Club Builders: Favorite Epoxy?

I prefer high strength, mostly because it’s easier to work with and you don’t have to rush your build. If I’m just doing one club tour set isn’t bad, but for an iron set it’s hard to do in one batch for me.

f9570d4cb6f534f0c359203709145251.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just used some year old GolfWorks 24 hour stuff. No problems

Looked at work for some DP420 and we don't stock it at my location. Darn

So for all the pro’s out there...is this the right setup?

07707655-91EA-45FC-A4E6-F65CF301E3CB.png

35 for an epoxy fun like that seems like overkill.

35 for an epoxy fun like that seems like overkill.

Is there another way to dispense the epoxy or is the gun necessary?

Is there another way to dispense the epoxy or is the gun necessary?

I Don’t use plunger style, but I’m assuming it comes with plungers as is and doesn’t need a gun.

you don't need a gun and refills

just get the regular 1:1 stuff, don't mix up the caps, store in a cool dry place

Thanks! Makes sense. I was looking at the plunger styled but this seems easier and quicker and less of a “startup” cost

I have been wondering what everyone else has used. I am looking to do some of my own club work and wasn't sure what was the most common(popular) to use.

The Golf Works Tour Set Epoxy, not sure why I started with that but it’s worked and I just stuck with it.

Golfworks Tour Set in warm months and Maximum Strength in winter with heat box (set at roughly 120* F for 12 hrs) it gets cold in my shop - N. Illinois.
Never a failure since 2002 when the head flew off a callaway fairway wood - my first bore-thru! Glad it was my son's;-)

Any reason to not just use the Maximum Strength all the time? Is that not stronger? Do you prefer the version with or without shaft beads in it?

I’ve got Brampton’s 20/20 on the way but has anyone used this?

18BD0F67-05DD-4135-9C11-3A131400169F.jpeg

I prefer the 12 minute cure for putters, and the like tour set 4 hour cure for clubs. It might be overkill, but I prefer the much higher impact rating for clubs I'm going to be swinging, although the quick set is probably fine.

I haven't had very good luck with their 24 hour epoxy. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what, but over half of everything I've used it on has failed sooner or later.
I had the same experience.

Started using 3M DP810 - It's the best available as far as I'm concerned.

24 hours at room temp, 30 min at 125°F

Brampton quick set, have also used Golfworks tour set.

I see Golfworks has 'specialty' epoxies for adapters and shaft extensions. Are these legitimate? The product descriptions make sense to this novice.

I use their "tour set" in the bottles (black & yellowish clear) for everything and have never had a failure.....yet

Brampton Pro fix 5&15. Love it because I can mix it up, assemble the club and use the club fairly soon after. I will build the club and by the time I get to the range it’s ready to play.

Back