such luck. BUT.... There was this! The Tour Mashies I ordered from Blind9golf arrived today! YES! I can't thank Dennis and Patty enough. The tour Mashie heads were back ordered, so they contacted the tour van and they made my clubs custom on the tour van and shipped them to me. They look fantastic and They were able to get my favorite grips on them. I will say the Tours look pretty funny to me..

18157961-ee88-f615.jpg

18157961-ef07-9fe9.jpg

Nice! Those heads are a little smaller. Let us know how they work out!

tap tap tap...

Nice! Those heads are a little smaller. Let us know how they work out!

tap tap tap...

Yeah, they look even smaller in person.

Very interested in how these work out for you. I think I want to go with the tour version but I am not sure. What lofts did you get? How did you decide on the tour's vs. the regular mashie? Sorry if you have answered these questions before just tell me to go back and look. Thanks.

18157961-ee88-f615.jpg

18157961-ef07-9fe9.jpg

thats awesome, tough to beat that kind of service!

I got out to play last night. M1 = fairway finder.

Very interested in how these work out for you. I think I want to go with the tour version but I am not sure. What lofts did you get? How did you decide on the tour's vs. the regular mashie? Sorry if you have answered these questions before just tell me to go back and look. Thanks.

I posted it before but no worries. My reasoning for getting these was two fold. First off, I currently have both the M1 and M3 and am a fan. But I recently decided that I was taking my 4 iron out of the bag. So I now had a gap between my 5 iron and my 3 hybrid. Next my one complaint about the Mashie is the shaft is sooo light. I works amazingly well, but I have to change up my entire swing to hit the club. So I decided that I was going to order the regular Mashie with the heavier shaft, as long as I was able to find a heavier shaft to test out. I found an Tour M2 at my local store in stiff and they had one in X Stiff so this was perfect. I have x stiff in all of my clubs except the Mashie and I expected to like the x stiff shaft. Nope. Way too stiff! But the TM2 with the stiff shaft I was just hitting so well, in fact I was more accurate with it than I was with the regular Mashie. I went back a second time and same results. So I decided to go ahead and get the TM2 and TM4 and fill the gaps better at the top end of my bag. Blind9golf was awesome and their prices just can't be beat. They got mine ordered and then they had to get it made by the Tour Van just so I didn't have to wait too long. They are fantastic to work with. So anyways, that was my rational. The TM4 is 23* and the TM2 is 18*. My only concern with the smaller head is that I love the versatility of the regular Mashie and love how it performs ou of the rough. I hope to have the same type of performance out of the Tour model. I will keep you posted.

Great looking sticks Doc!

18157961-ee88-f615.jpg

18157961-ef07-9fe9.jpg

Hell yes dude. I love mowing down par 5's with the M1. I'm starting to feel separation anxiety with the new gear on the horizon. The Mashies and I are having a good last go around. We don't know when it will end but we are enjoying the ride.

I got out to play last night. M1 = fairway finder.

I posted it before but no worries. My reasoning for getting these was two fold. First off, I currently have both the M1 and M3 and am a fan. But I recently decided that I was taking my 4 iron out of the bag. So I now had a gap between my 5 iron and my 3 hybrid. Next my one complaint about the Mashie is the shaft is sooo light. I works amazingly well, but I have to change up my entire swing to hit the club. So I decided that I was going to order the regular Mashie with the heavier shaft, as long as I was able to find a heavier shaft to test out. I found an Tour M2 at my local store in stiff and they had one in X Stiff so this was perfect. I have x stiff in all of my clubs except the Mashie and I expected to like the x stiff shaft. Nope. Way too stiff! But the TM2 with the stiff shaft I was just hitting so well, in fact I was more accurate with it than I was with the regular Mashie. I went back a second time and same results. So I decided to go ahead and get the TM2 and TM4 and fill the gaps better at the top end of my bag. Blind9golf was awesome and their prices just can't be beat. They got mine ordered and then they had to get it made by the Tour Van just so I didn't have to wait too long. They are fantastic to work with. So anyways, that was my rational. The TM4 is 23* and the TM2 is 18*. My only concern with the smaller head is that I love the versatility of the regular Mashie and love how it performs ou of the rough. I hope to have the same type of performance out of the Tour model. I will keep you posted.

I appreciate the info and will stay tuned for more. Thanks.

Hell yes dude. I love mowing down par 5's with the M1. I'm starting to feel separation anxiety with the new gear on the horizon. The Mashies and I are having a good last go around. We don't know when it will end but we are enjoying the ride.

man I gotta stop messing around and try this out

Yeah I used it off of the tee for both of the par 5s I played yesterday and two par 4. I only missed one of those fairways and that was with a baby draw. I was really happy with how easy it was to swing. But even better for me, since the M1 has taken the place of my 4wood, is that I don't feel scared by the smaller club head at address. I haven't hit the M1 from the fairway, but from the tee, I really like it so far.

I demoed the 18* today to fill the gap between my 3 wood and 4 iron. It was soooo easy to hit. It was straight and consistent even when my swing wasn't.

This is definitely going in the bag soon.

glad to see you had some nice results with it, enjoy the pickup in the future!

Have my M2 (had to be special ordered, Golf Town in Canada where 25% of the golfers are lefty doesn't carry the M2 LH as stock /rolleyes) and M4 in the bag now. It's killing me to not get out and hit them but I'm trying to let the pulled muscle in my back heal as much as possible before I just can't stand it any more and go reinjure it swinging the sticks :beat-up: 4 weeks this weekend in prime time, when I had been rolling along great - lots of range sessions and some lessons...hoping I don't have to start all over.

I went to the driving range really early this morning to test out my new Tour Mashies and... I am in love!!! These performed exactly as they did when I tested them before. I was seeing a consistent high fade, which is the shot shape I was wanting. Plus, the shaft just felt perfect for my swing. This was the main complaint about My regular Mashie, the shaft was so light I felt like I had to change my swing in order to get it to fly right. Inhavent been able to hit it put of the rough yet which is the big question mark I have with the smaller head. But day one and I am super happy with the results!

Glad to hear they are working out as you had hoped.

ugh -

I played 18 today and shot well, until my pain medication wore off. I need to get to a driving range to get a better idea how well I'm hitting the M1. I like how comfortable I feel with it, while on the tee. I just need to see if I'm getting the distance out of it.

Back