Club Champion Driver Fitting: Today!

Good stuff Kev

Great write up. I've been thinking about doing something similar. Hope you don't mind my asking , what was the cost for the fitting at CC?
Driver fitting is $150, iron fitting is I believe $200, full bag is $400. Something like that.

If you can hold out another month or so, they usually run a holiday special. I did a full bag last year for 250.

Thanks guys, I did look it up also. ;)

Looks like I'll actually get to play this weekend! Thought for sure I was gonna have to work. I'll post up some results from this driver's maiden voyage after my Saturday morning round.

I think I can call this fitting a success. I pulled driver on 8 of the 13 holes, and went 6/8 with driver (9/13 fairways hit for the day.) Distance was good and dispersion was awesome. Of the two fairways I missed with the driver, one was 1st cut and the other I got lazy with the swing and pushed it right. Longest drive of the day GPS'ed at 314yds. Shortest was the high lazy fade I hit on #11 that GPS'ed at 259yds. Highlight of the round was the 3rd hole which played at 318yds today with its front pin location... I was 5yds short of the green. This driver with this shaft setup is just so smooth. I feel like I can take a smooth swing with it and get decent results, or go after it and the shaft is stable enough to take it.

Back