Clicgear brake breaking

manhattan01

Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 9.8
Anyone run into an issue with their clicgear 3/3.5 brake not engaging? I haven't paid close attention to how the brake system works (I should have a look) but when I engage the brake, most of the time now, it will roll almost a whole rotation before engaging. It's like...it's a gear and all but one or two teeth on the gear are missing.

Anyway, had this for a while and if I can't repair it, might be time for a new one. These things are built like tanks though.

Not sure if the breaking system like my big max but that’s a pin that sticks out and catches the spoke on the wheel. That means if you have just missed the last spoke the trolley will roll until it engages with the next. On the big max it’s a 1/3 or a rotation.

The cable became stuck on mine. I called Clicgear for new one They sent me the whole thing, no charge.

That's the 2nd time I've heard about great CS from Clicgear.

I took mine apart to put new grips on, but didn't pay attention to the brake setup except to adjust it at the end. It's possible one of your teeth is broken off (not yours... on the cart). Just gonna have get a look at it.

When I was researching carts I remember reading about cables braking on these carts but that doesn’t sound like what’s going on here. I don’t have my cart next to me right so I can’t help ya out but will be interested to see what ya find.

The gear is replaceable. It is less than ten bucks. I’ve replaced mine twice so far

I have also replaced my brake and cable once on my 3.5 easy to do works good as new.

Back