Mmaynard11

Grandaddy Captain Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
How often do you guys clean your clubs? What do you use?

After every round. Water and a soft brush on the heads and just a little bit of Dawn liquid on the grips

I clean mine after every 1-3 rounds usually.

I clean mine as needed. If I play in wet conditions, its after every round. In the middle of the summer when its more dry and they dont accumulate as much dirt and grass, I may not clean them for a month or more.

After every round. Water and a soft brush on the heads and just a little bit of Dawn liquid on the grips
I need to do this more often. Depending on how dirty they are I will not clean them.

Nowhere even close to enough. Usually some water and a brush/towel

Every couple of rounds or range sessions. But I always try to have a wet towel during a round to keep the grooves of my irons as clean as possible.

I wipe my clubs during the round to keep the grooves clean. I'll do a full clean about once every month or after a range session when the turf is super wet.

I keep a brush and cloth on my bag and wipe them off after every round, and as needed. They get a thorough cleaning with warm water and dish liquid every 5 rounds or so.

Generally after every round and every range session where it’s been raining or sticky

I carry a brush and hit the grooves after every shot, good deep cleaning every third round or so, unless its a wet day, then they get cleaned when i get home

Use a wet towel and clean after every shot so grooves are clean and look good. Probably give all clubs a soapy bath once every 2 weeks.

I don't do this enough unfortunately. Usually I'll clean them every 2 to 3 rounds, with wedges being wiped down after every shot. Probably should be doing it after every round.

I’m constantly wiping them down but I rarely give them a full clean.

As long as the grooves are clean I’m good

I clean mine after every shot. Once I get home it’s some dish soap and warm waters to get any excess dirt off and leave them ready for the next round.

After every shot. Wet towel. Brass brush hanging from my bag.

Monthly dishwashing detergent. Brush and towel.

And they still look like they went to war. :mad:;):Puma:

Every few rounds.. Warm water with a little dish detergent in it and a soft plastic scrub brush

Clean the iron and wedge faces after every shot. Thorough cleaning of the whole set once a month. Use and old toothbrush, dawn and warm water to clean the clubheads and Gripes to clean the grips.

After every shot they get wiped off, when I get home they get cleaned with a toothbrush and dial soap and warm water. Once a month I clean the grips the same way. Any ball used gets scrubbed also, if scuffed or knicked they get tossed in the practice bag.
If you need to shine the clubs up, magic eraser works great.

Generally clean every 3-5 rounds. Or if I have plans to play a course I don't get a chance to play very often, I will always clean them no matter when I cleaned them last. Warm water, soap and a brush always get the job done

I wipe them after every shot, but after each round I spend about 5 minutes in the garage with windex and a toothbrush cleaning and drying them.

Back