Curved or cut

• Total voters

Hitsnmisses

Reaction score
Handicap
Much like cars we have favourite styles , or shapes , specifically , do you prefer the rounder edge or smoother look club as opposed to the squarish lines and sharp edged offerings ...?
My theory is aligned to older players enjoying the rounded shape much like those vehicles of the 50s/60/70s and the edgier sharper look more favoured by younger demographic ..

lam of the older variety of player(60) but heavily favour the sharper clean line look ( Mizuno jpx irons are in my bag as example )

lnteresting 😊to hear commentary / feedback ?

I’m almost 40. I prefer the sharper lines. For example, I love the Srixon Z965’s but hate the look of their Z-Forged.

1627881646502.jpeg

1627881713775.jpeg

I like them curvy.

I like a mix of both. My two current favourites are the Mizuno MP-18 SC and the Callaway Apex Pro 21.

For me, I think it comes down to definition and placement.

There are a lot of really nice looking clubs out there. There are also some club that don't look so hot. Generally as a category I think Game Improvement irons are ugly. They just have too much badging and coloring. I would tell the OEM's hey, just because you have a big space doesn't mean you have to fill it with garbage. Give me a nice club that looks like it's made out of metal and maybe has 1 extra color besides black. That's it. I still say the best looking club I have ever seen is the Titleist 718 CB. It just exudes class and golf elegance.

reviewcbaddressback.jpg

In cars and clubs I prefer sharper transitions and angles to sweeping lines. There are exceptions, but that is generally my preference. That said, club aesthetics are pretty far down the line of importance for me.

It depends... some I think look better with lines and sharp edges... others look better with curves.

I prefer a less curvy ball flight. The shape of the iron that produces it is less important. I can honestly say the only irons I ever stood over at address and said "Egad" were the Ping G Max. And I nearly bought them, because only one iron worked better than them.

I LIKE the look of my Hogan Blacks... However- I LOVE the playability of the Hogan Edge GS's I'm using this year... So they look pretty good to me...

Back