First Look: Cleveland RTX ZipCore Wedges

I just like the darker finish on wedges, do you know if the dark finish will be similar to prior Cleveland finishes, or will it be like the dark finish on the BH Equalizer wedges (which holds up better)?

It will be similar to Cleveland finishes of the past I believe. Which outside of DBM, I still think holds up the best of the major OEMs. I know Cobra and Hogan use the DBM finish, which is more chemical reaction and does not wear much at all.

I have been waiting for this release for a while. They look amazing and I cant wait to get these in the bag

Solid write up @Jman Cleveland wedges no doubt are always good. My first one took some getting used to with the longer hosel but eventually it didn't bother me. These look great though like a couple others my first though was it looks like P-790. I bet the extra grooves and that secret material are pretty fantastic. My one concern with the sharper grooves though is how it will affect ball covers?

Solid write up James, thanks.

Cleveland has always made a good looking wedge and this one is no exception. Interesting how they managed to put extra grooves in. That has me curious on how much spin these will create. I can't wait for the feedback and I might just tinker with a 54* mid to see the performance first hand.

Solid write up @Jman Cleveland wedges no doubt are always good. My first one took some getting used to with the longer hosel but eventually it didn't bother me. These look great though like a couple others my first though was it looks like P-790. I bet the extra grooves and that secret material are pretty fantastic. My one concern with the sharper grooves though is how it will affect ball covers?

I haven't noticed too much additional wear on golf balls since trying these out. No more than other brand new wedges anyway. Man, is there anything better than pulling out a fresh wedge to bring to the course?

I haven't noticed too much additional wear on golf balls since trying these out. No more than other brand new wedges anyway. Man, is there anything better than pulling out a fresh wedge to bring to the course?

Thats good to hear, when I hear sharper wedges my first thought is those poor covers but LOTS of spin haha and NO nothing better than a fresh wedge right to the course

Presale starts 7/27. Launches in store 8/14.

I went to see if preorder was available... lol

I also just realized there is no X Low option on these right now either. Wonder if they will in the future?

Dg spinners... super fan!!

I really like the look and the tighter grooves. I wish they would put out a couple different grinds, but I'll probably give a set a go regardless. They're sharp.

Bravo Cleveland. Full line in LH satin, Cleveland gets it!

A lot of cool things going on here. Not really digging the P790 look, but love the DG Spinner shaft.

I also just realized there is no X Low option on these right now either. Wonder if they will in the future?
Also the 54° is only in the Full or the Low, no 2 dot on the 54°?

“Grinds: Low (46°-60°), Mid (56°-62°), Full (54°-60°)”

I love the look of these! The grooves, the finish, all of the aesthetics make this one great looking wedge. I am in need of a new 56* too. This may be on the list of contenders to try out once they release. Man .... one sharp looking wedge :)

Heck yes! Cleveland is taking its best wedges and making them better. I can’t wait to learn more and see what moving the CG will do for my game.

i'm another who's getting a p790 vibe from the rear badging, but it still looks super sleek and clean to me.

I heard a little about these yesterday, and become instantly intrigued. I can't wait from more thoughts from @JB even though i'm not in the market for new wedges these still have my full attention.

Nice catch. I did not see that. I’ve normally played a mid in the 54.

I am a pretty big fan of the RTX-4 line, so I anticipate being a fan of these as well. I moved away from the RTX-4s because THP Santa gave me some new wedges, but I do miss how much spin the RTX-4 created. With more grooves (which is just insane if you looked at the 4s) the ZipCores should be amazing at spinning a ball. Definitely going to give them a try at the first opportunity.

This was a typo on my end, mid and low need to be switched

They have a great look about them. No doubt about that.

Am I correct in assuming that the spoon shape filled with compound will shift the sweet spot closer to the middle as opposed to the heel?

I love what I'm seeing here. It sounds like we'll get a lot of what has made their wedges so good and adding some interesting new features. As a Cleveland were homer I'm really curious to see if that ZipCore really makes much of a difference and how it impacts the feel.

Very impressive tech stories with these wedges. I honestly don't recall reading that much tech detail in wedge reviews previously. That is certainly a compliment to both @Jman and Cleveland Golf.

Back