Club Champion Fitting

You can tell them you don’t want to spend X and they’ll find something more in line with budget. The LA golf shafts aren’t available many places outside of CC. Tried them, we moved on fairly quickly. Not good for me at the time. I’m sure they’d have a 2nd best option that would be very close.

Wow I have to say. After my club champion fitting my golf has been amazing. I feel so confident going out on the course. My driver is money and splitting the fairway. My wood and hybrid are amazing and I feel I can control them. And finally my irons. Have been nothing but amazing! It was a lot of money to soak in golf clubs but man I do feel now it is worth it!

Had a fitting this week ONLY because they had a club I wanted to try that no other fitters carry and it reminded me why I hate my local CC.

Explained exactly why I was there and fitter proceeded to start to attempt to fit me into something I absolutely wasn't looking for. Opposite of what I came there for. Hit a superhybrid, driving iron, standard hybrid and despite difference in those heads, we only pingponged between two shafts both of which would be on the short side for the superhybrid, and long side for the driving iron. The biggest "go F yourself" in the fitting was that when a combo was working with a specific graphite design shaft he deliberately started moving fitting into the 2nd shaft which was a more exotic shaft. Im fairly confident that he knew the shaft wasn't offered as an upgraded shaft from manufacturers so it stops u from pricing out the build with other companies. Basically despite liking a shaft better and getting better numbers, he was relentless in pushing the other one because it was going to be a $350+ shaft and the shaft that was performing would only be a $130 upcharge if I bought directly from titelist or thru 2nd swing. He abused the exotic shaft so much that by the end of the fitting I was hitting it better but just because he made me take 80% of my shots with the one he wanted me to buy and you just start adapting.

I got to try to the club I wanted so the trip was a success but IF you have the faintest clue of what they are going to do when you go in, it actually really aggravates you that they think you are that stupid. This may just be my local one but I've seen enough similar reviews that I think it's built into the DNA of their training.

So club champion charge a bit of a premium for gear? That sucks.
I've never done irons but woods/hybrids, they aren't going with stock offerings (which isn't a bad thing per se) but an upgraded shaft thru CC is more than if u priced directly with manufacturer or thru 2nd swing as long as its in their matrix. Why? Because the cost of the "club" on your quote includes a stock shaft and grip already and then they add to it. If you buy an upgraded shaft directly from manufacturer or thru someone like 2nd swing, you get charged the differential on the shaft, not the full rate. At CC you literally pay for two shafts, it's just that they only give you one.

I think once they find something that sort of works, they will steer you towards the most expensive options of a shaft instead of possibly finding something of similar performance that's cheaper.
Exactly right. After my last fitting too I think they've become more aware of people taking their spec and bringing it somehwere else to price because I got pushed really hard into the shaft that no one has as an upgrade option.

I have a couple friends who really benefitted from the fitting and clubs that they purchased through Club Champion.

My experience wasn’t as good as theirs. I believe it was because the fitter they used wasn’t available when I had my fitting.

I paid for my fitting and chose not to purchase anything.

Recently was fit for some new shafts by an independent fitter and was very impressed with the fitting and the shafts he recommended. The new shafts are performing extremely well for me.

My takeaway from all of my fitting experiences over the years is that the experience and ability of the fitter is more important than where they are working.

Back