Closest golf course to you...

Closest is Riverfront but they do not allow walking. I have 5 courses I play quite a bit that are 15 minutes away.

Edinburgh USA Golf Course
I play it maybe once a year but I practice there. They have a great pitching area that I love to spend time at.

Whispering Pines, 5 miles from the house. Used to play once a week, now about once a month. Aero club is 2 miles from the house but it's a Par 3, play that about once a month mostly to work on short game.

It’s funny how I never played at the course until I started working there. I’d only go there for the range and practice area. The course I played for the last 40 years... they couldn’t give a rats ass.

What is the closest golf course to you? DO you play this course?
Cossett Creek (formerly Brunswick Hills).
I play it once or twice a year.

1.5 miles from home, and I play it probably 5 times/yr

I now live on The Hills in Lakeway. This is a Club Corp course and they have 4 courses in the immediate area.

1609190110175.png

Bayonet and Blackhorse us about 3 miles away. 2 courses, I love Bayonet, hate Blackhorse. Used to play fairly often, but since the first lockdown ended, they seriously jacked the prices. It’s not a $160 course!!!!

I have 3 within 5 minutes.

I actually just joined the one closest to me. Before that I was a member at the...third closest I think? Convenience is key for me.

Meadow Lakes Golf and Country Club. I can walk there in 20 minutes - and usually did for most rounds last year!

The Forest Course at Kingwood CC is right across the street from me. I don't play here as the private memberships are a little too pricey for me; instead I play at Atascocita which is 2 miles away.

Forest Greens is about 2 miles away. I go to their range regularly but haven’t played yet. I don’t feel like I’m good enough to pay $40 to walk a muni course and get my money’s worth. :confused:

Browns Run, haven’t played as it just recently opened up to the public this year.

The nearest course for me, at least to the clubhouse (certain holes are actually closer), is .9mi or a 4 min drive away. It is a private country club to which I do not belong though I used to belong to its sister course over 10 years ago so I have played it many times in the past.

Sykes Lady GC......about a mile from my house. Play it often with Mrs. Reject. Too difficult to get multiple tee times to bring a regular group.
I used to play there occasionally many years ago when it was just called OP Golf Club. I've played the par 3 course a couple of times recently, but that's it.

For me, Eagles Landing is a public course about three miles from me. I play there often.

Sewailo..... almost every damn day I at least practice there

1609195119238.jpeg

What is the closest golf course to you? DO you play this course?

3 minutes - I use the range and short game area. It's pretty crowded anyway, but worse due to Covid.

There is a private course in my neighborhood called Valley View. I walk past on trails just about every day but only play there about 1-2 times each year. I have thought about joining and could maybe swing the cost. It is a ponder.

Closest is a municipal course called Arrowdale, a little over 4 kms from my house. The City has sold the land to a developer, so it's only a matter of time before it's gone.

Second closest is the private Brantford Golf & Country Club, just over 6 kms. There's some history there, and it's a pretty nice track. I've got several members trying to get me to join.

I used to play there occasionally many years ago when it was just called OP Golf Club. I've played the par 3 course a couple of times recently, but that's it.

For me, Eagles Landing is a public course about three miles from me. I play there often.
Play Eagles a fair bit also! Love it

Fox Den GC is 1.5 miles by car, and 1.3 miles by foot. I play there regularly & I have even used my pushcart to walk to the course along the bike trail behind my house

Back