Club fitting - multiple sessions?

JayB

Reaction score
Handicap
I am considering going for a fitting to see what gains can be had over my r15 driver off the rack. Not a big box fitting on a poorly calibrated launch monitor, but some place more intensive.

Does anyone do multiple sessions to dial in a specific club? Two factors that make me think this would be worthwhile; A) could catch my swing on two different days. As a 18 cap, what swing shows up is a bit of a crap shoot each day. B) after a protracted session I will have my swing grooved and then eventually fatigue. Am I really going to be able to zero in on a head and shaft combo before I'm done for the day? Who knows...

Thoughts? Anyone done this and did it help you find the right club?

I am extremely SIM challenged and it always takes me 2-3 times to make a good decision. Now outside off grass, 1 time and pay the man.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I rarely buy a full bag so I have only done one full bag fitting and it was a little tiring but my swing (was a 15 hdcp at the time) didn't change much over the fitting.

If you were doing full bag I would say multiple days would be ideal. For single item 1 session should be adequate for a fitted to dial in what will work best for you.

Just for driver one session should be enough unless your swing is really off that day.

A good fitter should be able to look at your swing and numbers with your current club and a test club and figure out rather quickly head and shaft combos that should produce desirable results.

Then it's trial and error to find what suites your eye, ear and feel and produces good results.

Remember not all heads are the same in design for numbers. Some are low spin, some high spin, lower or higher launch. So don't be surprised if you have an idea of what you want and it's a poor fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of my fittings have been over one session. I wouldn't mind doing multiple to see if the numbers are consistent day to day.

All of my fittings have been over one session. I wouldn't mind doing multiple to see if the numbers are consistent day to day.

That's something I'm fortunate to be able to do since my instructor also does my fitting with his son-in-law the assistant pro. I get to tinker for awhile and check data over a few sessions but it rarely changes from initial results.

That's something I'm fortunate to be able to do since my instructor also does my fitting with his son-in-law the assistant pro. I get to tinker for awhile and check data over a few sessions but it rarely changes from initial results.

That's pretty fortunate. I think if I am going to the time and expense to get fit, I'll let the fitter know I want to come back for a second day and confirm what we settled on. If it cost a few bucks mor to revisit, that will still be cheaper than ending up with the wrong club and going back to the well 6mos later to do it all again...

That's pretty fortunate. I think if I am going to the time and expense to get fit, I'll let the fitter know I want to come back for a second day and confirm what we settled on. If it cost a few bucks mor to revisit, that will still be cheaper than ending up with the wrong club and going back to the well 6mos later to do it all again...

It is and I get to tinker on my own a lot as well both inside and out.

I think that's a good idea and shouldn't be a problem with the fitter.

Do you have idea of where you are going?

It is and I get to tinker on my own a lot as well both inside and out.

I think that's a good idea and shouldn't be a problem with the fitter.

Do you have idea of where you are going?

Not really. I am considering club champion from the store end. I am also considering a couple of pros at local clubs where I have acquaintances as members. I figured I would start making plans after the holiday...

Consider what options they have for fitting and what your willing to spend on the club clubs. Getting fit into an exotic $500 shaft is no good if your not willing to pay for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Consider what options they have for fitting and what your willing to spend on the club clubs. Getting fit into an exotic $500 shaft is no good if your not willing to pay for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

agreed. I don't have a firm budget and am willing to spend some shillings if it shows a clear benefit over my current gamer. Taking the cheap route of cycling through off the rack options turns out to not be so cheap hence my willingness to go a this different route....

Took us about an hour for my driver and about 3-4 hours for my irons.

I don't think multiple fittings or visits are a bad thing. The more information you have the better ultimate decision you can make!

lower bend point you can go slightly stiffer, higher bend point slightly softer...

A good fitter can dial you in pretty quick. Best to just go in with no expectations, know your miss, take your swings and let the fitter give you things to hit.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Back