Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

My friend keeps stealing my Mashie every time we play. She hit my M5 today and hit it beautifully to land right onto the green. She just giggled and said she was definitely going to order one.

Went to the range today and still couldn't believe how much fun this club is to hit. I've had my M2 for about 4 months now and I've done things with it I've never been able to do before. Have hit a very long par3 that I've never been able to stick till now, and have got on another very long par5 in two. It's the most satisfying club to hit. It just has this solid feel and nice THWACK sound that just makes me feel like a giggly school boy. Best addition I've made to my bag in a long time. Now I'm eyeing the Cleveland FL 3wood.

Spent about 2 hours today and 1hour last friday with the M3 and a trackman. By some reason i cant hit it straight. The best i can accomplishe is a draw. Beside that i hook the club like a true master.... I tried both the regular and the stiff shafts but couldnt figure it out. Think it might be the offset.

So after this i have almost given up on bying a Mashie. At the end of my session today i picked up a 21* Titleist 910H and was hitting them straight. Also tried the Rescue 2011 again and i hit that also much straighter than the Mashie. The only thing is i dont have as good carry with the Titleist and TM club as the Mashie. If i only could get the Mashie straight.... :golf2:

Last edited:
I think ball position plays a very important part with the shape of shot you hit with a Mashie

I think ball position plays a very important part with the shape of shot you hit with a Mashie

hm. how foolish of me not to try to change the ball position lol:banghead: might have to go head to head with that trackman again next week.
Might have to move the ball forward in my stance more to the left foot and not keep it in the middle between my feet as i do with my irons and my current 18*hybrid.

And i use the trackman since i dont have the ability to try the Mashie on course or range at the moment.

I play mine up at the left foot, like a 3w and can hit it both ways relatively easily

will give it another shot and try it with that kind of ball position.

You may also want to see if you can get your hands on either a Tour Mashie or a Regular Mashie with the 83g shaft. That did the trick for me. I couldnt quite seem to hit may Mashie as consistently as I would like, but once I tried it with the heavier shaft, it was perfect!!! The only problem is they are hard to find.

after much effort working with the M1, it just isn't for me. I cannot hit it off of the deck. I don't feel like the lie angle is correct. I don't know. I put the 4 wood back in the bag.

You may also want to see if you can get your hands on either a Tour Mashie or a Regular Mashie with the 83g shaft. That did the trick for me. I couldnt quite seem to hit may Mashie as consistently as I would like, but once I tried it with the heavier shaft, it was perfect!!! The only problem is they are hard to find.

I've found one place where i can order the regular Mashie with an 83g shaft online, but havn't found or heard of a place with it for me to try. And i kind of want to try it before i order :/ Cant afford some serious OEMing :p

I've found one place where i can order the regular Mashie with an 83g shaft online, but havn't found or heard of a place with it for me to try. And i kind of want to try it before i order :/

That is the way it should be! It is a gamble to buy something without trying it first. It usually ends in regret and lost money, both of which are no good!

That is the way it should be! It is a gamble to buy something without trying it first. It usually ends in regret and lost money, both of which are no good!

Well, i guess i have to contact a Cleveland rep here in Sweden and see if it could be arranged.

True Story.

I just wanted to let you all know that after the last month and a half, I have finally read the entire Mashie thread! And just like the junky I fear I'm about to become, I headed down to Golfland Warehouse and hit a Stiff and Regular M3. They didn't have the launch monitor on and I was wearing a tie and no glove, but just from the feeling off the club face I am even more intrigued (if that's possible after 6 weeks of reading glowing reviews!). I'm really feeling that a M2 and M4 might fit right in my bag.

Fortunately GW has a demo program where you pay $10 and get to demo the club for 3 days. If you return it in time, that $10 goes to a store credit. Looks like I will get some range time to determine if I want S or R shafts, but I'm bummed they just have the M3. Do you guys think I should seek out the specific clubs I want before dropping the coin? I also need to make sure there will be a gap between my 4i and the M4. Ever since my first swing with my 4i (I snapped it in half at the hosel)we have disagreed, perhaps it will be replaced.

Thanks to all that have contributed and made this thread such a good read!

hit my m1 on a par 4 yesterday that was playing 368 yards. It was 245 to the water and I hit that thing right to the edge. The best part is that it didnt take much of a swing ot get it there.

hit my m1 on a par 4 yesterday that was playing 368 yards. It was 245 to the water and I hit that thing right to the edge. The best part is that it didnt take much of a swing ot get it there.

glad you are still liking that M1. At times I miss her, but then I hit my DXI 3 wood and all is better again. Did you end up changing the grip on it?

I was offered a Mashie M2Tour today for $50. Am I an idiot if I don't take him up on this offer? Seems like an amazing price.

I was offered a Mashie M2Tour today for $50. Am I an idiot if I don't take him up on this offer? Seems like an amazing price.

Depends if you like them or not really

glad you are still liking that M1. At times I miss her, but then I hit my DXI 3 wood and all is better again. Did you end up changing the grip on it?

Nope, same grip. I like it actually.

Depends if you like them or not really

I've never hit the Tour so I don't know if I like it or not, but I should need the heavier shaft.

Go for it then, can always sell it on if you don't like it

Buy it, if you do not like it sell and make a profit. But I think you will like it, love mine.

I would be all over that price.

Good Night, that is some nice yardage. I'm playing an M2 and still in the market for a 3wood, but maybe I could also go M1 instead. What keeps me from getting an M1 is the sneaking suspicion that I may still get a few more precious yards from the 3wood. And just because you can hit 245yrds with it doesn't mean I can. Still considering it though.

I'm playing an M2 and still in the market for a 3wood, but maybe I could also go M1 instead. What keeps me from getting an M1 is the sneaking suspicion that I may still get a few more precious yards from the 3wood.

That was what I was contemplating too, in the end I decided to go the 3w route.

Back