Cleveland Smart Sole 3 Review Thread

Wonder if either of these could help me with that 30 yard pitch shot off a tight lie over a bunker. Man that is my nemesis lately.

Im literally at the course doing this very thing with the S. It really will come down to how you want to play it.

Im literally at the course doing this very thing with the S. It really will come down to how you want to play it.

Interesting. How is it working out? Honestly at this point I'd be happy just putting the ball on the green (sad I know). Im just either chunking or blading it lately. Its awful.

Interesting. How is it working out? Honestly at this point I'd be happy just putting the ball on the green (sad I know). Im just either chunking or blading it lately. Its awful.

It is working really well at clean contact and getting the ball up in the air and landing on the green. Its not going to be as versatile for flop shots and the like, but honestly with where the weight is placed, it might not be necessary as this thing gets up in a hurry.

Great quick hit video. These are a great idea for those who want them, for me personally I'm just not there yet where I want something like this in the bag. That being said I do like that the C version looks like a wedge and not necessarily like a chipper/putter similar to the one put out last year by Odyssey

It is working really well at clean contact and getting the ball up in the air and landing on the green. Its not going to be as versatile for flop shots and the like, but honestly with where the weight is placed, it might not be necessary as this thing gets up in a hurry.

Good stuff. I'm intrigued. I know my problem is lack of practice/poor technique at the moment, but I'm all for making the game easier, and maybe this one would help. I'll have to demo it once it comes out. I know a few guys who rave about these for sand play.

These products intrigue me. Are these products really targeted to people who struggle in bunkers or around greens or are they meant for more skilled players too? Does a more skilled player lose anything by gaming this type of product?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These products intrigue me. Are these products really targeted to people who struggle in bunkers or around greens or are they meant for more skilled players too? Does a more skilled player lose anything by gaming this type of product?

I think for the most part, they are put out for those that struggle, but anybody could use them. Versatility would be the one thing lost in translation. Similar from using a hybrid vs long iron.

Curious if you noted hand position while testing. Assume hands are near the belt bucket vs forward pocket when striking the ball. Hope that makes sense. Hands forward eliminates the bounce and defeats the purpose of this club design...correct?

Thanks.

Curious if you noted hand position while testing. Assume hands are near the belt bucket vs forward pocket when striking the ball. Hope that makes sense. Hands forward eliminates the bounce and defeats the purpose of this club design...correct?

Thanks.

Depends on the shot I hit, but I dont think hands forward would completely eliminate the design. It would bring a different playable loft possibly and a leading edge that appeared closer to the ground though.

Thanks for the feedback. Looking forward to learning/testing/reviewing(?) these clubs next month. Lots of interesting attributes and it's easy to see their value near the green. Need to experiment on shots from 40 to 100 yards. As previously mentioned, really like the MB vs hybrid analogy.

I think for the most part, they are put out for those that struggle, but anybody could use them. Versatility would be the one thing lost in translation. Similar from using a hybrid vs long iron.

You have the C in hand? I know it'll be good around greens but wondering about using it within 90 yards.

Cleveland Smart Sole 3 Review Thread

You have the C in hand? I know it'll be good around greens but wondering about using it within 90 yards.

I do. I have not taken any full swings with it. I can try tomorrow if you would like.

I do. I have not taken any full swings with it. I can try tomorrow if you would like.

That would be awesome, thank you. I've already moved away from 54* around greens and it has paid off. Just wondering if dropping the 54* completely leaves me with holes in areas.

That would be awesome, thank you. I've already moved away from 54* around greens and it has paid off. Just wondering if dropping the 54* completely leaves me with holes in areas.

We will find out.

2c405825802ecfa2e1d9826e477857c5.jpg

5ac53c8614b672f92deb32912eb6ab09.jpg

If it's anything like the original Niblick, it should pretty much be point and shoot.

I had the smart sole 1.0 C with Graphite shaft. It went the same distance as my 42* PW on full shots. What made it awkward was the shorter shaft and upright lie.

We will find out.

2c405825802ecfa2e1d9826e477857c5.jpg

5ac53c8614b672f92deb32912eb6ab09.jpg

Very interesting, wasn't expecting it to be so thin from sole to top line. Definitely different. Looking forward to the feedback!

I am a high handicapper and I love both the 2.0 S & C. The power in both clubs is that it simplifies the setup process. You basically can just stand to the handle and swing. You don't have to add or decrease loft or make sure the club is x number of degrees upright. Under 60 yards these are the only two clubs that I use. Over 60 yards, I am taking a full swing with something with either a hybrid (2h-6h) or an iron (7-S).

If you are someone that likes to use a lot different irons for different lengths of chips, uses a wedge system ala Pelz, or likes to adjust the loft of your wedge shots, these probably aren't the clubs for you.

Very interesting, wasn't expecting it to be so thin from sole to top line. Definitely different. Looking forward to the feedback!

Let's do it a different way. You tell everybody else.

You just got tapped.
Send GolferGal your full name and shipping address and we will send it out.

If one is active and an AC Member, you never know when the shoulder tap will take place.

Let's do it a different way. You tell everybody else.

You just got tapped.
Send GolferGal your full name and shipping address and we will send it out.

If one is active and an AC Member, you never know when the shoulder tap will take place.

Well shucks, you got it!

Looking forward to providing feedback and thanks for the opportunity!

Interesting concept and looks like it will work and easily, but I just love my RTX 3's we got last year at the shootout. Be hard to take them out of the bag for anything.

Excited about this because I think it'd be great for my game. Particularly the C wedge.

Love that this line continues to move forward. Having owned the first and second S wedge, I will probably get the third edition as well. I have played these for nearly 3 years now, and it's the only 58* wedge I carry. Crazy versatile and makes my wedge game a no brainer.

Well shucks, you got it!

Looking forward to providing feedback and thanks for the opportunity!

Looking forward to your thoughts on the C. I always struggled with the older models because of the shorter shaft of the C wedge. I think it would be deadly with a full length wedge shaft.

Looking forward to your thoughts on the C. I always struggled with the older models because of the shorter shaft of the C wedge. I think it would be deadly with a full length wedge shaft.
I'd be interested in putting a DG Spinner shaft in it. I'm primarily interested in it for chipping (naturally) but it wouldn't hurt to have it available for full swings.

Back