Clubs you wish didn’t work so well for you?

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
This is a different one, what clubs do you have or have had in the past which you wish did t work so well for you?

This is a good one James!

For me currently, it is the 2-ball ten Triple Track combined with the Chrome Soft X Triple Track Golf Ball.

Admittedly, I don't love the looks of the triple track on the putter, it makes it feel "cheap", but as someone who really struggles with starting putts online, it has been a game changer for me.

I'll second triple track balls. I wish I was able to start putts on the right line without it but it just makes such a difference for me.

• Staff
SIM Ti 3w, I want to hate this ******* thing but it keeps ending up back in the bag.

My Callaway X 5 wood, Graffaloy Blue shaft from 2006. I’d like to update that spot in my bag with a modern FW but I just can’t find anything that betters it 🤷🏻‍♂️. Matches certainly but not betters. Plus I’ve got the benefit of all the memories of great shots I’ve hit with it and it’s my most confident and consistent club. At the back of my mind I’m thinking “this thing is 15 years old, think of all the technology you might be missing out on...” But I just can’t give it up 🤣.

Maltby Moment XI putter. Hate that it looks like a dreamsicle but love that it putts like a dream. MOI is 6450 g- cm2

Attachments

• IMG_20200817_163601_kindlephoto-401128305.jpg
    IMG_20200817_163601_kindlephoto-401128305.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 10
Mavrik 3H. I miss my 5W but the results are so much more consistent I just can't go back.

None. If it performs for me, I can't hate it!

Cobra Bio Cell+ with Proforce V2. It’s an older driver with an old, boring shaft that just won’t quit hitting mid/high trajectory lasers.
I really want a sexy new driver, but I see no need.

SIM Ti 3w, I want to hate this ******* thing but it keeps ending up back in the bag.
Re-confirming this afternoon today.

Stupidest crap ever.

Mavrik 3H. I miss my 5W but the results are so much more consistent I just can't go back.

This is a good pick. For me, it makes a utility iron a completely stupid idea, which is a little sad because I like utilities. Nonetheless, its controllable enough off the tee that it keeps me in play most of the time, just automatic and LONG. So much better on mishits than a utility. Over time I've been playing it more and more off the turf and am more confident from 230 out on a Par 5 than ever.

EDIT: I just remembered I also have a Mav 4h, and I hate that thing so much that I bought it Feb. 2020 and have only played with it once... nine months later in November. Have not touched it since. First shot ever on course was fantastic, so was the second. Arguably should be in the bag instead of my 4 iron, willfully ignoring its potential. (y)

My iwi Craz-e putter that started life as a 42" counterbalanced putter

It's now 38" weighs like 450g...I have the 28g weights installed as well. It's brown dot[3* flat].....nothing should work right with this set up

I can't get rid of it......I've tried

I have a pretty old TM putter that makes its way back in to the bag a couple times a year when the new stuff just isn't working. Can't just let it go.

large spaceship looking putters. it’s like the uglier it is the better i putt with it. i wish i could game a traditional anser style putter. but nooooo. i have to take the ugly girl to the dance.

This is a good pick. For me, it makes a utility iron a completely stupid idea, which is a little sad because I like utilities. Nonetheless, its controllable enough off the tee that it keeps me in play most of the time, just automatic and LONG. So much better on mishits than a utility. Over time I've been playing it more and more off the turf and am more confident from 230 out on a Par 5 than ever.

EDIT: I just remembered I also have a Mav 4h, and I hate that thing so much that I bought it Feb. 2020 and have only played with it once... nine months later in November. Have not touched it since. First shot ever on course was fantastic, so was the second. Arguably should be in the bag instead of my 4 iron, willfully ignoring its potential. (y)

My love of the 4H is what got me into the 3H. I also have a 5H for days when I'm feeling extra special or I just want to mess around. 3/4 seem to be the sweet spot for me though.

My love of the 4H is what got me into the 3H. I also have a 5H for days when I'm feeling extra special or I just want to mess around. 3/4 seem to be the sweet spot for me though.

LOL, mine is a 5h! Yeah, I forgot. For gapping I dropped back to the 5 as a 4i replacement. The 3h is basically a 2 in my book.

AF0DB979-7CE1-4CFC-8E5A-3AB7B1751FEE.jpeg

Sure Out wedge…. 60 percent of the time…

I don’t like the look of my 2-ball blade, but man, I just can’t knock it out of the bag. I fear I am going to have to break it before I can buy a new putter

I wish the TaylorMade GAPR wasn't so darn good for me. I would love to try other options but it doesn't make any sense to.

I just spent 10 minutes scanning through the golf room... and I got nothing. I have no ill appreciation for anything of mine. There may be something in never playing something I couldn't stand to love though... :unsure:

TM SIM/SIM2 driver

Back