Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

Giving this old thread a bumparoo after reading through a bunch of it. The consensus seems to be that the head really comes to life paired with an aftermarket shaft, I have the stock reg flex and am thinking about upgrading. Any input on a decent shaft for a 92-93mph swing speed that has a mid ball flight? Any shaft I get I'll most likely take down to 44.5", as this driver just feels LONG to me when swinging it.

Giving this old thread a bumparoo after reading through a bunch of it. The consensus seems to be that the head really comes to life paired with an aftermarket shaft, I have the stock reg flex and am thinking about upgrading. Any input on a decent shaft for a 92-93mph swing speed that has a mid ball flight? Any shaft I get I'll most likely take down to 44.5", as this driver just feels LONG to me when swinging it.
Some of this depends on your spin model. I'm in and around the same speed as you, and saw my best results from an Aldila NV65 shaft in stiff. Low launch, no ballooning, and a pretty shallow angle of descent.

I might have to dig that guy from my spare bag and give it another go. I keep planning to, and then my game off the tee goes to scheisse and I start over.

I'm playing the Kuro Kage in my AC and really starting to spin the heck out of it!

Thinking of picking up a SLDR now....

Some of this depends on your spin model. I'm in and around the same speed as you, and saw my best results from an Aldila NV65 shaft in stiff. Low launch, no ballooning, and a pretty shallow angle of descent.

I might have to dig that guy from my spare bag and give it another go. I keep planning to, and then my game off the tee goes to scheisse and I start over.
I love the NV65 in my Amp Cell. I may try it in my Bio Cell.

Still have this one with the black tie. It is still my security blanket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had my first outdoor session with it yesterday. Unreal forgiveness. Lower ballflight than I'd like, even on 11.5*, but it's great. I could just kill it set to 10.5D and know it'd go left, but nothing penal. Definitely need more time with it, but so far I'm a fan.

I'm surprised to hear about your lower ball flight, I find it the opposite. I find that I get too high of a flight and can just about get away with it turned down to 8.5*...

I have a SLDR en route...

I'm surprised to hear about your lower ball flight, I find it the opposite. I find that I get too high of a flight and can just about get away with it turned down to 8.5*...

With the 'ahina in my Amp Cell, I was playing it at 11.5*. With the Red Tie in my Bio Cell +, I play it at 9.5*. I would have thought that with the lower spin properties of the + it would be the opposite.

Is the Ahina really that much of a low launch shaft? I've not actually tested one..

My miss now is a low screaming hook so I'm sure my swing has more to do with the low flight than the stock shaft itself.

Got to hit mine last week. So far I am liking it. Right off the bat I was connecting with it better than my previous driver although I still need a lot of work. Set it up at 11.5 but need to go back and play with it some more. Liked it enough to pick up a used Bio Cell 3/4 wood and Bio Cell 3/4 hybrid.

Not that I could tell the difference anyway but, hopefully I can do well enough using the stock shaft. I was just checking out some of the referenced shafts and damn, they are more than the driver itself.

I lowered my loft from 10.5 to 8.5, just to see what would happen and I am liking it. Lower flight with with a slight draw if my swing is right. Plus I'm getting 10-15 more yards. Love my amp cell

I launch the heck out of mine even when set at 8.5*.. Maybe even higher than my SLDR set at 11*.....

I launch the heck out of mine even when set at 8.5*.. Maybe even higher than my SLDR set at 11*.....
Its because this spins like a top compared to the SLDR haha, its high launch upper tier spin for sure.

I lowered my loft from 10.5 to 8.5, just to see what would happen and I am liking it. Lower flight with with a slight draw if my swing is right. Plus I'm getting 10-15 more yards. Love my amp cell

A whole bunch of THPers are getting together not too far from you for Live Driver Testing complete with launch monitor and every major release. Could be a good chance to get solid, hardcore numbers.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...-Outing-aka-Jucy-Lucy-amp-Friends-May-16-2015

Its because this spins like a top compared to the SLDR haha, its high launch upper tier spin for sure.

Yea, it sure does. I even tipped the Kuro Kage a 1/2" too but it still gets up there lol...

I also think that it is lofted up compared to the loft markings on teh sleeve!

It is forgiving tho..

Was looking for a LH, forgiving, stiff shafted driver, which is not easy over here, but found a silver AMP Cell at a great price in the UK. Has the stock Fujikura Fuel in it, really curious what the transition from reg to stiff will do for me. Should be here thursday.

Just bought a fujikura fuel stiff shaft at 44.25" for $25, came with the shaft adapter so why not.

That's funny....I just bought the same thing in a Reg. flex to replace my Stiff.

It was on global golf. I liked my reg shaft but felt I had to change my swing to control it. Maybe my thinking is wrong but for that cheap it was worth a shot.

Back