Club Champion Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's generous to call it a consensus.. Maybe a consensus of opinion that was built elsewhere and brought out here, I suppose. Same names, same argument - kind of boring, really.

The rest of it? Seems like a lot of gray area to me.

Wow... I’ll let the thread speak for itself on “consensus.” But it’s nice to know member opinions don’t matter when a forum sponsor is involved. I guess CC isn’t the only place losing a customer today.

Wow... I’ll let the thread speak for itself on “consensus.” But it’s nice to know member opinions don’t matter when a forum sponsor is involved. I guess CC isn’t the only place losing a customer today.
haha, sure thing. Say hi to the guys for me.

What is it we learned? That their policy (that is stated openly) is in fact reality? The policy anyone is free to be aware of at any time?

We learned that despite spending why most would consider a lot of money, CC chooses to pass the buck on an issue with a customer than go the extra step to try and help him out.

offering a discount on the item IMO is bush league. They have the capacity make this right with zero dollars out of @e1iterate pocket and a customer service story that would make core golfers on a message board they sponsor look to them for future purchases knowing they will be taken care of.

now they narrative (right or wrong) is CC will basically tell you to pound sand with any issues you have with a club they built once it walks out their door.

As you can see above, if I snapped this over a knee or something it would be a much cleaner break.
I'm just catching up on this thread, I'm only on page 2 so I have lots to read still, I'm not calling you out...I understand your frustration with the price you had paid but I agree with others that CC is not at fault here and their hands are probably tied as to what they can do. Having experience with a knee break on a graphite shaft :oops: I can say that is most definitely not true at all. The only way a graphite shaft has a clean break is if its cut. And it takes quite a bit of force for it to break. Granted mine was an iron so maybe its a little harder to break but it took more than one knee to snap it :oops: but it looked very similar to the picture you showed. I would guess its a defect in this case and thats a huge bummer.

We learned that despite spending why most would consider a lot of money, CC chooses to pass the buck on an issue with a customer than go the extra step to try and help him out.

offering a discount on the item IMO is bush league. They have the capacity make this right with zero dollars out of @e1iterate pocket and a customer service story that would make core golfers on a message board they sponsor look to them for future purchases knowing they will be taken care of.

now they narrative (right or wrong) is CC will basically tell you to pound sand with any issues you have with a club they built once it walks out their door.
So, the policy that is in place should have no impact on how CC reacts to claims?

What is bush league, is Fuji not standing behind their product. That in mind, I get that most damage via tantrum is effectively in that same spot, so weeding through the BS (presumably not our guy Mike here is why that awful reasoning is in place).

If I sit on my iPhone and the screen shatters, I'm not about to get mad at Verizon. It sucks, but it's reality.

Again, I would love to read a sample where a shaft snapping in the middle was handled better elsewhere.

I see this the other way around. If I’m spending my money (at a premium), I already know CC’s stance, and it’s one that I disagree with.
Yes there is unknown with other retailers/manufacturers, but that is presently less risky than dealing with CC, from my perspective.

I see this the other way around. If I’m spending my money (at a premium), I already know CC’s stance, and it’s one that I disagree with.
Yes there is unknown with other retailers/manufacturers, but that is presently less risky than dealing with CC, from my perspective.
I don't disagree with anything you're saying, my dude.

There's inherent risk wherever you buy. While I'd absolutely expect an OEM to be able to replace stock shafts (maybe not with center shaft snaps but certainly possible), I find it far less likely to find a collection of examples where upcharge shafts get the same treatment.

So, the policy that is in place should have no impact on how CC reacts to claims?

What is bush league, is Fuji not standing behind their product. That in mind, I get that most damage via tantrum is effectively in that same spot, so weeding through the BS (presumably not our guy Mike here is why that awful reasoning is in place).

If I sit on my iPhone and the screen shatters, I'm not about to get mad at Verizon. It sucks, but it's reality.

maybe the issue is the policy itself is insufficient. we all get excited about and appreciative of businesses that go above and beyond. the nature of going above and beyond is that it's, well, above and beyond the stated policy. fortunately there are a lot of options whether that's big box or directly from an oem or even other high end fitters for people to choose from if they now have a better understanding of cc's policies.

i understand the policy and absolutely agree Fuji is ultimately at fault, but CC should be doing more to make this right even up to or including replacing it and working with Fuji behind the scenes. Make Mike whole first IMo.

as for the phone , last I checked Verizon wasn’t ordering complements of the phone and claiming to assemble them better than Apple like CC is doing With golf equipment.

maybe the issue is the policy itself is insufficient. we all get excited about and appreciative of businesses that go above and beyond. the nature of going above and beyond is that it's, well, above and beyond the stated policy. fortunately there are a lot of options whether that's big box or directly from an oem or even other high end fitters for people to choose from if they now have a better understanding of cc's policies.
It could be - And you're right, as I'm always chasing the best experience.

My perspective is different only in that I'd expect the manufacturer to honor the warranty, not the company selling the fitting and build service. It is also entirely unfortunately that idiots who've taken their driver to a knee or a tree have ruined the ability to freely accept claims like these, which seem to be warranted.

i understand the policy and absolutely agree Fuji is ultimately at fault, but CC should be doing more to make this right even up to or including replacing it and working with Fuji behind the scenes. Make Mike whole first IMo.

as for the phone , last I checked Verizon wasn’t ordering complements of the phone and claiming to assemble them better than Apple like CC is doing With golf equipment.
No, they aren't... But as a reseller of a product, they offer no real warranty if anything fails (I used the pocket sitting because it's as close to shaft leaning as I could think of). My point was more "if you smash your phone you're dealing with Apple, not Verizon whether intentional or not"

If that line is too blurry, I totally get it.

There are notations about their warranty conditions on the website and in the stores. They are pretty damn clear about how the conditions of their sales work haha

It's not like they hid their policy in the fineprint and then stuck it to Mike when he needed them. They did attempt to get him a warranty claim, and even offered a discount on another shaft when the company who built it didn't stand behind the build quality.

While I can appreciate what the 'consensus' here thinks, it's just not realistic based on what we know.
I don't quite understand how you can say "it's just not realistic based on what we know"? You are basically telling everyone here with the same consensus that no matter what they say they are wrong, when in all reality, I think a lot of peoples opinions/expectations about the situation are very realistic. That's like having a group of people look at a color chart and asked what color is the 3rd circle to the right and everyone but one person says its red and the 1 says it's green (and no, the person isn't color blind, lol). I guarantee if they told each customer at time of checkout their business wouldn't be what it is today. I have seen companies both retailer and supplier do a much better job in terms of customer service and how they have taken care of their customers. and you're right about them posting it, but it's not on their front page and they might as well change their name to "Used Club Champion" with an "as is" policy or if they are going to sell products that the manufacturer wont even back, then drop them. It's like going to a used car dealership buying something that looks great on the outside but has a defect on the inside and breaks down as soon as you leave the lot. Well, sorry sir, you just bought as is, so you're sol. I just read their warranties section and you have to search for it in the search box as it's not on their main page. Big thing here, is they aren't going to broadcast they are selling components "as is", and I highly doubt the fitters and builders tell the person before they lay out the cash or swipe the card that once they do, they will have to call the manufacturer to deal with anything that tears up. I did find this on their page and took a snipit of it. Funny thing is, he is under 90 days and I'm sure the club didn't snap in the bay during fitting, so technically, it's not performing like it did in the bay. Either way this kind of contradicts the warranty section because it's not performing like it did in the bay. Had the shaft broke in the bay then I would say, yep it performed like it did at that time. This is all hypothetical of course, but I'm just trying to play devils advocate. Either way you pay a premium price, you deserve premium service, even if it is on the company from time to time.
1622134567232.png

I'm just catching up on this thread, I'm only on page 2 so I have lots to read still, I'm not calling you out...I understand your frustration with the price you had paid but I agree with others that CC is not at fault here and their hands are probably tied as to what they can do. Having experience with a knee break on a graphite shaft :oops: I can say that is most definitely not true at all. The only way a graphite shaft has a clean break is if its cut. And it takes quite a bit of force for it to break. Granted mine was an iron so maybe its a little harder to break but it took more than one knee to snap it :oops: but it looked very similar to the picture you showed. I would guess its a defect in this case and thats a huge bummer.

I’m going off of other shafts I’ve seen where they were broken over a knee. Here is a pic that I had to dig to find, but this was the last one I saw where I swung the club (demo) and it broke over my shoulder during the follow through.

EF82FC22-53D1-431F-85F7-D335817DDF50.png
Also, the club I witnessed get snapped in half over a knee about two years ago looked very similar.

I'm actually surprised how many of you go to the manufacture for returns on defective products. I must be a terrible human. I ALMOST never do this. If I order something from Amazon and it's defective when I get it I return that joker to amazon, same as walmart, same as lowes...

No, they aren't... But as a reseller of a product, they offer no real warranty if anything fails (I used the pocket sitting because it's as close to shaft leaning as I could think of). My point was more "if you smash your phone you're dealing with Apple, not Verizon whether intentional or not"

This is just like something that happened to me. I bought said product from Amazon that was defective. I was outside my return window to Amazon and they had me contact the company for warranty. I had to provide a lot of info to them but they ended up honoring the warranty and shipped out a new product for me. The difference b/w Amazon and CC is that Amazon told me that if the manufacturer didn't honor they warranty they would make it right with credit or something.

I don't quite understand how you can say "it's just not realistic based on what we know"? You are basically telling everyone here with the same consensus that no matter what they say they are wrong, when in all reality, I think a lot of peoples opinions/expectations about the situation are very realistic. That's like having a group of people look at a color chart and asked what color is the 3rd circle to the right and everyone but one person says its red and the 1 says it's green (and no, the person isn't color blind, lol). I guarantee if they told each customer at time of checkout their business wouldn't be what it is today. I have seen companies both retailer and supplier do a much better job in terms of customer service and how they have taken care of their customers. and you're right about them posting it, but it's not on their front page and they might as well change their name to "Used Club Champion" with an "as is" policy or if they are going to sell products that the manufacturer wont even back, then drop them. It's like going to a used car dealership buying something that looks great on the outside but has a defect on the inside and breaks down as soon as you leave the lot. Well, sorry sir, you just bought as is, so you're sol. I just read their warranties section and you have to search for it in the search box as it's not on their main page. Big thing here, is they aren't going to broadcast they are selling components "as is", and I highly doubt the fitters and builders tell the person before they lay out the cash or swipe the card that once they do, they will have to call the manufacturer to deal with anything that tears up. I did find this on their page and took a snipit of it. Funny thing is, he is under 90 days and I'm sure the club didn't snap in the bay during fitting, so technically, it's not performing like it did in the bay. Either way this kind of contradicts the warranty section because it's not performing like it did in the bay. Had the shaft broke in the bay then I would say, yep it performed like it did at that time. This is all hypothetical of course, but I'm just trying to play devils advocate. Either way you pay a premium price, you deserve premium service, even if it is on the company from time to time.
View attachment 9009778
For the record, I don't think anyone is wrong in this thread. I enjoy great debates and I think this one is a fantastic discussion because outside of the hard and fast rules set by both companies involved, personal opinion is free to dance.

And I will reiterate what sucks most here, is that @e1iterate has to go through it regardless of anything else. I feel for him.

This is just like something that happened to me. I bought said product from Amazon that was defective. I was outside my return window to Amazon and they had me contact the company for warranty. I had to provide a lot of info to them but they ended up honoring the warranty and shipped out a new product for me. The difference b/w Amazon and CC is that Amazon told me that if the manufacturer didn't honor they warranty they would make it right with credit or something.
That is a great story about Amazon. Their process between shipping times, return freedoms, and etc have never ceased to baffle me.

For the record, I don't think anyone is wrong in this thread. I enjoy great debates and I think this one is a fantastic discussion because outside of the hard and fast rules set by both companies involved, personal opinion is free to dance.

And I will reiterate what sucks most here, is that @e1iterate has to go through it regardless of anything else. I feel for him.
And everyone is keeping it respectful, which is the THP way.

I’m going off of other shafts I’ve seen where they were broken over a knee. Here is a pic that I had to dig to find, but this was the last one I saw where I swung the club (demo) and it broke over my shoulder during the follow through.

View attachment 9009779
Also, the club I witnessed get snapped in half over a knee about two years ago looked very similar.
That looks like an extremely clean break for graphite but I'm clearly no expert. Like I said I wasn't saying thats what happened. I only have one experience with breaking a graphite shaft and it looks very similar to the picture you posted.

What really blows my mind is that a product like that and at that price point could fail like that. I mean I hand rolled a shaft myself knowing absolutely nothing about how to do it and its still holding strong 5 years later. Figure that one out haha

Are they reselling? or are they Club Building? If this was not a custom build and the entire club was sourced from the manufacturer I could understand the stance a little more.

Either way, they are following their policy, which is fine. But knowing that, it will definitely impact my decision on where I would go for a fitting, and will also make me much more likely to research any shop I might go to for a fitting/club purchase.

It does suck that he has to go through it. No golfer should have to go through it. and debates are great, but just don't say that other's opinions that generated a consensus aren't realistic when they very much are. That's like the starting of a debate when someone starts off the sentence with, "With all due respect...". those few words right off the bat tell the other person, their opinion isn't respected nor wanted. I'm not saying you meant that, but that's the way it came across. That's why I hate texts or situations where you can't talk face to face to actually capture the true meaning of someone's statements.

It could be - And you're right, as I'm always chasing the best experience.

My perspective is different only in that I'd expect the manufacturer to honor the warranty, not the company selling the fitting and build service. It is also entirely unfortunately that idiots who've taken their driver to a knee or a tree have ruined the ability to freely accept claims like these, which seem to be warranted.

i totally agree, sometimes this is why we can't have nice things

i've been on the wrong side of this too, and with a MUCH smaller outfit than cc. local guy, nowhere near the same revenue. he didn't believe me, but we eventually came to an agreement and all i had to pay was the restocking fee. the shaft company was accra, but i don't know what went down between him and accra.

Are they reselling? or are they Club Building? If this was not a custom build and the entire club was sourced from the manufacturer I could understand the stance a little more.

Either way, they are following their policy, which is fine. But knowing that, it will definitely impact my decision on where I would go for a fitting, and will also make me much more likely to research any shop I might go to for a fitting/club purchase.
I totally get that. I am a very big proponent of Club Champion but am still surprised when people buy there. Usually those who do say "I know what I am getting" and that's good enough for them.

It does suck that he has to go through it. No golfer should have to go through it. and debates are great, but just don't say that other's opinions that generated a consensus aren't realistic when they very much are. That's like the starting of a debate when someone starts off the sentence with, "With all due respect...". those few words right off the bat tell the other person, their opinion isn't respected nor wanted. I'm not saying you meant that, but that's the way it came across. That's why I hate texts or situations where you can't talk face to face to actually capture the true meaning of someone's statements.
My intent was to say that it was unrealistic to expect a refund or replacement based on the policy that's on the site and by the register. I think we'd have to ignore that to expect more in this case, and while I think the best course would be for someone (ideally Fuji) to step up and replace the shaft, CC technically did step up to a certain level. I would hope it would be a discount to cost (although if it were me I'd be asking for the runner up shaft from a different manufacturer at cost lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back