Cleveland Smart Sole Wedges

I'm pondering the 58* for my MC bag and I'm not afraid to admit it.

I may choose one a specialty club. I need to get down and dirty with one first though. I don't think I'll change my normal wedge setup, but I could see it taking the place of the 60, which I consider a specialty club in ways.

Don't be at all. This is why I love Cleveland. They offer so many options for so many different needs

I have one already, and only got one round in it before the snow came, but I really think it'll work for my game.

I may choose one a specialty club. I need to get down and dirty with one first though. I don't think I'll change my normal wedge setup, but I could see it taking the place of the 60, which I consider a specialty club in ways.

Dammit Hawk, I could have sent you one with the other stuff sir.

Hold it as ransom until I send you your putter.

Haha, this is true ransom is needed, you and I suck at mailing things.

I really hope to see these in some MC'ers bags, truly believe it could be an asset there, especially with the bunkers.

Haha, this is true ransom is needed, you and I suck at mailing things.

I really hope to see these in some MC'ers bags, truly believe it could be an asset there, especially with the bunkers.

I'm thinking it could be a good one for those funky Bermuda rough lies too. Caledonia in particular had some of those.

I'm thinking it could be a good one for those funky Bermuda rough lies too. Caledonia in particular had some of those.

Its a lot of fun, frankly the only reason I pulled it is b/c I know I won't have it in the MC and needed to get used to the Tour Trusty's, otherwise I think I would still have it in there.

yeah the ball sometimes gets sitting so low you need something to just help punch it up and out

yeah the ball sometimes gets sitting so low you need something to just help punch it up and out

Yep. Or it will sit there like in a birds nest. Both suck.

How did you guys play the S wedge from bunkers? Did you set up square and try to dig the sand an inch behind the ball? Set up square and try to pick it? Or did you simply splash the sand behind the ball?

How did you guys play the S wedge from bunkers? Did you set up square and try to dig the sand an inch behind the ball? Set up square and try to pick it? Or did you simply splash the sand behind the ball?

I set up square and normal swing hitting just behind the ball. No muss, no fuss, silly easy.

ugh I hate that shot.

I set up square and normal swing hitting just behind the ball. No muss, no fuss, silly easy.

What's your normal ball flight looking coming out with that shot Jman? High enough to cover tall bunkers? Can you take longer shots with it too if you are far away from the pin?

What's your normal ball flight looking coming out with that shot Jman? High enough to cover tall bunkers? Can you take longer shots with it too if you are far away from the pin?

I got out of some pretty high bunkers with a nice height ball flight, that said, I also opened it and splashed more to good success as well for really high outs.

For me it was best on the longer shots, really had a lot of fun there.

Cleveland Smart Sole Wedges

This was my plan of action playing this wedge, and the first two bunker shots I played clipped the lips of the bunkers I was in. Pretty sure that was more of me not finishing the swing properly as I saw more height as the round went on, but it's one of the reasons I asked the question.

This was my plan of action playing this wedge, and the first two bunker shots I played clipped the lips of the bunkers I was in. Pretty sure that was more of my not finishing the swing properly as I saw more height as the round went on, but it's one of the reasons I asked the question.

I saw the same when I didn't swing all the way to finish, get to the finish and had no issues getting the ball up in a hurry when I needed to.

Good deal. Thank you sir. I still remember being in the greenside bunker on #1 True Blue on Sunday. That's a good 8 feet you have to make. Not that I'm planning to be there again, but you never know lol.

Watched some videos on the Smart Sole Wedges and they look like they are pretty great wedges. I know I need all the help I can get with my short game. So many of you use this wedge?

Hearing this recent talk makes me want to try one even more, as sand frustrates me. (Albeit mostly because I never practiced out of bunkers up to this point)

Watched some videos on the Smart Sole Wedges and they look like they are pretty great wedges. I know I need all the help I can get with my short game. So many of you use this wedge?
It only hit stores in November, so I only got one round in with mine, but JB and War (and I'm sure others I'm forgetting) played theirs quite a bit and have good things to say about them.

There really hasnt been too much bad said about them at all, they have just worked for people

Back