First Look: Cleveland RTX ZipCore Wedges

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Sometimes revolutionary can be familiar too. In recent years, few have put as much emphasis and effort into improving the balance and performance of their wedges than Cleveland Golf. To many on the THP community and well beyond, the RTX4 was the most complete wedge out there, so a refresh would have been more than acceptable. 

But that isn’t what Cleveland Golf does.

If you have seen the teasers that the company put up the past week, then you’ve gotten a taste of what’s coming, and believe me, this is impressive. You know what though? When you are willing to take something that’s already great all the way down to its core, literally, then it had better be. 

This is the RTX ZipCore.

1-15.jpg

Taking it to...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Admin
I have been testing these out for about a month and will have a ton of info coming up soon.

Also, stay tuned till tomorrow as we are going to have a bunch of THPers have a chance to join me in testing them.

Look promising, wish the raw were coming sooner

Great write up! Amazing product from Cleveland!

In all honesty I'm not a big fan of the looks (especially the back of the clubface), but the technology is certainly interesting. The curved grooves out on the toe are cool looking and should definitely be better than having just a smooth face out there like many other wedges. It will be interesting to read more about the performance from testers.

I'm eagerly awaiting this release! Can't wait to put my hands on these...

Awesome write up @Jman ! Excited to see what this ZipCore is all about.

Great article!!! We carry Cleveland in our shop and can’t wait to try them out and get them in the hands of our membership!!!

Nice review and a really good looking wedge.

Will be really interesting to see the spin numbers and accuracy of the reviews once out.

Nice review and a really good looking wedge.

Will be really interesting to see the spin numbers and accuracy of the reviews once out.
Just a preview/release, review to come.... :censored:

I love the looks of these wedges. The RTX4 was an all time favorite wedge. It will be very interesting to see what Cleveland comes up with here.

That's a really good review, this looks such a good wedge, bet it spins a ton.

I really like my RTX4 wedges so can't wait to see how they have improved on them with these new ZipCore wedges

A super written preview means you left the reader wanting more. Well done! I’m excited to learn how it plays. In respect to Cleveland they could have used this introduction to get a few more bucks from us at retail. The $149 mentioned for MSRP seems fair. It looks great

A super written preview means you left the reader wanting more. Well done! I’m excited to learn how it plays. In respect to Cleveland they could have used this introduction to get a few more bucks from us at retail. The $149 mentioned for MSRP seems fair. It looks great and those grooves are groovy.

Been playing the RTX-3 & 4’s going on 4 years now and big fan of Cleveland wedges. Really like the look of these new wedges and the technology looks interesting. Will have to see how they perform in testing.

Im in the market for new wedges. Will give these a look!

Look nice and the tech all sounds great. Excited to read the reviews, which will no doubt be very positive.

Bringing back some form of the "zip" groove name makes me happy. I'm more interested in what they have done to the hosel with that light filler material than I am the groove design. If already expect these to spin pretty damn well, but if this hosel area helps enhance the feel and improves control, I can't wait to see it.

Oh and I did not overlook the return of the spinner shaft! I have been waiting for this one!

DF4D8A3D-03A2-4E54-AB03-288275E990B4.jpeg

Look at them grooves! Memorizing...Screenshot_20200630-064151__01.jpg

I’m big time in the market for new wedges so I’ve been excited to hear about these. Always been a Cleveland wedge guy! Can’t wait to see these for sure!

Did I read correctly that both the Black and Raw would be available later? Or was that just the Raw?

I’m big time in the market for new wedges so I’ve been excited to hear about these. Always been a Cleveland wedge guy! Can’t wait to see these for sure!

Did I read correctly that both the Black and Raw would be available later? Or was that just the Raw?

Both will be coming later.

Thanks for clarifying. Man...I’m excited about these.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
Back