First Look: Cleveland RTX ZipCore Wedges

Torn between Low or Mid in a 60 - any advice?
I have usually gone "Low" with my 60*, I went that way in previous wedges, an RTX 2.0 and RTX 4. The low works incredibly well in hard bunkers, or hard-pan lies, but I went "Full" with the ZipCore, mostly just to be different from the RTX 4, which was still pretty new, and I have to say the 60* Full ZipCore is WAY more versatile. If I'm playing a course with crappy hard bunkers (a lot of them around here) where I end up in the bunkers frequently, I'll put the 60* Low RTX 4 back in the bag, otherwise the ZipCore stays in the bag because I can use it in so many more situations.

By the way, My ZipCore is a Tour Rack model, with custom S-Grind sole and rounded leading edge, compliments of THP and Cleveland Golf. :drinks:

I have been having a lot of fun with the 60° since I got it. I'm surprised on how much I like it over the 58° CBX2.

Another great round with the 58* Zipcore. Had 5 up and downs, a PB for me. This club has become a security blanket for me around the green. Grab it regardless of lie, because it doesn't matter rough or fairway, this just performs. So much fun having confidence to put it close.

The versatility of the 50 is great for me. Really enjoying this new wedge. Not a fan of the rust but it's growing on my I guess. As long as it performs it will be fine.

The versatility of the 50 is great for me. Really enjoying this new wedge. Not a fan of the rust but it's growing on my I guess. As long as it performs it will be fine.
Glad to hear you have the versatility, because that's one of the biggest strengths I've found around the green. I can hit a lot of shots from many different lies, and I can count on the club getting through the turf, if need be, and providing a consistent shot off the face.

Does anyone know where you can buy matching ferrules for zipcores? Specifically any that fit without needing to be turned?

If this is posted somewhere I apologize but does anyone have any insight on performance differences between the zipcore and zipcore full face?

If this is posted somewhere I apologize but does anyone have any insight on performance differences between the zipcore and zipcore full face?
I don’t have a full face but my understanding is that the performance is the same as the standard. Unless you like to open your face and hit flips shots.

I continue to love my 58*. Versatile out of a variety of lies. Consistent results. Just a great club that helps me around the green. I had 4 up and downs last round because of the Zipcore, which for me used to be great, but is almost the norm now.

Practiced a little short game today, and the 58* Zipcore is so good. From tight lies, deeper rough, fairway, opened up. Love the feel, consistency, and spin. I know what the ball is going to do, and have confidence to hit the shot needed.

I can’t wait to put this against the cobras, I think it’s going to be a dogfight

Last edited:
I can’t wait to put this against the cobras, I think it’s going to be a dogfight
I'm looking forward to it too, and to see who comes out on top!

Today was my first round with the 60* Full Face. Coming from a PM Grind I had to get used to the smaller head, but it delivered just as good. I had one bunker shot where I was able to spin the ball and land it a few feet from the hole. The ball plays a part here, but this wedge is legit.
I also had other bunker shots that were just as successful.

I have a problem with the lie on my Zipcore 60* low... not sure where flush on it is. I tend to miss pretty far directionally both left and right with it. I am far from the world's best golfer, but my 56* and 50* are both a lot straighter.

Used the 50° a couple times today and super versatile inside 100 yards for me. One that stood out was a shot from 62 yards that I caught just a smidge thin but the result was a shot that went in low and spinny and when it hit it hopped about 6 feet and stopped dead. Love seeing the results like that.

Used the 50° a couple times today and super versatile inside 100 yards for me.
I really want to grab a 50 to compare against the Cobra…

I use the 62 degree ZipCore as kind of a short game utility wedge due to the courses I play (mainly our club). Its good to have something that will get the ball up quickly as the greens are a bit elevated and this thing continues to shine. I have worn the grooves down pretty low after using it for over a year, so I think its time to upgrade to a new one.

I would really love to know the CG point of these compared to other wedges on the market. I'm convinced the tech in these to push the CG towards the toe benefits me after all the wedge testing I did last spring, during the bag battle I has with the Cobra Snakebite wedges this fall, and now another round of shopping to find a pair of wedges that complement the copper irons (which I decided the black zipcores fit that bill nicely).

But I would love to prove it beyond just speculating on the marketing and what has shown up through fittings and on-course testing.

In the meantime, the black wedges are inbound. I decided to go low bounce in the 58 instead of mid. One to have another option and two, side by side testing of bounce sounds fun to do.

Back