Club Champion Acquires TXG

+1 I think as knowledgeable as Ian is, Matt was the perfect sidekick for him to break down numbers, analysis and overall fitting methodologies. I never looked at Matt as someone who I compared myself to or live and died by his results. He just brought a screen presence, and performance, that kept me engaged and wanting to see more. Now it's back to meh.

i just hope Matt didn't have a relapse with his anxiety or any of the mental issues that he has dealt with. He has made a ton of progress in that part of his life to take a step back.

Your last point is what concerns me about his statement. He seems like a super nice guy (both he and Ian both do). Dealing with those types of issues is not easy in any situation. Does being part of a team help with that? or does having full control over your destiny give you a better opportunity? I honestly don't know.

What is funny is they just completed a really entertaining Driver bracket last week and I personally was enthused about the channel for the first time since Matt exit 1.0. Now I am like eh... we will see what they do. My favorite videos have involved Ronny and the women who worked in the shop and seeing them fit a bag for "regular" golfers. The bracket is a whole different thing so watching a guy blast drives 350 is a different entertainment avenue.
I like the Ronny videos - Common Man Fittings with a 130 MPH Ball Speed off the Driver.

This is all very interesting. Like others, I thought that the channel had found its way after Matt left, only to have him return. If I were somebody who had been displaced by his return, I would not be very excited to come back now that he has left again.

While I enjoyed some of the content from Ian and Matt together and learned a few things, none of there testing really applied to my game at all.
After a while, I got tired of watch guyys fly it 290 on a simulator.
I like it better when they fit normal 7-15 caps, male or female.

I only really liked it when Matt was with Ian. Didn’t care for the others.

Random thought based on no new vids popping up in the feed from them for 6 days now, but I wonder how much plan was in place for this. Matty was in the content but also did editing. Can be a tough role to fill well, quickly.

Random thought based on no new vids popping up in the feed from them for 6 days now, but I wonder how much plan was in place for this. Matty was in the content but also did editing. Can be a tough role to fill well, quickly.
Club Champion has a full production team.

I would love to see companies like TXG and CC incorporate more average swing speeds into their content. There's just zero relatability to guys hitting 190 yard+ 7 irons for me. Not saying I want them to go completely in that direction, but some variety would be nice. Even that one bigger guy is swinging pretty fast.

Club Champion has a full production team.
Yeah I know. I mean if it was sudden or something just throwing a big pile of vids at a different team is bound to be a bit of a change in the flow. Even just figuring out/deciding what new ones to do next. Stuff like that.

Back