basically, it just doesn't make sense not to go through a fitting. you could be a guy that can play with stuff right off the rack, but at least then you'd know for sure. it just can't hurt at all, and you'll be glad you did it. the worse thing that could happen is that you invest in a new set, start getting better and better and then find out that you're clubs need altering, and you simply can't alter them. it's just worth it to do it, that's all.

Especially when it costs the exact same amount.

It doesn't always cost the same amount though is my point. I guess I will just go to the Golfsmith in Lutz next time I'm back in town and check it out. I just don't want to have to come home, try out a bunch of clubs, order, then not be able to bring them back to Miami until August. I don't get to come home that often.

It doesn't always cost the same amount though is my point. I guess I will just go to the Golfsmith in Lutz next time I'm back in town and check it out. I just don't want to have to come home, try out a bunch of clubs, order, then not be able to bring them back to Miami until August. I don't get to come home that often.

do you have to purchase your clubs in lutz, or can you get them in miami?

Almost every store around us and in Tampa we have visited offered free fitting with the purchase of the irons. So i am not sure which places you are looking. When you order the clubs, they will ship them anywhere you want most of the time if you pay for them.

If its just a lie adjustment, depending on the store and club, they can bend them right then and there. I know at Golf Galaxy there were clubs that we could adjust the angle on. We would only try to bend +/- 2 degrees, anything more we would have them ordered.

There is also a chance that you won't need any adjustments so it becomes a non-issue.

I'm referring to if I find a deal on another website or a legitimate eBay store. I don't have a vehicle in Miami and it's a lot easier to tell a brother "hey, let's go golfing", then "hey, take me about 30 miles away to the Golfsmith." I will just wait then I guess.

If you are looking for instant gratification, then just buy them. If you want validation on whether they are good clubs, they certainly are for many golfers. I just cannot fathom spending thousands of dollars on something if it may not fit you when you have the opportunity to have them fitted for you free of charge or for a very reasonable price. I look at it like this, there are no cons in the "pros vs cons" of having irons fit for you except instant gratification.

I'm thinking that you are saying that you can order your clubs online for less money than buying them in the store. My guess is that, especially with a current set, you will not get them much cheaper online. Plus, they may not be fit right for you, in which case you are kind of throwing the money away?

FWIW, I checked Golfsmith's website out. The DE's are 599.00 there and they are the same price on TGW.com.

Like I said earlier, there is nothing wrong with wanting new clubs. We all love to buy them and talk about buying them all day. People here are just trying to give you the advice that (at one point in time) they probably wish they had been given.

Back