Club Champion Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Club champion should replace the shaft and than get a new one from fuji
the OP noted that Club Champion attempted to acquire another shaft from Fuji based on the break and were declined.

this reminds me of the Wilson putter hosel break thread.

"it's not made to be leaned on" - ok your product is still sh***y

offering your (recent purchase) customer a replacement at full cost and then capitulating to discounts is lacking in integrity and I find that laughable

Dude. I feel terrible for you. You paid a premium to work with them and basically get brushed off. I have a feeling if you’d have bought the build from cobra, you’d have saved a boatload and you’d be getting that shaft replaced.

I 100% agree that Club Champion should have done more to support you here, but this isn't their issue... This is a Fujikura issue.

I understand your frustration, but for you to continue to refuse to reach out to the shaft company makes NO sense to me. While I would not give Club Champion repeat business if they replied to an issue like this, I would certainly do anything in my power to get a replacement, even if that means "swallowing my pride" and going directly to Fujikura.

Club champion should replace the shaft and than get a new one from fuji
right, I kinda agree that it's a fuji issue, but for what CC charges how do they not have a lesion for all these companies to resolve issues like this.
Instead they punt back to the customer and then blame them in addition. You can already get that level of service at any big box store for half the price.

This is their Twitter page...

Wow I have never seen a shaft snapped in the middle like that. Just above the adapter yes, but never like that. Have had a blue Ventus for year and a half with no issues so hope they will take care of the product.
I had a hzrdus yellow snap directly in the middle as I was finishing a swing. I brought it in and got a replacement no questions asked. Didn’t have to wait for project x to reply. Brought it to the shop where I bought it and walked out with a new shaft that same day.

Holy cow! It sucks that Fuji is this bad with CS on a shaft that is $350 retail. I was looking at the Ventus but with this knowledge I will go elsewhere. Are all shaft companies like this with product fails?

I hate this for you @e1iterate because at the end of the day, it seems like you are bearing the loss that isn’t your fault. I guess I am a bit more bummed for you because I have probably played 5 rounds or more with you at this point, and I haven’t seen you ever lose your cool, let alone bang a shaft.

The insufferable lawyer in me wants to know a bit more about the history of the shaft before it got to you. For all I know the shipping company damaged it in transit or it was blemished from the factory. But I guess it doesn’t matter at the end of the day because we will never know.

I would have hoped that CC would have pushed Fuji a bit on behalf of their customer, but I guess that didn’t or couldn’t happen. Part of their added value to the process is the personalized service. For you it seems like that ended at the point of purchase. I hope this gets sorted for you, with Fuji or better yet with a new shaft from a different company.

Wow, it’s super interesting that Fuji directed that customer to contact the dealer they bought it from.
I had a head crack and they directed me to the retailer too. Not surprising as they would rather deal with retailers than customers.

Wow, it’s super interesting that Fuji directed that customer to contact the dealer they bought it from.
I don’t think that Fuji sells direct to consumer...

They also say to get in contact with where you purchased it from and not directly with them, which @e1iterate has already done
True, it's time for Big MT to go scorched earth on their social!

This whole thing sucks.

I hate this for you @e1iterate because at the end of the day, it seems like you are bearing the loss that isn’t your fault. I guess I am a bit more bummed for you because I have probably played 5 rounds or more with you at this point, and I haven’t seen you ever lose your cool, let alone bang a shaft.

The insufferable lawyer in me wants to know a bit more about the history of the shaft before it got to you. For all I know the shipping company damaged it in transit or it was blemished from the factory. But I guess it doesn’t matter at the end of the day because we will never know.

I would have hoped that CC would have pushed Fuji a bit on behalf of their customer, but I guess that didn’t or couldn’t happen. Part of their added value to the process is the personalized service. For you it seems like that ended at the point of purchase. I hope this gets sorted for you, with Fuji or better yet with a new shaft from a different company.

I wonder if CC, even as a retailer, has an implied duty here (merchantability) regardless of any express warranties by the manufacturer. Not saying something like this would ever go this far, but he probably has a good faith basis to assert claims against both the retailer and manufacturer, and then let them cross claim re indemnification.

I had a head crack and they directed me to the retailer too. Not surprising as they would rather deal with retailers than customers.
It’s an interesting approach compared to, say, Cobra that has seemed to work with customers directly and replaced driver heads fairly readily.

It’s an interesting approach compared to, say, Cobra that has seemed to work with customers directly and replaced driver heads fairly readily.
This always seems to be a muddy process in the golf industry.

I definitely get the disappointment. If I bought a driver from Cobra/Van’s/True Spec and the shaft broke like this did after a few months, they certainly would be the first call I made. If they said there was nothing they could do, I would then call the manufacturer.

I had a big problem with a cruise. I booked through Costco for 9 people and it was a huge chunk of money. When it was cancelled due to COVID, Costco were the first people I called. They told me to call RCCL. RCCL told me to call Costco and this went on for awhile before I got a refund. As much as I thought Costco should have helped because they were the ones that I sent $15k, the refund ended up coming from RCCL and I spent way too much time trying to get it. I will never buy from RCCL again but I will still go to Costco.

TM has replaced a head within 2 years of purchase for me as well, no questions asked minus the receipt. They replaced my 2017 M2 with a SIM Max. Additionally, Ping has a good reputation of doing this as well alongside Cobra. I think most of the big head manufacturers are honorable when it comes to this stuff. Shafts are more iffy across the board it seems.

This always seems to be a muddy process in the golf industry.
This is so true. I would even go as far to say it ebbs and flows based on consumer demand. I feel like we are in an ebb currently. But thankfully not all industry participants are like that. Places like Tour Edge and Cobra come to mind, but I know there are others.

I definitely get the disappointment. If I bought a driver from Cobra/Van’s/True Spec and the shaft broke like this did after a few months, they certainly would be the first call I made. If they said there was nothing they could do, I would then call the manufacturer.

I had a big problem with a cruise. I booked through Costco for 9 people and it was a huge chunk of money. When it was cancelled due to COVID, Costco were the first people I called. They told me to call RCCL. RCCL told me to call Costco and this went on for awhile before I got a refund. As much as I thought Costco should have helped because they were the ones that I sent $15k, the refund ended up coming from RCCL and I spent way too much time trying to get it. I will never buy from RCCL again but I will still go to Costco.
Except you save a considerable amount of money shopping at costco, the same cannot be said for club champion haha

TM has replaced a head within 2 years of purchase for me as well, no questions asked minus the receipt. They replaced my 2017 M2 with a SIM Max. Additionally, Ping has a good reputation of doing this as well alongside Cobra. I think most of the big head manufacturers are honorable when it comes to this stuff. Shafts are more iffy across the board it seems.
Which is crazy with the margins on shafts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back