Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

This driver is the one coming out this year that is really bringing attention to my desire mode! It's liking putting a piece of strawberry pie with whip cream on a plate and saying eat me :hungry:. My taste buds are making me drool all over myself for a piece of this action :cobra:. Blue or silver would be what the Doc would prescribe :thumb:

Gimme some pie!!! :D

Blue is an excellent choice, then I think of blueberry pie with some vanilla pudding...excellent as well! :eat:

Gimme some pie!!! :D

Blue is an excellent choice, then I think of blueberry pie with some vanilla pudding...excellent as well! :eat:

hahaah food analogies are making me hungry.....

Some good thoughts in here on color schemes. I am currently thinking a combo of orange and blue. Maybe orange from the driver and hybrids. Blue for the fairways and Amp Cell irons if I go that route. Pumped to see some new info out today on the Fuel shaft as well.

not 100% sure.
i'm leaning towards going back to the 460cc head this year.
the last two drivers i've had were 440cc, but for what reason? 100% honest...not sure if it helped or hurt me.
and honestly, having the adjustment options, i have no reason to have a driver that goes from 7.5-10.5 in the Pro. for me, i think it would make more sense to have 8.5-11.5

again though, all this could change in a second's time when that PM hits my inbox. :bulgy-eyes:

I suppose this will change many times when I get to hit those...I like my driver to be fade biased, and I'm comfortable with a smaller 440 head, so for the moment the Pro is #1, but as said, this is the ponder stage.

I still wake up, sweating, thinking of hitting the Amp CELL at the AC van stop...

I still wake up, sweating, thinking of hitting the Amp CELL at the AC van stop...

I dream of hitting it as well as you were on the range that day. #bighitter

I dream of hitting it as well as you were on the range that day. #bighitter

dean being modest...

i seen him hit this in Ohio. #bombs
and it was cold out, and the sun was in his eyes, and he didn't get a good nights' sleep, and his abs were sore from laughing at one-t so much during that round.....

JB - I might have missed it, but can you confirm which driver we were hitting at the AC Tour Stop? Pretty sure it had a stiff shaft, but I can't recall if it was the Pro or the standard.

JB - I might have missed it, but can you confirm which driver we were hitting at the AC Tour Stop? Pretty sure it had a stiff shaft, but I can't recall if it was the Pro or the standard.

The standard and people were hitting it really really well.

This is the driver that peaks my interest the most for 2013! I'm getting this craving for another Cobra driver and if it's as good as folks say, it's pretty much got to be had!

The standard and people were hitting it really really well.

Stiff shaft? This is at the top of my ponder list for 2013. Got an RBZ driver last year, but I hit the CELL so well last year, that I would be doing myself a disservice by not pondering the hell out of it.

I wish I would have hit the regular AMP that day, too.

I really don't need the adjustability. From everything I have read online, I can't really tell any other difference between the AMP and the AMP Cell.

Stiff shaft? This is at the top of my ponder list for 2013. Got an RBZ driver last year, but I hit the CELL so well last year, that I would be doing myself a disservice by not pondering the hell out of it.

I wish I would have hit the regular AMP that day, too.

I really don't need the adjustability. From everything I have read online, I can't really tell any other difference between the AMP and the AMP Cell.

I hit T0AD's AMP driver when he came to visit us during the Myrtle Beach Invitational. The one driver that I hit with it was pured so I was bugged eyed and semi lusting. :bulgy-eyes:

Do any of you MC Cobra staffers have a set game plan for dialing this in? As for me I think I will start out on standard everything then tweak from there. Just trying to see what everyone that may be opting for this just to maybe help me a little bit with my own dialing in.

I just ordered the AMP Cell Pro with a Kuro Kage X. From what I can tell and in talking with a buddy who plays that shaft, it's a solid stock offering.

Do any of you MC Cobra staffers have a set game plan for dialing this in? As for me I think I will start out on standard everything then tweak from there. Just trying to see what everyone that may be opting for this just to maybe help me a little bit with my own dialing in.

more than likely, this will be the driver of choice for me.
i know that i normally stick around a 10 or 10.5, but since i have the options...there's no reason not to spend a day at the range seeing what each loft setting will do for me. might as well, right?

I will start at 10.5 and go from there. I won't really be worried about loft settings yet until I figure out which shaft will be paired with the head.

I'm really thinking I'd start the Pro in the 9.5 fade setting, but I can't wait to try all that in person for sure!

I hope to get dialed in on the launch monitor at the Outing in May.

I hope to get dialed in on the launch monitor at the Outing in May.
Same here. The tough choice is going to be color. From the pictures I've seen, they all look really good.

Same here. The tough choice is going to be color. From the pictures I've seen, they all look really good.

They look even better in person. The blue is really spectacular IMO.

to me the color is the easy choice. At least for the driver. Blue it is!

I'm really thinking I'd start the Pro in the 9.5 fade setting, but I can't wait to try all that in person for sure!

That's my plan as well. I've played my current driver quite neutral, but the one before that was fade biased, as in 1° open, and it was the bomb. Go to see how my swing and these babies work together!

to me the color is the easy choice. At least for the driver. Blue it is!

Dean -- Good choice partner! That would be my color or will be my color, when I own one :D

Back