Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

I hit both the red and orange. They are both sharp. I like the red better tho.

Just got an amp cell demo driver. Got about 36 holes to play this weekend. 2 man scramble. Can't wait!

Umm wow.

I played my first 18 with the #bluebomber today.

Just unreal. I am fully convinced that there is radar technology in this club that makes the ball find the fairway.

I hit this off the tee 12 times today - hit 10 fairways, and miss an 11th by about 1 yard. It is just so easy to hit. I have a 113 mph swing speed and am playing the stock stiff shaft and had no issues with ballooning. I was getting absolutely beautiful ball flight.

I can't get over how easy this driver was to hit. The ball just flew off the club face and just found the fairway over and over. I've never hit this many fairways in my life in a single round... I am having trouble finding the words right now to describe how much confidence I have on the tee box with the Amp Cell.

Just got an amp cell demo driver. Got about 36 holes to play this weekend. 2 man scramble. Can't wait!

Can't wait for the feedback you have for us after the weekend.

If this driver plays half as well as the feeback so far makes it sound I am going to be thrilled. Looks, technology, and performance, what more could you ask for?

jlukes makes me want to drive down to Jersey this weekend

jlukes makes me want to drive down to Jersey this weekend

I do have one complaint about the driver.

I am having to adjust my aim point -- instead of a fade, I am hitting it straight and sometimes even have a bit of a baby draw. :p

Umm wow.

I played my first 18 with the #bluebomber today.

Just unreal. I am fully convinced that there is radar technology in this club that makes the ball find the fairway.

I hit this off the tee 12 times today - hit 10 fairways, and miss an 11th by about 1 yard. It is just so easy to hit. I have a 113 mph swing speed and am playing the stock stiff shaft and had no issues with ballooning. I was getting absolutely beautiful ball flight.

I can't get over how easy this driver was to hit. The ball just flew off the club face and just found the fairway over and over. I've never hit this many fairways in my life in a single round... I am having trouble finding the words right now to describe how much confidence I have on the tee box with the Amp Cell.

Awesome line right there. Should tweet it.

I do have one complaint about the driver.

I am having to adjust my aim point -- instead of a fade, I am hitting it straight and sometimes even have a bit of a baby draw. :p

how awful haha

how awful haha

It caused me to miss a fairway by a yard (on the first hole, no less)! The horror!

But seriously, I didn't miss another fairway until 17, where I flared my hips and pulled one to the left (killed it, but a dead pull). Followed it up on 18 with a laser that carried 280. This club is robodriver

5ybe5y9y.jpg
usemare3.jpg

TapaTalk from the iPhone

looks great TH! love that blue!

The blue looks incredible Taylor!

I keep coming back to the blue, I can't get that sweet feeling from Iowa outta my head.

Love hearing about those results jlukes! I can't wait to get my hands on one.

Just hit these today at Golfsmith and I will share my thoughts.

Driver: I like the look sound and feel but I am really disapointed to heaviest gram shaft is 63g unless you go for the "Pro" head. Distance was right in line with my driver with the only diference being mishits dont seem to lose as much distance. The E9 face technology seemed to do its best to keep the ball from drawing unless I had it in the 9.5D setting, which was perfect for me. Overall I like this club better than last years, especially with the color options but I really hope they come up with a wider variety of shaft options from the factory so what I need would not have to be special ordered.

Fairway: This for me was basically the same as the driver except this one carried 5-7yds longer than my surrent FW. The only place this club fell short for me was once again the shaft options. I hope next year Cobra will make a "Pro" version of the FW and give some shaft options in the 70-85g range for thoose of us that need it.

Love the color options for these clubs but I still cant belive they forgot about black lol.

Just hit these today at Golfsmith and I will share my thoughts.

Driver: I like the look sound and feel but I am really disapointed to heaviest gram shaft is 63g unless you go for the "Pro" head. Distance was right in line with my driver with the only diference being mishits dont seem to lose as much distance. The E9 face technology seemed to do its best to keep the ball from drawing unless I had it in the 9.5D setting, which was perfect for me. Overall I like this club better than last years, especially with the color options but I really hope they come up with a wider variety of shaft options from the factory so what I need would not have to be special ordered.

Fairway: This for me was basically the same as the driver except this one carried 5-7yds longer than my surrent FW. The only place this club fell short for me was once again the shaft options. I hope next year Cobra will make a "Pro" version of the FW and give some shaft options in the 70-85g range for thoose of us that need it.

Love the color options for these clubs but I still cant belive they forgot about black lol.

Thanks for the input. Cobra has some really good custom options this year including some of the best new shafts on the market. Check this out:

http://www.cobragolf.com/media/wysiwyg/custom-options/2013CustomShaft.pdf

Heading to golf Galaxy this morning and am going to hit the launch monitor to make sure I am dialed into the correct loft!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Gawd I love that blue Amp Cell driver!

Heading to golf Galaxy this morning and am going to hit the launch monitor to make sure I am dialed into the correct loft!

I'll be interested to see if you are able to get even better performance out of it than you already are.

Gawd I love that blue Amp Cell driver!

I have a feeling you will have it by the outing

I'll be interested to see if you are able to get even better performance out of it than you already are.

I have a feeling you will have it by the outing

Dean every time I see that puppy, I lust over it like a fat hog over a plump corn cob :pig:

Just got back! I'm now playing it at 9.5. Saw launch angle numbers around 10 and 11 degrees and got my spin down below 3000. (i was getting 12 degrees and 3100-3200 spin with 10.5 degrees)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

I also got a new grip put on her. Pics coming this evening when I get home.

Tapped out on my EVO 4G LTE

Just got back! I'm now playing it at 9.5. Saw launch angle numbers around 10 and 11 degrees and got my spin down below 3000. (i was getting 12 degrees and 3100-3200 spin with 10.5 degrees)
Now you are really going to bomb that thing! What grip did you put on it? You didn't like the REL 3Gen?

Back