Closest golf course to you...

Raspberry Falls is about 10 minutes away. I play it on a regular basis. I also like to use their short game area & driving range. It has a good pitching area that I like to use when testing golf balls. Hint, Hint 🤣
It was designed by the Black Knight ..... Gary Player. It's also part of the "Raspberry Golf Trail." Entitles you to play 7 different courses in VA & PA at discounts & you earn points for every dollar you spend, then you can redeem them at the courses.

Closest is 3 miles, Jamestown Park Golf Course. Nice little muni, I played it yesterday and it was great! It’s been wet and chilly over the long Christmas weekend and the course was walking only. For some reason at 2 pm on a Sunday it was deserted. Literally had the course to myself. The only other golfer I saw was as I was finishing my last hole. Dang it was glorious!

Sleepy hollow - 5 miles play it for league and when golf now is available. Public course and tough greens
I love Sleepy Hollow! Some of those greens can leave you in tears though.

Nothing right next to me. The three closest are all just under 15 minutes away; Highland Springs, Millwood, Fremont Hills. All three are private courses and I'm not a member at any of them. I do enjoy playing them the handful of opportunities I get each season.

Elk Run Golf Club in Jeffersonville, IN. This is the view from my office. The green line is where my yard ends and the 17th hole begins. The circle is around the flag on the 14th hole.

Screenshot_20201229-090002_Gallery.jpg

The Ole Miss Course. I play about 90% of my rounds there.

Bison Golf Club. 2.8 miles from my front door. It's my "home" course.

there is a public course a few miles away from me, about a 7 minute drive.... yes, I play it. It's been iffy with lots of goose poo and usually crappy tee boxes and fairways but things have really gotten better the last 8 or so months, including the completion of a driving range and practice area

I used to play there occasionally many years ago when it was just called OP Golf Club. I've played the par 3 course a couple of times recently, but that's it.

For me, Eagles Landing is a public course about three miles from me. I play there often.
Play Eagles a fair bit also! Love it
A course I haven't played yet. It's only like 20 minutes from me. Definitely will try in 2021.

University golf club. Yes I even worked there for a couple of years

Haggin Oaks golf complex is 4 miles from me. Two 18 hole courses. I consider it my home course. Both courses are good, the Mackenzie course is the better of the two. It hosts the California State Fair Amateur tourney every year and they say they have the largest on course golf super shop in the country.

The closest golf club to me is called Blackwell Grange

I haven't played it in the last 3-4 years, but it is where I have been going to use the range, although that will change when the new range at my home course opens soon

Beau Rivage in Wilmington, NC. I can see it from my front room and walk to it in 2 minutes. Played it yesterday and will again tomorrow with a bit of practice today.

Canterbury Golf Club is a drive and 5 iron from my house. I have not played there. I inquired about joining, but their membership person never got back to me after multiple attempts. So we joined somewhere else.

Oakridge Country Club. Hosts the Korn Ferry every year. Never played it as I don't have that kind of income but it is my backyard. Picture was right after a massive windstorm. They actually had to pull a lot of these trees. Seeing this picture and comparing it to now makes me quite sad thinking about how sunny our backyard will be this summer without the shade these trees provided in the late evening.
1609350764636.png

Adobe Creek is approx. 2 miles as the crow flies, but driving is 4 1/2 miles & yes I play it often.

What is the closest golf course to you? DO you play this course?

I live on a golf course....kinda close to the tee box...no balls in the yard yet after 3 years....Rio Verde CC

Westchester Country Club is less than 1 mile away. I can’t afford the 200k initiation fee, let alone the yearly dues.

I live on a golf course....kinda close to the tee box...no balls in the yard yet after 3 years....Rio Verde CC
Do you get out and play as well? You must score well on that hole as I’m sure you seen every tee shot from that hole.

From our retirement home in MN we have five 18 hole courses within 2.5 miles of us. I don’t play the two closest ones as they are older, shorter resort courses(par 68) but I play the other three courses often and am a golf member at the 36 hole Cragun’s resort. The other resort course, The Classic at Madden’s, is ranked #59 on Golf Digest’s Top 100 you can play.

Last edited:
Sable Creek golf in Hartville. My road dead ends into the back of it. Play it all the time!

I haven’t played that one, looks like a nice course I looked at in on satallite. Pretty wide open. That’s a me type course, lol.

I haven’t played that one, looks like a nice course I looked at in on satallite. Pretty wide open. That’s a me type course, lol.
It is a nice open course. Since tight holes but overall you can swing away!

Back