Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

With every round I play I fall more and more in love with my M4. I literally hit it from every situation and get the distance and loft I want every time. I am going to get an M3 shortly as well. I wish they made M3-M9..lol I want a bag full of Mashies!

Tap tap taparoo

That was what I was contemplating too, in the end I decided to go the 3w route.

What 3W did you end up getting? I am in the same predicament.

Tap tap taparoo

Taylormade R11

You had to go get all expensive on me eh? Lol I hit the TM SF 2.0 3W last night and did not like it at all. I am looking at the Cleveland and the Nike Vr Pro. Cant seem to find any around here to test out. Shocking!

Tap tap taparoo

I have to say I love the Mashie M3! By far the easiest hybrid I have hit and it goes long. What a great club! Guess I am going to drop some more cash and get the M2. If any of you have the chance to hit/demo one do it. Its a almost guarantee your going to spend some cash.

Spent a bunch of time on the range today with the M3. It is longer and more accurate than my Srixon 18* 5-wood and will be opening another spot in my bag. It seems like my best shots came when I slowed down the tempo and let the club do the work. If my grip was too strong or the tempo got to fast I would hook one now and again. I actually got a fade or too when I tried to cut the ball. Nice to see I can work it a little if I had too. It's amazing how this club gets the ball in the air so quick and then goes forever.

These reviews were great but i just had to go with the Taylormade Rescue 11. I couldn't resist and felt i got a pretty good deal on it.

Hey guys. I'm ready to ditch the 3 wood and Adams a3 3i hybrid and go for an M1/M3 combo between my driver and 4i. The problem is that I keep getting outbid on eBay :( Seems there are way more stiff flex available than regular. I don't really know what my swing speed is... but I play uniflex for my irons (x22) and stiff flex for my driver (r9). You think I'll be ok with a stiff flex M1/M3? It scares me a bit because everyone keeps saying that this is a tempo-driven club and that you have to swing nice and easy. If that's the case, it seems like it would make more sense to go with a regular flex. Thoughts?

Are you not able to try them before buying them?
Have you thought about contacting Patty at Blind9 and ordering from a store? They have great prices for THP members.

Hey guys. I'm ready to ditch the 3 wood and Adams a3 3i hybrid and go for an M1/M3 combo between my driver and 4i. The problem is that I keep getting outbid on eBay :( Seems there are way more stiff flex available than regular. I don't really know what my swing speed is... but I play uniflex for my irons (x22) and stiff flex for my driver (r9). You think I'll be ok with a stiff flex M1/M3? It scares me a bit because everyone keeps saying that this is a tempo-driven club and that you have to swing nice and easy. If that's the case, it seems like it would make more sense to go with a regular flex. Thoughts?

I am a stiff shaft player and tried both regular and stiff with the M3. Stiff was by far better for me but I could still hit the regular if needed. You really should go to a golf shop to hit them both. I absolutely love the Mashie, just bought the M2 yesterday to go with the M3.

Not familiar with Patty at Blind9, but if you have additional info that would be fabulous (relatively new member). I really only have a Dick's Sporting Goods that's close and they only sell the M3. I hit the regular flex M3 and loved it... was going to take a leap of faith and assume I'd love the M1 as well, but I just can't find it close to the eBay price. It was around $105... tough to beat.

blimey, theres a lot of interest for a damn hybrid.. I bet if they bought a new 2iron out there would be nowhere near as many responses!

Not familiar with Patty at Blind9, but if you have additional info that would be fabulous (relatively new member). I really only have a Dick's Sporting Goods that's close and they only sell the M3. I hit the regular flex M3 and loved it... was going to take a leap of faith and assume I'd love the M1 as well, but I just can't find it close to the eBay price. It was around $105... tough to beat.

Click on the banner at the top of the forum. Contact Blind9 and tell them you are a new member at THP and are interested in the Mashie, or send a PM to pattyblind9golf here on THP.

blimey, theres a lot of interest for a damn hybrid.. I bet if they bought a new 2iron out there would be nowhere near as many responses!

THP sent them out to people on the forum to try out. Lots of great feedback.

Click on the banner at the top of the forum. Contact Blind9 and tell them you are a new member at THP and are interested in the Mashie, or send a PM to pattyblind9golf here on THP.

Done. Thanks for the advice.

The Mashie is by far the easiest hybrid I have ever hit and it goes. I really cant say anything bad about it, its just that good to me.

The Mashie is by far the easiest hybrid I have ever hit and it goes. I really cant say anything bad about it, its just that good to me.

By far the easiest club and my favorite club I have ever owned.

hit the M1 some today, wasnt hitting it real solid, doesnt seem to be as long as my 3H, but only hit it a few times

I wish they made the M5 in LH because I am torn between the M2, M3 and a 3 or 5 wood.

Tap tap taparoo

hit the M1 some today, wasnt hitting it real solid, doesnt seem to be as long as my 3H, but only hit it a few times

The M1 has been the hardest Mashie fo rme to get used to and hit well. The M3 and M5 I have very little problems hitting.

Ok guys... the M1/M3 combo is closer to existence. Swung the M3 again at Dick's today and was measured at 95MPH SS. I'm thinking regular flex. I'm going to purchase the M1 without hitting with the assumption that it's close to the same feel as the M3. Any input is most appreciated.

Ok guys... the M1/M3 combo is closer to existence. Swung the M3 again at Dick's today and was measured at 95MPH SS. I'm thinking regular flex. I'm going to purchase the M1 without hitting with the assumption that it's close to the same feel as the M3. Any input is most appreciated.

The M3 is really easy to hit. The M1 is supposedly harder so it may be an idea to give it a demo first just in case you don't like it.

I'd think if you're swinging the M3 at 95 mph a stiff flex shaft might be better for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd think if you're swinging the M3 at 95 mph a stiff flex shaft might be better for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True. Plus we all tend to muscle up on swings more when your on the course compared to hitting in a store.

Back