Club fitting and immediate results.

Castpro

Reaction score
Handicap
I posted up a couple of weeks ago about the club fitting experience Kim and I had at the Golf Performance Center at Sea Island on June 10th.

I wanted to post a follow-up after two rounds with the new fitted clubs.

Wow.

I played on Friday with my brother and shot a solid 84 the first round with the new sticks. My personal best score had been an 81 (twice) so I thought the 84 was pretty good. This afternoon my wife and I played 18. It was one of those days when everything was working. Only missed two fairways (only one with the new R15 driver) hit 9 GIR and had several approach shots land with a couple feet of the green. The new XR irons are just awesome pin seekers... :) . Putter was working well too.

Went 40/38 for a personal best 78.... :twist:

For anyone considering a club fitting, all I can say is find a quality fitter and DO IT!!! It seems to have made a big difference for me.

Tommy

JMN57

Reaction score
Handicap
In flux
I got fit last year (JPX-850s + new driver/3W/hybrids & wedges from a top 100 USA fitter) and couldn't agree more. In my case, partly the fitting and partly the more updated tech.

I had been playing some King Cobras from the mid-90s and I could immediately tell the difference. I relegated the KC's to a second bag I keep in Little Rock and I even had the shafts changed in them. Tried as much as I could to make them viable for the second bag but I just threw in the towel and bought identical Mizuno JPX-850's for the second bag.

I also tuned my driver (JPX-EZ and a Nike Dymo Str8fit) cutting them to 44" and having the swingweight adjusted to D2 and that has worked out very well.

Borss

Reaction score
Handicap
Enjoy the honeymoon.

Golf 'N Gator

Formally HoosierGolfer
Reaction score
Handicap
Great to hear! Fittings are a must and you can't go wrong with XR irons!

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in