Club Corp Play Away Membership Highlighted Options

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Since we intro'd this membership a few months back we know a number of THPers jumped in and have had a good experience. We got some questions about the best courses included and some of the dining highlights and honestly didn't know the answer.

So we reached out to Club Corp for their perspective and have a fun little interview on the home page here.

The food is SPECTACULAR!!!

Check out my review of the Play Away program.

20190803_195043.jpg20190803_200125.jpg20190803_201815.jpg20190803_201840.jpg20190803_201852.jpg20190803_201859.jpg20190817_200145.jpg20190817_201442.jpg20190817_201450.jpg

This is something I think will definitely be on the radar for 2020. The chance to play Firestone twice a month is pretty tough to pass up. And the food is icing on the cake. Literally

I am heading to Tampa next weekend to play two rounds of golf and eat at the Centre Club. I have decided to leave my clubs at home and take advantage of the complimentary Taylormade rental clubs. That will save me the baggage fee and I not having to lug them around will be great.

A buddy of mine just made a trip through Waco, stopped at Baylor because you can eat at the restaurant I think in the football stadium? Said it was good and also stopped at the UT golf Club in Austin for dinner, said the lamb he got was some of the best he had, all on the cheap.

I am considering it myself as much as I travel.

A buddy of mine just made a trip through Waco, stopped at Baylor because you can eat at the restaurant I think in the football stadium? Said it was good and also stopped at the UT golf Club in Austin for dinner, said the lamb he got was some of the best he had, all on the cheap.

I am considering it myself as much as I travel.

This program works perfect for me and Carol. We go on weekend trips many times a year to the hill country anyway. A round at a private country club and a killer meal only make these trips better. When the weather cools off we are going to do some hiking around the Dallas area and try to play some courses up that way.

60/mo is a hella good deal.

This program works perfect for me and Carol. We go on weekend trips many times a year to the hill country anyway. A round at a private country club and a killer meal only make these trips better. When the weather cools off we are going to do some hiking around the Dallas area and try to play some courses up that way.

There are plenty, I am actually playing with a friend today who has the travel membership at Canyon Creek in Richardson.

Stone bridge and Craig Ranch in McKinney are very nice. Played stone briar in Frisco, super nice. Brookhaven in Dallas I have played a few times also.

I’m thinking I’m going to join this, I can take advantage of this program in TX and FL. DALLAS has some great opportunities and I do get to West Palm Beach a couple time a year and I could play PGA National.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m thinking I’m going to join this, I can take advantage of this program in TX and FL. DALLAS has some great opportunities and I do get to West Palm Beach a couple time a year and I could play PGA National.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Is PGA National Club Corp?

Dang! I'm in Vegas and could be using this later this week.

Tapt on my Honor 7X

I have had this membership for about 18 months now and have played everywhere from CA to FL, MI to TX and most places in between. It was/is a great membership when I was traveling for work. I got to play some great courses. With that being said I am no longer traveling for work, so it almost seems like a waste for me. But I haven't cancelled yet, so if someone is looking to play somewhere I would be in.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Is PGA National Club Corp?
Yeah it is part of club corp. I actually got to play it a couple weeks before the tournament this year. It was lots of fun.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

@MWard is about to dive in.

Little gutted Haigs point isn’t part of the program. I’m sure I’d still be able to play there, but probably not for the complimentary round. Eh, oh well. If it got me on there and it wasn’t $250+, win win.

Last edited:
Little gutted Haigs point isn’t part of the program. I’m sure I’d still be able to play there, but probably not for the complimentary round. Eh, oh well. If it got me on there and it wasn’t $250+, win win.

I think that changes with Haig in 2020.
Did you sign up?

I think that changes with Haig in 2020.
Did you sign up?

“Application submitted” which means wait and see. Did you know my parents happen to be 102mi from KP? Fancy that... ?

Firestone is 140 miles for me. I feel like this deal is good enough just for that for me.

I’ve heard @badolds rave about this. I have three clubcorp courses in the area and it would be worth it to play there.

“Application submitted” which means wait and see. Did you know my parents happen to be 102mi from KP? Fancy that... ?

How odd :ROFLMAO:

I’ve heard @badolds rave about this. I have three clubcorp courses in the area and it would be worth it to play there.

Its the best deal for anybody that likes to travel. You just have to live 100 miles from the courses.

How odd :ROFLMAO:

Its the best deal for anybody that likes to travel. You just have to live 100 miles from the courses.

yeah, I just read that. Luckily San Antonio is not that far and with family there we can make a family weekend out of it.

also I have @Nate in Dallas so that gives me an excuse to go see him more.

yeah, I just read that. Luckily San Antonio is not that far and with family there we can make a family weekend out of it.

also I have @Nate in Dallas so that gives me an excuse to go see him more.

I’m convinced its the best deal in golf for anybody that travels even a little bit. The dining alone is worth it.

I’m convinced its the best deal in golf for anybody that travels even a little bit. The dining alone is worth it.

the waiving of the $1000 initiation fee is worth it even if I don’t use it more than 3 or 4 times year. I blow $60 a month on coffee alone so I can find $60 for this.

the waiving of the $1000 initiation fee is worth it even if I don’t use it more than 3 or 4 times year. I blow $60 a month on coffee alone so I can find $60 for this.

I have friends down in S FL. While we’ve been able to get onto the Champ course at PGA for nothing and next to nothing, it’s nice to be able to use it myself on a whim if I so choose.

I have friends down in S FL. While we’ve been able to get onto the Champ course at PGA for nothing and next to nothing, it’s nice to be able to use it myself on a whim if I so choose.

You are going to love it

Back