Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

Just go with it. I am experiencing the exact opposite thing with my fade. Some reason I can't just accept that I am a paltry fade player now. Except that I score so much better when I play a fade.

I miss my old fade. I could control the fade a lot better than my current draw.

I learned from the best dude. DDec is a beast! These Mashies are giving me a good run as they go into hibernation. Man, what a club.

Wow that sounds like some legendary ball striking sir!

Took my Mashie out on the course for the first time Monday. Only had 1 mishit (I was having a bad day) but the balls I hit well were unbelievable. From a good lie in the rough from 185 out I put it to within 15 feet for a birdie putt (which I missed of course). When I hit it, I just stood there in amazement. I love this club so much.

All I can say is wow! I hit the M2 and M3 today and now I have to now rethink the Cleveland 3wood I was after. My miss hits were still better than a miss hit with the new 3wood and were very close in distance. What a sick club!

Hit the M3 for the first time today. I did hook it most of the time which I was afraid of with the offset. I tried to leave the face open and that did seem to turn it into a manageable draw. The distance was very good. I seemed to hit the M3 as far as I was hitting my Z star 5 wood. I will have to spend some more time with it and see how it goes.

Question on offset. Is the offset there to help players who tend to fade/slice, or is to help get the ball in the air, or both?

I hit mine for the first time today (M2 & M4) and may be able to shed some light on the above question, as I'm a hacker, a slow and short hitter with a slice. I was hitting a nice draw with both clubs. So, for me, the WOW~!!@! factor was off the charts - I hit them great, about 6x with the M2 and 3-4 times with the M4.

I only had one mishit, a toe shot that still went a reasonable distance. I had excellent contact out of some reaaaallllly ugly lies, and I hit the M2 about as far as my K15 3W. I had no problem getting the M2 in the air off the fairway or out of the rough, something I had mild pre-concern about given my slow swing speed. I used it off the tee on a layup par 4 and almost put it through the layup area (it ended up at *the perfect* spot, but that wasn't what I was expecting when I teed it up). I can honestly say these clubs saved me 5 or 6 strokes today, a day when I was hitting both my driver and mid irons abysmally. Over 9 holes, I chipped and putted great (14 putts including 1 3whack) and still scored decently for me at 47.

So, for me, the Mashies appear to be a godsend and they get this hacker's ringing endorsement.

doubletap apologies.

Everything I hear about the mashie is amazing. I may have to order one with my next paycheck

Tap tap taparoo

Question on offset. Is the offset there to help players who tend to fade/slice, or is to help get the ball in the air, or both?

My take on this is that it is a help to those who fade/slice. My natural shot is a fade but with my M3 I can hit a draw very easily with it. On the other side I can also hit my natural fade with ease as well

Everything I hear about the mashie is amazing. I may have to order one with my next paycheck

Tap tap taparoo

I would demo one first to make sure you like it, whilst the Mashie is a great hybrid it may not be the one for you

I would demo one first to make sure you like it, whilst the Mashie is a great hybrid it may not be the one for you

Demo'd M3 at GS and bought it ! Crushing 210-220 with a power draw. Let the mashie"ng" begin. If I like how it plays, plan to get the M4, and M5.....M6 M7 M8
:banana:

I got to play my TM2 and TM4 yesterday and i got to hit it out of some crazy lies and conditions. This was one thing I was worried about playing the smaller head of the tour version, and it performed so well! I couldn't be happier with these hybrids!

So whats the general consensus on the M1 as a 3 wood alternative?

Currently gaming the M3 and loving it! best club in the bag.

I use the M1 as a 3 wood alt. I love it. It beats out any 3 wood I have ever hit off the deck and in the rough. The distance is a hair bit shorter, because it doesn't roll out as much.

Tapatalk makes meetings so much fun.

I preferred the Z-Star 3 wood over the M1 and went with that and a M2 over the M1.

Of course. I dont plan on buying anything before I demo it anymore. It usually leads to a return and another purchase costing me $$ I dont have

Didn't get to use my M3 as much tonight as I did last week. 2 Tee shots on par 3's and twice from the deck.

To think I was contemplating getting rid of it, now there is no chance.

Once of the par 3's was 202 uphill and into a wind. A nice solid high flighted soft fade left me 6 ft for birdie (sadly missed)

My best shot of the day was the par 3 8th. I believe it was 180ish. Teed up my Mashie M4 real low and hit a beauty fade to within 10 feet. Missed the birdie putt.. Lol I love that I can literally hit it from anywhere.

Tap tap taparoo

Tap tap taparoo

im thinking the same thing, but I gotta try one out first to be safe

Yes, try one first. I am warming up to them after mixed results at earlier demo days. My swing is a little on the quick side and the Mashie seems to like smooth swings. Can't argue with the results when the right swing is used.

I started working on using a bit stronger grip and changed up my swing just a tad and all of my my irons have now lost that 5 yard baby fade and have became straight to a small draw for flight path. But now would you believe it...I cannot get my Mashie to do anything but slice, slice, aanndddd slice. Haven't hit a straight Mashie in two range sessions! AAAAHHHHHH!!! I don't even see how this is possible.

Try weakening your grip. It could be that the strong grip is only good for your irons.

I went to the range today and hit a small bucket with the M1. Amazing how much easier it is to hit with my weight on the left side and my head behind the ball. I was sliding a little too much into my contact and I was hitting everything fat.

I went to the range today and hit a small bucket with the M1. Amazing how much easier it is to hit with my weight on the left side and my head behind the ball. I was sliding a little too much into my contact and I was hitting everything fat.

Oooo I hate that slide action.

Back