Club Corp Play Away Membership Highlighted Options

I have only one bad thing to say about the play away program. It is next to impossible to get a morning tee time. The rules state that you cannot play before noon on weekends which is fine but what they do not tell you is that the courses have the final say on what tee times are available. I usually play on Monday and drive back home the same day, an afternoon tee time does not work well in that scenario. My wife does not play golf although she rides in the cart when we are out of town. If I cannot play until after noon on the weekend its hard to plan an activity before the round, If I can play early we have the rest of the day to do something else and my wife is happy. Unfortunately this is not acceptable for us and I am going to cancel my membership as soon as my contract is up.

Yeah that would be a trouble. For me its the exact opposite. The courses empty out more in the afternoon and then after the round I use their facilities to clean up and cash in on the great meals that are included.

Yeah that would be a trouble. For me its the exact opposite. The courses empty out more in the afternoon and then after the round I use their facilities to clean up and cash in on the great meals that are included.

So I havent actually looked into this membership thing very much. Obviously living within 30-40 mins of Firestone Id be unable to play there. So, seeing as you know i travel fairly frequently, do you think its worth whatever the price is for as much as i travel?

So I havent actually looked into this membership thing very much. Obviously living within 30-40 mins of Firestone Id be unable to play there. So, seeing as you know i travel fairly frequently, do you think its worth whatever the price is for as much as i travel?

Dude it is worth the price for the food alone, if your travel brings you to areas that have options. For instance, let's say you are in Tampa or Orlando for business. You hit up Centre Club or Citrus Club (I think that is the Orlando one) for an amazing meal that would normally be over $100 a person easy.

I agree with JB that the food is worth it alone. If afternoon tee times work for you then I would go for it. I have payed to play at a non Club corp course to make a weekend trip work out. There has never been trouble getting reservations at the restaurants.

Dude it is worth the price for the food alone, if your travel brings you to areas that have options. For instance, let's say you are in Tampa or Orlando for business. You hit up Centre Club or Citrus Club (I think that is the Orlando one) for an amazing meal that would normally be over $100 a person easy.
Sooooo......how does that work? just like any other club where they bill your account? There are free included meals? I guess i skimmed when i read it a number of months ago and was in a transition to my now, new company.

Sooooo......how does that work? just like any other club where they bill your account? There are free included meals? I guess i skimmed when i read it a number of months ago and was in a transition to my now, new company.

Free meals included my friend. Do it once every other month and it pays for the whole darn thing. My last meal at Centre Club was over $200 before drinks.

Free meals included my friend. Do it once every other month and it pays for the whole darn thing. My last meal at Centre Club was over $200 before drinks.
wow. thats nuts. Again, it needs to be outside of a certain radius of your home or business location? (im reading through the application and their website as we speak.)

wow. thats nuts. Again, it needs to be outside of a certain radius of your home or business location? (im reading through the application and their website as we speak.)

Here.

have you taken guests to these dining locations? Can they pay for their own meals? Can I just bill that to my account? Does it matter how many i bring? Assuming the free 4 course meal only applies to me. Regardless that's a crazzzzzzzzy savings if you dedicate to just using those benefits. lol

I have only one bad thing to say about the play away program. It is next to impossible to get a morning tee time. The rules state that you cannot play before noon on weekends which is fine but what they do not tell you is that the courses have the final say on what tee times are available. I usually play on Monday and drive back home the same day, an afternoon tee time does not work well in that scenario. My wife does not play golf although she rides in the cart when we are out of town. If I cannot play until after noon on the weekend its hard to plan an activity before the round, If I can play early we have the rest of the day to do something else and my wife is happy. Unfortunately this is not acceptable for us and I am going to cancel my membership as soon as my contract is up.
That's a bummer, I joined hoping I could do some morning tee times during the week so I could drive places early and still make it home in the same day. There are quite a few courses on the list for me to do that with. I'm sure I'll still make it worthwhile though.

have you taken guests to these dining locations? Can they pay for their own meals? Can I just bill that to my account? Does it matter how many i bring? Assuming the free 4 course meal only applies to me. Regardless that's a crazzzzzzzzy savings if you dedicate to just using those benefits. lol

You know, I dont know. @badolds can answer that, but I would assume the 4 free meals would be fine for 2 times 2 people.

You know, I dont know. @badolds can answer that, but I would assume the 4 free meals would be fine for 2 times 2 people.

I believe you can include your spouse in the meals as well. So 2 free meals and you pay tip/tax is the way I read it.

The food and golf benefits apply to you and your spouse so at the restaurant two of your meals would be covered. I know that you can pay for non members to play golf with you but I am unsure how it would work for food. I am certain that they could join you and pay but you need to check with Club Corp for the details.

The food and golf benefits apply to you and your spouse so at the restaurant two of your meals would be covered. I know that you can pay for non members to play golf with you but I am unsure how it would work for food. I am certain that they could join you and pay but you need to check with Club Corp for the details.

Yeah I assume I can just pay for my guest, because I am certain in the past I have done so.
@PKorf you can call and they will answer it, but I am nearly positive that it works that way.

Its worth mentioning that you have to pay a cart fee at the course which ranges between 15-20 bucks and there is a small service charge for the food. The food bill for us both usually comes out to 25-40 bucks without alcohol but we tip based on the menu prices not the discounted total.

That's a bummer, I joined hoping I could do some morning tee times during the week so I could drive places early and still make it home in the same day. There are quite a few courses on the list for me to do that with. I'm sure I'll still make it worthwhile though.

There are enough courses included around Firestone to make it worth a couple day trip

There are enough courses included around Firestone to make it worth a couple day trip

TPC Michigan and Firestone are the 2 I'm really excited about up that way

What's been the cart fees for those that have been doing this for awhile?

@mikeg_74 We might need to do this buddy. Austin alone has The University of Texas golf club, which for $60 a month if we only played once there would more than pay for it. The Traditions CC at college station I hear is awesome too.

What's been the cart fees for those that have been doing this for awhile?

@mikeg_74 We might need to do this buddy. Austin alone has The University of Texas golf club, which for $60 a month if we only played once there would more than pay for it. The Traditions CC at college station I hear is awesome too.

Look up a few posts :LOL:

Look up a few posts :LOL:
Yea, saw the $15-20 w/ @badolds just seeing if that was "standard". I bought some golf pass many years ago that gave you "free" green fees but you paid for the cart. When we got to the course it was $45 cart fees each. Ha. Just making sure it wasn't something like that, but I guess each club will be different.

Yea, saw the $15-20 w/ @badolds just seeing if that was "standard". I bought some golf pass many years ago that gave you "free" green fees but you paid for the cart. When we got to the course it was $45 cart fees each. Ha. Just making sure it wasn't something like that, but I guess each club will be different.

The highest I have ever seen was $26 at Club Corp. Most are right around $20

Quail Hollow is a nice place and so is Silver Lake. But, Firestone has 3 courses........the other courses listed that are in the program but arent free are actually my personal home clubs (Fox Meadow, Weymouth, Signature of Solon) all nice.

@MWard did you get your info yet?

The highest I have ever seen was $26 at Club Corp. Most are right around $20

Pretty sure the cart fees at Firestone were over $30 when i was a member there. Either that or its just under $30.

Pretty sure the cart fees at Firestone were over $30 when i was a member there. Either that or its just under $30.

I think they charged me $26 at the THP Event this past year, but that might be a different thing.

Back