Clubs in clubs out

Flipit

Aka- ApexFan
Reaction score
Handicap
So as many may know I’ve been playing golf for about 14 months now. It seems like I’ve had a revolving door of clubs in and out of my bag to find what works best for me. I was carrying a lot of wedges for some time (5). I recently have learned to make the shots I need to with fewer wedges. So the 60 degree is out and a 5 iron or hybrid is going in. I’m trying the 5 iron but without much success. The 5 hybrid turned up 2 degree will fill the gap I need but with a higher ball flight than I prefer in that slot. Getting close to having my bag all set.

Do you make many changes in your bag?

Uhhh.... yes? Lol!

I hadn’t made any changes for the better part of a decade and then I joined this place! Now I have a new putter and a new driver on the way. Still less than many, but that’s a big year for me.

Haha, been playing less than 2 years and am on my third bag, started with TM/Wilson, moved to Mizuno/TM and currently am all different Mizuno with a Stroke Lab DW putter. Big bag battle Royale is BB21 Driver ponder! This place is great for the soul but tough on the wallet! 🤣🤣😩

Last edited:
Tons of changes.

What's most interesting is seeing which clubs I gravitate towards over time. My current lob wedge has been replaced several times but I keep going back to this over 2 year old club.

It's more unusual for me to have a club stay in the bag long term. Last year I had the F9 driver in the entire year and the fairways remained unchanged except for the thriver experiment.

Financial constraints has meant budget club changes until this year, now I have too many choices & not enough golf to make them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought my set 2 years ago, and have made lots of changes since. Changed my driver last year to a Ping G400, added a Cobra F8 3-wood, added a Rogue 3 hybrid, changed my putter to a Taylor Made Spider this year, just swapped my gap wedge for a 50 degree Callaway Jaws MD5, and have a fitting next week for Mavrik Pro and Jaws MD5 46 degree. Game improves, clubs change.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Not much, other than putter sometimes to get a different look. I have come to realize when poor performance creeps in it is much more me and my swing than the clubs I am swinging.

Swapped my putter out yesterday with an old bullseye model. It will be in the bag for a few rounds

Thinking about putting a 60* back in to the bag too, will probably take out the 18* hybrid for that

Once I find something I like, I stick with it. My game is far more important to me than what’s actually in the bag.

My bag can be a revolving door. Not because of bad play with ant particular set.. but more for the enjoyment of gear.
My setup right now seems to be pretty solid and should make the winter indoor league. Other than swapping in a PW I'm set.
Whats funny is the set I'm playing now is more demanding. It revealed a bad swing flaw that the previous GI set covered. I was miserable with the short irons till I stumbled upon it.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

I will only make changes if a club isn't working for me.
Or I win my Fantasy Football league!! :)

i make changes slowly. some changes don't last. My bag is setup pretty well. As my swing improves and changes I will go back and test some of the clubs I have liked but pulled in the past.

I changed my bag a lot over the last year. But I have finally settled on a combination that works. I may change one or two clubs but otherwise I am hoping this is it for at least a couple of years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not much, other than putter sometimes to get a different look. I have come to realize when poor performance creeps in it is much more me and my swing than the clubs I am swinging.
Same here, I'm sure part of it is a money thing. But, I find it's rarely the club that's the problem. Almost always the swinger of said club.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

My bag has been a revolving door this year just for the pure fun of it. Everything from 70's blades and persimmon to modern players distance irons to clubs I played in high school.

I went through a lot of clubs several decades ago. That lasted until I finally was fitted, and had a set of clubs built to my specs.

Once I started playing with fitted clubs, there was no need add, and subtract clubs anymore.

The only thing I wish could be done would be for the 14 club limit to be changed to 15 clubs

Only thing done to my bag this year was a set AW came out and a 5H went in to keep to 14 clubs. I think the 54 is coming out and set AW going back in.

If you are like the rest of us your arsenal will be changing many times. I have changed my irons at least every two years and my driver at least once per year for over 30 years.
Although I've had many different putters through tyhe years the one I currently use (TM Daddy Long Leggs) has been in my bag for 5-6 years now it seems.

Have you ever seen the movie Split? Yea my bag has more personalities and goes through more changes than the main character.

I’m too cheap to buy clubs very often, but I have made some changes recently. I bought a driver a few weeks ago. That was an addition, not a replacement. A couple of months ago I swapped out my 2 and 3 Cleveland Mashie hybrids for 3 and 5 Adams Speedline. Just yesterday I took my non-matching set sand wedge out of the bag and put my Tour Edge One Out + back in. I also swapped out my putter for a new one...we’ll see if it sticks.

All I can do is stare at my golf bag with this broken wrist. :(

The Ping had it's turn in the bag for a few days so out of boredom I replaced it with my 8813.

Hahahaha, usually my clubs change with a stiff breeze or a new review product coming in :ROFLMAO:

Only when I have a missing piece or something gives .e real, measurable performance increase

Back