Mmaynard11

Grandaddy Captain Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Lately I’ve been finding left clubs around the green. It baffles me that one could forget a club after finishing a hole. Today I found a wedge & a 7i on back to back holes. Come to find out it was from the group in front of you.

So question...have you ever left a club green side?

I can’t recall ever leaving a club green side....now I may have left one next to the tee box before. 😂

I’ve only ever left one club....it was my putter. How the hell do I do that? Drop my putter to pick up the ball and just leave it? To be fair it was on my third time ever golfing and I left it on the last hole but still, how do I leave my putter :LOL::LOL:

It’s been a very long time since I’ve left a club behind. Hasn’t happened since i bought my own clubs with my money. That said, I have friends who seem to be a club down every few rounds.

I’ve only ever left one club....it was my putter. How the hell do I do that? Drop my putter to pick up the ball and just leave it? To be fair it was on my third time ever golfing and I left it on the last hole but still, how do I leave my putter :LOL::LOL:
Hahahah maybe you thought it was time to find a new putter?
Or honey I lost my putter now I need to buy the Scotty Cameron. I need to try that next time out.

Well I am getting pretty old and my memory is not that good anymore, but I can't remember

leaving a club behind ever. I have found quite a few left behind on the green though.

From memory I’ve had my friend lose a putter cover but I can’t think of me leaving a club.

I did play earlier this year with a guy who managed to:

A - leave his putter on first green
B - figure it out on second green then run all the way back to first green
C - check with group behind us then run back to catch up with us to inform as that not only had he not found his club but the group didn’t have it either

He then proceeded to putt out with whatever wedge he used (& was pretty good)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From memory I’ve had my friend lose a putter cover but I can’t think of me leaving a club.

I did play earlier this year with a guy who managed to:

A - leave his putter on first green
B - figure it out on second green then run all the way back to first green
C - check with group behind us then run back to catch up with us to inform as that not only had he not found his club but the group didn’t have it either

He then proceeded to putt out with whatever wedge he used (& was pretty good)

Wow...how did that go for him?

Oh, I've left a club. I don't know how many times. Probably a few. Usually when I'm really preoccupied with managing my wife, or helping out some other inexperienced player with something. Figure it out pretty quickly and run back for it or wait until the end of the round, depending on where I'm playing and whatnot. I've lost countless putter covers, but that's from them coming off, not from leaving them behind.

I haven’t had it happen yet... but definitely found them or reminded guys to grab theirs.

Can't say I've never done it, but it's been many years since the last time.

We're almost always in carts, so I take my clubhead covers off and throw them in the basket on the cart before I go to my shot, and replace them before I put the club back in the bag. I leave irons/wedges on the green, directly in my path back to the cart so I'd have to walk right over them if I didn't pick them up. The guys I normally play with are good about scanning the green and calling out "clubs?" before we walk off too, so it rarely happens in our regular group.

I can only remember doing it once. My brother does it a lot and it drives me crazy.

I have left one club around a green. It was 18, and it was dark. I was with some friends and we were just trying to get out of there. I chipped up to the green whilst also carrying my putter, set the wedge down, putted out and went home.

Realized my mistake the next day. Pro shop had the club and all was well.

That’s one of the best parts of this game, things happen, things get forgotten but as a general rule, it will get picked up & given to the drinks cart or be picked up at the pro shop being returned by a fellow golfer.

That’s one of the best parts of this game, things happen, things get forgotten but as a general rule, it will get picked up & given to the drinks cart or be picked up at the pro shop being returned by a fellow golfer.
We're lucky in that my club is pretty small and the people who play there are mostly members and/or regulars, so almost everything found on the course gets turned into the pro shop. A friend of mine brought his teenage nephew out to play a few months ago and he managed to lose 3 clubs on the course in one round! Fortunately they were all turned in.

A shipmate who taught me the game got me in the habit of always laying my clubs where I will walk off the green. I never left a club laying greenside in my life, at least that I can remember.

I did forget a club in the trees once. I carried a 6 & 7 into the tree line and leaned the 6 against a tree. I remember hitting a nice shot with the 7 and I forgot to pick up my 6 iron in the excitement. A old timer in our blitz with a weak bladder found it for me. :giggle: He instantly knew it was mine because I was the only guy in the association with copper faced Tourney's.

Has been a long time, and only happened once. I bought a new Vokey 60 degree, and took it for the first time to a corporate day at Gleneagles a few years ago. Managed to leave it on the side of one green, and very disappointingly, nobody handed it in. I called the pro-shop every day for about a fortnight, but someone grabbed themselves a brand new Vokey that day.

Yes. I have.

I've found other peoples clubs, too and have always returned them to the pro shop.

Just last week I was picking my son up from practice and there was a putter laying on a picnic table under the pavilion By the 18th hole. I took it to the pro shop and the guy behind the counter didn’t seem too surprised.

I find other people's clubs all the time, usually wedges. Found a nice Bushnell laser once too. Normally the person who lost one comes back looking before I get back around to the clubhouse to turn it in. I did bring the laser straight to the clubhouse since it was right there on the bench beside #10 tee.

Personally I've never left a club at the course, I'm more of a cell phone, laser, or yeti left in the cart idiot:oops: As clubs go, I did manage to leave my set of 3 brand new CBX wedges at a driving range on the 1st day I owned them. Couldn't hit them at the course when mine were delivered because there was a heavy sleety rain falling. Excited to try them, I stopped at a covered heated range on the way home. The rain stopped and after hitting a some off the mats I just had to try some wet turf chips/pitches etc in the little short game spot outside the covered area. Just forgot about them being there when I left. First order of business when I pulled into garage was to wash the mud off my new toys :oops::cry: Thankfully they were still out there when I called the range attendant.

Last edited:
Lately I’ve been finding left clubs around the green. It baffles me that one could forget a club after finishing a hole. Today I found a wedge & a 7i on back to back holes. Come to find out it was from the group in front of you.

So question...have you ever left a club green side?
According to the local golf shop owner he is seeing a lot of people this year that are getting serious about golf for the first time or picking the game back up after a long time not playing so I bet people are just not fully into all those rhythms we know from years of playing. I see my son put clubs in weird places all the time too. I always remind him to put them where he will walk by them on the way back to his bag or the cart, don't set them in the rough where they're hard to see, etc. No one remembers these things till they lose their favorite greenside weapon forever.

Back