First Look: Cleveland RTX ZipCore Wedges

I think a 50* would be a good add for me...

I’m just so impressed with how easy it is to hit this 100-110. My mind is blown.

I’m just so impressed with how easy it is to hit this 100-110. My mind is blown.
Same for me, but at 85 yards for my 58*. Full swings are so straight and so consistent both in direction and distance.

I have been carrying three of these for the better part of a month now and it has caused me to re-evaluate my bag a bit as I like them so much. I have gone to the AW in my irons off and on for a while, but I just love chipping and pitching around the green with the 50 degree Mid ZipCore. Low spinners that stop quickly, bump and runs that run towards the hole and everything in between.

Probably going to ride with this setup, drop the AW and continue with 56 and 62 in the others. The 56 has been fantastic out of the deep and thick stuff when necessary and using it out of the sand has been a joy. The 62 is definitely more of a when necessary type of wedge, but the course I have played the last couple of times out has some elevated greens and when missing on those holes, this wedge has been dynamic in getting up and down.

I can’t wait to actually see one of these in person.

It's nice. I think you'll like it if you are a fan of other Cleveland wedges.

These wedges are a work of art in terms of precision. Simply stated best looking wedges on the market today.

My sweet, 9 lb 8 oz baby Jesus the ZipCore got me out of some trouble yesterday. It produced 2 of my 3 quality looks at par and easily saved 2 to 3 strokes around the greens thanks to amazing turf interaction in really soggy conditions. I’m beyond excited to get the full set of these in from Cleveland.

The only thing I haven’t done is give a real test in the sand. I’m hoping the 58 Low will be just what the doctor ordered

My sweet, 9 lb 8 oz baby Jesus the ZipCore got me out of some trouble yesterday. It produced 2 of my 3 quality looks at par and easily saved 2 to 3 strokes around the greens thanks to amazing turf interaction in really soggy conditions. I’m beyond excited to get the full set of these in from Cleveland.

The only thing I haven’t done is give a real test in the sand. I’m hoping the 58 Low will be just what the doctor ordered

Im more of a wider sole in the bunker type of player, but I know so many others opt for straight loft.

Is it 8/14 yet? Ordered mine bent flat, so I'm sure they'll lag, but I'm pretty excited to get these in the bag.

I threw the RTX4s back in my bag for the weekend and it reminded me how good Cleveland feel. I have been itching to complete my bag with a set of Recoil shafted wedges that are a bit heaver that the Recoil shafted Equalizer wedges I have used for a couple months, and I think the ZipCores are going to push me to do it. I want more spin. There won't be an inexpensive way to get the wedge/shaft combo I want, but I think it's time for me to give another try at tracking down a set of Recoil Wedge Protos and pre-ordering these bad boys.

I can help make that happen, if I can see your Super Rat! :love: That is, unless you get some at the same time as me.
I decided to pull the trigger on a pre-order of the 60° Low and 56° Full, thanks to clubhouse winnings on Friday (no personalization, but I'm okay with that).

I'll make sure to order the 52° Mid through my employer gift shop when it becomes available.

I threw the RTX4s back in my bag for the weekend and it reminded me how good Cleveland feel. I have been itching to complete my bag with a set of Recoil shafted wedges that are a bit heaver that the Recoil shafted Equalizer wedges I have used for a couple months, and I think the ZipCores are going to push me to do it. I want more spin. There won't be an inexpensive way to get the wedge/shaft combo I want, but I think it's time for me to give another try at tracking down a set of Recoil Wedge Protos and pre-ordering these bad boys.
I think you will like these Dill.
While I didn’t go with Recoil wedge shafts, I am using graphite and love the balance.

I think you will like these Dill.
While I didn’t go with Recoil wedge shafts, I am using graphite and love the balance.
I was a 52/56/60 guy but then I played your 50/54/60 set and now I am second guessing. Part of me wants to try the 62 you have been loving, but I’m not sure my wedge game is at that level yet.

idk if i can wait till 8/14...especially, if rtx4 prices drop more

idk if i can wait till 8/14...especially, if rtx4 prices drop more

The good news is 8/14 is only next Friday so you're almost there... Got notification that they created a shipping label today which is basically the biggest tease a club manufacturer can throw at you once you purchase!

Im more of a wider sole in the bunker type of player, but I know so many others opt for straight loft.
Are you saying that the 58 High would be better for your game?

Are you saying that the 58 High would be better for your game?

Not necessarily. Im using the 56 mid and it has 10 degrees worth of bounce, rather than 12 on the full. Normally I would go strictly with the full, but knowing I use the 56 for a few other shots, the mid made the most sense.

Thats' a LOT of lead tape you stuck on that thing..... :ROFLMAO:

Oh, I am excited. FedEx says I will get a package tomorrow with a 60* low bounce Zipcore wedge!

If they ship to you early that is mind bending awesome.

Oh, I am excited. FedEx says I will get a package tomorrow with a 60* low bounce Zipcore wedge!

That's awesome. I'd love to get mine in hand before my round this weekend so I can get some time with them before league next week.

So I got to do some chipping with the 50 degree today and I still can't decide on if I am carrying two of these or three for the near future.
The 56 and 62 are perfect for my uses, but deciding on AW or 50 degree has proven problematic. Im leaning towards the ZipCore as I love the versatility around the greens.

So I got to do some chipping with the 50 degree today and I still can't decide on if I am carrying two of these or three for the near future.
The 56 and 62 are perfect for my uses, but deciding on AW or 50 degree has proven problematic. Im leaning towards the ZipCore as I love the versatility around the greens.

Nice, what shaft are you using with these? You said not Recoils but graphite?

Nice, what shaft are you using with these? You said not Recoils but graphite?

Yes, I have Kinetixx graphite in them. Although for steel, I really liked the Spinners that came stock.

Back