Closest golf course to you...

Butter Valley Golf Port about five minutes from my house in Bally Pa

What a gorgeous picture, especially since I am in Michigan winter right now.

Yes. Made my mouth water as well! My Cousin used to live in Tucson! All she used to talk about was the heat, the peccaries, and the caliche!

Closest course - less than 2 miles from my house. Public course, long, well maintained and usually packed. Last I played it was $65 per round, I think.

I joined a 9 hole track 1 mile from work, (6 miles from home). Very reasonable... No tee times required, want to play just a few holes? No problem, just stay out of the way.
Want to play 36? go for it, have fun. Can always get a game. Carts included in membership, great members, great staff and it is incredibly well maintained.

Not especially long, but long enough. Tight fairways, plenty of up, down and side hill lies. Fun and challenging place to play. As they like to say.. handicap earned on this course travels well.

I live ~4 miles from 3 courses (Due Process Stables, Navesink CC, Rumson CC). All 3 are private and I have not played any of them yet.

Oakcreek CC, Sedona Golf Resort and Canyon Mesa executive course are all about 5 minutes away from our house.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Closest course is less than 3 miles from my garage door. I play it 99% of the time. The best thing about the course is that it is close.

Closest to me is White Pines. I play it often. it's about 4 miles from my house. Greens are fast. Ground is mostly sand so it dries out super fast after a rain. Won't play there mid summer tho. It gets super busy. Lots of slow play during the summer. But in winter, it's extremely nice to play and not packed at all. From my work there is Valleywood. About 1 mile away. Don't play there. They are over priced and not very friendly.

Wyncote golf course in Oxford Pa. is a 10 minute drive from me. I play there a handful of times each year. I use their range a lot.

I used to live right next to Chantilly Manor country club, it's now Chesapeake golf course, near Rising Sun Md. I played golf every chance I got back then.

I drive by the closest course to me every day I go to work (3 miles south of town). I use to belong there, but their single membership after I turned 25 (could still get a Junior Membership 24 and under) became to expensive based on the amount I would get to play. Cost of membership/number of rounds....It became cheaper for me to just pay for the round one at a time.

With that said, if I'm playing....I'm playing there because it's the closest to me and I can take my own cart and not be charged a cart fee or trail fee.

Cedar Point Golf course is 5.3 miles from my house and it's my "home" course. Its a military course and I also work on the base so it just makes sense. It also helps that the next closest course is 20 miles away.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Maple Grove GC. It's 2 miles from me. It's a really short course, tips out under 6000, but most holes are tree lined and fairly tight. It's kept in decent shape. It also has a 9 hole par 3 course that perfect for taking my kids out during the week, so I'll be getting a family membership there that comes to $80 a month and play mostly there for my own rounds. There's 3 other public courses within a 15 mile radius that are better, but none have the par 3 and only one of them (The Legacy by Arthur Hills) isn't overpriced for what you get.

My favorite course that I will travel to is Eagle Crest in Ypsilanti, about 45 minutes away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who lives on a golf course? That is my ultimate goal, however Id hate to being chasing you fellas that pull their shots way right or left.

I have lived on two golf courses and I can tell you the thing you want to look at is where the house is located on the golf course. We had one that was located behind the 18th green but far enough away that we never got any issues. We had another that was located down the fairway of a long par five and many long second shots would come flying into our yard, a few that almost hit my kids.

My mom lives on the golf course of a retirement community and she lives right by the 18th tee box. That seems to me a perfect location no risk if you can get near a tee box.

Dad Miller in Anaheim (Tiger's childhood home course) is closest to me. But it's harder to get tee times there, especially as a single, than several others that are also nearby. I haven't played there since the beginning of the pandemic. But I would if I could get a tee time.

Bolingbrook Golf Club, 3.2 miles away, usually play a few times a year, like the course but price is kinda steep.

Closest is my home course and the answer is yes

The closest for me is Memorial Park Golf Course. I do play the course every month or two, but tee times are tough to get on the weekend.

Now that I think about it, technically my sim is the closest to me, and probably 70% of the golf I play in a calendar year is done there so...

Sherwood Country Club and Sunset Hills Country Club are about equidistant from my house. I do not play either of them regularly as I am not a member. Closest course I do play is Los Robles Greens, which is about a 10 minute drive.

I’m less than a mile as the crow flies, or 10 minutes by car (such are the ridges of East Tennessee) from Cleveland Country Club. I’ve gotten to play it twice in my almost 15 years here, but it is private and too expensive for what it is. I’m 20 minutes to Chatata Valley Golf Course where I play more often and is the second closest and closest public course/range these days.

Arizona National. 2 miles/ 10 minutes from the house.

Eldorado CC is my home course and is 2.5 miles away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shamrock Hills, play there quite a bit

Gleneagles GC, in SF, not Scottland (1.7mi) -- Played it twice. First time I watched a drive corked down the left side roll across the fairway down a hill on the right side and then five putted on the triple tier green. Didn't get much better from there. Played it once more to see if it was a one off, it wasn't.

Some notable quotes about this course:

“If you land it on the green, it won't stick,” says Assistant GM Lisa Buster, pointing to the first hole's slanted putting surface during a golf cart tour.

“I don’t give a s— if you’ve played Olympic or Harding Park or Presidio; if you haven’t played Gleneagles, you don’t know anything about Bay Area golf!” -Patrick Boyd (The Golfer’s Journal No. 2)

Lee Trevino is said to have played the course in a warm up for a Tourny at Harding Park and shot 71, followed that w/a 73 and supposedly said it was the hardest 9 hole course he ever played (two sets of tee boxes to play 18).

Now that I'm working from home I'll have to try to sneak over and squeeze 9 in after work once time change comes around. I don't want to spend a weekend round on the headache that place gives me.

In almost directly(5 min either way) between the local private club Willow Oaks and public course where I'm a member (Fox Hollow). I play Fox 2-3 times a week in good weather. I play Willow Oaks 2-3 times a year.

Back