Club Champion putter fitting

Awesome reading about your experience and results @Doubleb21 .

It sounds like you got the "full monty" out of the process. Reading through your report I'm intrigued to see how I would fare - may have to try and hook up with TXG when they're allowed to reopen. We don't have Club Champions in Canada, so I think they're my best option.

Thanks a lot Brian (@Doubleb21). :mad:

I went into Club Champion in Scottsdale and besides loft, lie, face balanced, and swing weight my current putter is perfect. LOL

So I kind of knew some of the issues that the data showcased. Basically I come in open and slide across the face (putter slice!) but I do it consistently. I need to add some weight to putter as my current gamer is at a C1 swing weight when really I need to be at a D4 so it was close. o_O I deloft the putter so I need to add more loft and I need a face balanced blade putter. He fit me into a SIK Jo putter and once I started I made, no joke, 15 putts in a row with it. I can't wait to see what the Morgan Cup putter will be as I may need to increase my putter collection with this SIK putter.

LOL glad I could help! It is nice to be armed with that info now. I look forward to seeing your new SIK putter someday 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I’ll have more later but the experience was fantastic. My fitter, Bryce Perkins, was exceptional. @Club Champion, you’ve got a good one in him.

Upon arrival at the shop, Bryce introduced himself and welcomed me. He asked the question I dreaded the most - what’s your miss? I gave him the nickel version of what I posted earlier in this thread, i.e., it’s everything. He explained the fitting process to me and how we would proceed.

He had me hit a few with my gamer. It was sort of like being sick and making a doctor’s appointment for a week or so out. When you get there, you aren’t sick anymore. Today I made some putts but missed left and right, too.

We got set up with the SAM and I hit 7 putts. I thought I had a decent amount of rotation in my stroke but it isn’t that much. He said my stroke was pretty consistent and my aim was consistently left of target. I have a rise angle of 2.8° up and a launch of 2.4° up. My loft is 1.5° and lie is 67°. The recommendation was a mallet with 30° to 45° of toe hang. The SAM report is attached. I know it’s sideways. It came that was but I don’t know how to fix it on an iPad.

The putters he selected for me:

Spider SR Flowneck

1617503396683.png

Spider S-platinum L-Neck

1617503425482.png

Cameron Phantom X 5.5

1617503582783.jpeg

Betti Queen B11

4B687CBA-0CF3-483E-90F0-32807542B65F.jpeg

Betti Inovai 6.0

EE3467D9-7348-423C-A229-8A77E40075E6.png

Ping Hepple Tyne 3

6F66033C-DEEC-4970-8C60-5D48DE87D1D1.jpeg

WHOG 7S

C04DE64B-5D17-4A1D-A47D-9AEB3717125B.jpeg

I didn’t care for the feel of either Spider and emoted them from consideration quickly. I liked the look of the Queen B but the head was heavier than I prefer. The Cameron was nice. I made some putts with it. Same with the Betti Inovai. And I really, really liked the blue. The Heppler was next. I really dug it. The WHOG 7S was sweet! I love that insert! I made more putts with it and the Heppler than all the others combined. Bryce added an inch in length to the Heppler and it made a great positive difference in my set-up. It helped alleviate some back pain that I was starting to have. It was back and forth with the Ping and the WHOG but I couldn’t quite get the Inovai or the Phantom X 5.5 out of mind. Eventually, it came down to the Ping and Odyssey. I tried a 37” putter and loved it. Bryce really liked my posture and alignment with the extra length. So, it’s still Odyssey or Ping. Speed was great with both. I liked loved the feel of the WHOG insert so I selected the WHOG 7S Stroke Lab at 37”. For whatever reason, my stroke and aim were better with a smaller grip, so we went with a Lamkin Deep Etched.

As @Doubleb21 said, the customer service was top notch. I thoroughly enjoyed my time @Club Champion with Bryce. He carefully explained every step to me. If the Memphis CC is closest to you and you want to try a fitting, give Bryce a call. It was a phenomenal experience.

Attachments

• Rusty Brown putter.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I have been struggling with the flat stick lately. I just feel I have no consistency at all when I step up to the ball.
I'm a big fan of fittings. But if you are correct and you "have no consistency at all" I don't see a putter fitting helping much.

Edit: I see from the above that you had the fitting and were a lot more consistent than you thought--just consistently left. THAT a fitting can help work out.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot Brian (@Doubleb21). :mad:

I went into Club Champion in Scottsdale and besides loft, lie, face balanced, and swing weight my current putter is perfect. LOL

So I kind of knew some of the issues that the data showcased. Basically I come in open and slide across the face (putter slice!) but I do it consistently. I need to add some weight to putter as my current gamer is at a C1 swing weight when really I need to be at a D4 so it was close. o_O I deloft the putter so I need to add more loft and I need a face balanced blade putter. He fit me into a SIK Jo putter and once I started I made, no joke, 15 putts in a row with it. I can't wait to see what the Morgan Cup putter will be as I may need to increase my putter collection with this SIK putter.
Man, I really really enjoyed rolling the SIK putters yesterday. The feel though is very unique, little firm. But the science of the face is the real deal.

I'm a big fan of fittings. But if you are correct and you "have no consistency at all" I don't see a putter fitting helping much.

Edit: I see from the above that you had the fitting and were a lot more consistent than you thought--just consistently left. THAT a fitting can help work out.
See, I’m on the other side. Putting in particular is the one that benefits most from a fitting if you’ve no consistency at all.

Upon arrival at the shop, Bryce introduced himself and welcomed me. He asked the question I dreaded the most - what’s your miss? I gave him the nickel version of what I posted earlier in this thread, i.e., it’s everything. He explained the fitting process to me and how we would proceed.

He had me hit a few with my gamer. It was sort of like being sick and making a doctor’s appointment for a week or so out. When you get there, you aren’t sick anymore. Today I made some putts but missed left and right, too.

We got set up with the SAM and I hit 7 putts. I thought I had a decent amount of rotation in my stroke but it isn’t that much. He said my stroke was pretty consistent and my aim was consistently left of target. I have a rise angle of 2.8° up and a launch of 2.4° up. My loft is 1.5° And lieu’s 67°. The recommendation was a mallet with 30° to 45° of toe hang. The SAM report is attached. I know it’s sideways. It came that was but I don’t know how to fix it on an iPad.

Spider SR Flowneck

View attachment 9001291

Spider S-platinum L-Neck

View attachment 9001292

Cameron Phantom X 5.5

View attachment 9001294

Betti Queen B11

View attachment 9001295

Betti Inovai 6.0

View attachment 9001296

Ping Hepple Tyne 3

View attachment 9001297

WHOG 7S

View attachment 9001298

I didn’t care for the feel of either Spider and emoted them from consideration quickly. I liked the look of the Queen B but the head was heavier than I prefer. The Cameron was nice. I made some putts with it. Same with the Betti Inovai. And I really, really liked the blue. The Heppler was next. I really dug it. The WHOG 7S was sweet! I love that insert! I made more putts with it and the Heppler than all the others combined. Bryce added an inch in length to the Heppler and it made a great positive difference in my set-up. It helped alleviate some back pain that I was starting to have. It was back and forth with the Ping and the WHOG but I couldn’t quite get the Inovai or the Phantom X 5.5 out of mind. Eventually, it came down to the Ping and Odyssey. I tried a 37” putter and loved it. Bryce really liked my posture and alignment with the extra length. So, it’s still Odyssey or Ping. Speed was great with both. I liked loved the feel of the WHOG insert so I selected the WHOG 7S Stroke Lab at 37”. For whatever reason, my stroke and aim were better with a smaller grip, so we went with a Lamkin Deep Etched.

As @Doubleb21 said, the customer service was top notch. I thoroughly enjoyed my time @Club Champion with Bryce. He carefully explained every step to me. If the Memphis CC is closest to you and you want to try a fitting, give Bryce a call. It was a phenomenal experience.
This is excellent stuff my man!

I am going to start this review off saying that the fee for the fitting is worth EVERY PENNY!

My appt was at 3pm this aft. I arrived about 2:45 and when i walked in i was greeted by Corey Pangle. Corey was super cool and very excited to help me figure out what was happening with my putting. We talked a bit about what i wanted out of the fitting and he explained the process and what i should expect. I took a quick walk around to look at the new store and drool over all of the shafts and heads available to hit. They had 2 bays with the trackman's all set up. The store looked nice was well thought out.

I went back up and Corey had installed a sensor on my current putter and i proceeded to hit 7 putts. Once that was done went dove into the data. My putting stroke was pretty straight back and forward. In looking at the graph i thought it was all over lol. I tend to start with the face a little closed also. My set up over the ball was good and consistent each time also. The recommendation was a blade or a mallet. I told him i wanted a mallet for the forgiveness i needed all the help i can get.

We then started looking at the loft and lie adjustments i needed. My loft adjustments needs to be 2 down and my lie angle needs to be at 74 a full 4 different than stock. The report is very detailed and easy to read.

With that over we started trying out putters. I tried cameron's, some Bettinardis, pings and Odyssey's along with the Cleveland line. What felt the best to me were the Odyssey putters. We dialed it down to the 2ball ten with one single line for aiming and the new Rossi white hot. He made some adjustments to get the putter as close as he could to my specs and i started rolling putts from all over their putting area. The clear winner was the 2ball Ten! The way the ball rolled off that putter for me was exceptional. I drained putts from all over that putting area. The speed control and the feel were great.

Needless to say i have a new 2ball ten on order with the proper adjustments for me. I did get the Odyssey grip in the larger version. I know they are slammed but i am hoping it is sooner than the 6 weeks i was told.

My overall experience was great. I think @Club Champion has a solid operation and the staff at our Tucson store was fantastic. One thing i will say is Corey told me anytime i needed anything to just call him. If i want to try a new club come up and try it. Grips installed he will handle it, want to get a number on my clubs on the trackman we can get that done. That is exceptional customer service and very much appreciated!

I am attaching my Sam lab report but i see it is sideways anyone know how to fix that?

Bissell Brian SAM Report.pdf
View attachment 9001162View attachment 9001163
Nice review.
I think I'm going to schedule a putter fitting with them. I'll be calling them Monday.
I've always been a decent putter, and love messing with different putters.
My preference through the years has been for blades with 4 O'clock or more toe hang, so plumbers or flow necks. I also putt well with heel shafted blades or #9/Del Mar head shapes.
I feel green reading holds me back more than my choice of putters, but...
I'm intrigued by the SAM system and wonder what it will reveal......

Last edited:
Nice review.
I think I'm going to schedule a putter fitting with them. I'll be calling them Monday.
I've always been a decent putter, and love messing with different putters.
My preference through the years has been for blades with 4 O'clock or more toe hang, so plumbers or flow necks. I also putt well with heel shafted blades or #9/Del Mar head shapes.
I feel green reading holds me back more than my choice of putters, but...
I'm intrigued by the SAM system and wonder what it will reveal......

Cant wait to see the results!

We got set up with the SAM and I hit 7 putts. I thought I had a decent amount of rotation in my stroke but it isn’t that much. He said my stroke was pretty consistent and my aim was consistently left of target. I have a rise angle of 2.8° up and a launch of 2.4° up. My loft is 1.5° and lie is 67°. The recommendation was a mallet with 30° to 45° of toe hang. The SAM report is attached. I know it’s sideways. It came that was but I don’t know how to fix it on an iPad.

Spider SR Flowneck

View attachment 9001291

Spider S-platinum L-Neck

View attachment 9001292

Cameron Phantom X 5.5

View attachment 9001294

Betti Queen B11

View attachment 9001295

Betti Inovai 6.0

View attachment 9001296

Ping Hepple Tyne 3

View attachment 9001297

WHOG 7S

View attachment 9001298

Very cool @Parrot now the hard part we have to wait 🤣. I really liked the blue betti also but it was not the right one for me.

Spider SR Flowneck

View attachment 9001291

Spider S-platinum L-Neck

View attachment 9001292

Cameron Phantom X 5.5

View attachment 9001294

Betti Queen B11

View attachment 9001295

Betti Inovai 6.0

View attachment 9001296

Ping Hepple Tyne 3

View attachment 9001297

WHOG 7S

View attachment 9001298

Did Bryce make suggestions for changing/improving your technique, such as grip, posture, and, or, alignment ?

No
Did Bryce make suggestions for changing/improving your technique, such as grip, posture, and, or, alignment ?
He pointed out my tendency to be aimed left and moved me to straight on which looked really right. He liked my grip and posture, especially when we went to the longer putter.

Very cool @Parrot now the hard part we have to wait 🤣. I really liked the blue betti also but it was not the right one for me.
Yes sir. Tom Petty had it right!

That blue almost got me to go Betti anyway!

Man, I really really enjoyed rolling the SIK putters yesterday. The feel though is very unique, little firm. But the science of the face is the real deal.
If I didn't have a Morgan Cup putter to look forward to then I would have been down with the Sikness right away. Yes it was a little clicky ar first but once I started making some putts with it the click went away. Funny how that happens🤣

Got an email last nigh that the target delivery date is 04/21! I like how @Club Champion keeps you in the loop and informed!

My fitter at CC took my Odyssey Tuttle I have and bent it as close as he could for me to get me by until arrival of my Ten! Today was 32 putts with 4 one putts. Only one 3 putt a huge difference. Stellar service from him for doing that.

I am hoping to see a shipping notice here soon!

Looks good @Parrot you heading straight to the putting green for practice loL!
I’ll be there in the morning!

THP, I can’t recommend CC highly enough. I had my putter shipped to the CC store. Bryce, my fitter, had me hit several putts to make sure that I was happy with it. And, I am! Just a thoroughly enjoyable experience and excellent service.

Back