ripper

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys, I am wondering what cloud storage service you would recommend? I really just want to have remote access to files, back things up and have some specific folders designated to my family to view pictures. I am leaning towards dropbox based on reviews.

I use dropbox myself, can get access to everything from my Mac, PC's and iPhone

Dropbox. Free 5GB with a few referrals to friends. If you have an iPhone, Apple is launching iCloud in fall with a free 5GB.

Can I use two dropbox accounts on the same computer? for example mine plus a family one?

I have used Drop box for the past year and half. I have it networked to all of my devices...iphone, ipad and PC

Can I use two dropbox accounts on the same computer? for example mine plus a family one?

I'd check their Q&A section but if you have separate user accounts on computer you should be able to

I use DropBox because I found that it is the most seamless (best integrated into the OS) and seems to be pretty resource friendly compared to most of the others.

Yes, I do, I just use the website to upload and access files from the account that is not tied to my Mac

Dropbox is great and I love it and use it heavily. If its just docs and stuff (which its not for you) Google docs is fantastic, especially for collaborating.

I'm intrigued by iCloud. I'm kind of a mac guy but I support windows based systems everyday... we'll see!

I went a bit of a different route. With cloud storage you are counting on A) they will never go out of business, and B) you have to trust them with access and securing your data. As has been proven many times, you can't trust anybody with your data. I instead put in a Buffalo Technology router and attached a 2 TB mirrored disk array to it. I setup VPN access into it. As long as you have internet access, you can VPN in and see the drive and save files to it. When you are at home, it's also available on your home network.

whilst that is a good solution it is also a solution that will cost. Dropbox is free

I have had no problems using it

free is better . . .

free is better . . .

well if you are looking for free cloud storage then Dropbox is one of the best free cloud storage provider. you can simply go to their website and register for free and you get something like 2 or 5 GB now. if you like dropbox then you can create multiple accounts and you will have some extra cloud storage. the only problem is that you will have to switch between account to access different files.:banana:

Dropbox is definitely the best cloud storage provider...You get 2GB of free memory and if you refer a friend you get 250MB added to your storage limit (16GB being the most storage you can get for free)...This makes the need to have USB drives under 2GB irrelevant

If you want to join Dropbox go to this link http://db.tt/EaxhOv8
Because I am referring you, we both will get additional storage. Then you can refer your friends and reap the benefits.

I am also using Amazon Cloud Drive to store all of my music. With Amazon Cloud Drive you get 5GB for free and 20GB for $20/year.
Amazon Cloud Drive allows you to access your music through Mobile Internet or Wifi, thus allowing you to save memory on your phone or SD card. It's genius

Back