Clubs in clubs out

Contemplating purchasing a driver again to add back to the bag, but if I am 100% honest not sure if I will get much use out of it. It certainly won't come out very often on the home course

If we are honest, most of us know that once we really know what works for us, it is us, not the club. However, for many, including myself, it is just part of the fun to try different things. It’s just another way of using discretionary funds.

I’ve made plenty of changes but mainly with finding the equipment that works for me. I’m fairly content with my bag now with the exception of my irons but I’m planning on getting fitted in a few weeks. After that I might upgrade my 3 wood just for the sake of distance. Also looking to add a 1-iron for the hell of it.

Over 35 years, I've switched iron sets 6 times, putters 4 times, drivers a bunch, wedges a bunch, FWs/Hybrids a few. Most of the changes have been in the last 5 years.
I'm good for now, I think.

Outside of putter my set makeup doesn’t change much. I purchased about 20 hybrids, driving irons, and 3 woods in the last decade but I still game a 2007 Titleist driving iron and just last month replaced my 8 year old 3 wood with a Mavrik SZ, lol. My irons I’ll normally keep for at least 5-6 years although I buy a wedge or two every year. I can’t see myself moving away from a players style cavity back/muscle back set of irons anytime soon.

I’ve carried 10 or 11 irons and 2 or 3 woods for nearly all of my rounds since taking up the game 40+ years ago.

All the time! there are a few slots constantly in rotation - 3/5/7 wood, 5 iron, 4 hybrid.

I am completely flipping the bag as we speak, well, not the Equalizer wedges

Had to take a hybrid out to make room for the new 60* Lob Wedge

My bag used to be a revolving door but once I found a combination that seems to work I meddle with it a lot less

Back